197 poly mounts advise

Hi..im afraid to tell you the bad news if you want to enjoy your car,you will have to replace all.3 of them...
They all are causing massive vibrations and I'm surprised you survived the drive..
If they all are the black series then the vibrations won't settle down...
You could get the yellow series of powerflex bushes instead but just for the lower engine(dog bone) and torque arm bush as they will improve your drive comfort and you will will be able to keep your own teeth:sweatsmile:

Just read your reply again :smile:

So if I was to buy two powerflex yellow bushes, one for the lower engine mount and one for the upper torque arm bush, then do I just buy a standard Renault bush for the upper engine mount?

I've had a look here, and I can't see the upper torque arm bush?

https://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/products/Clio+III+(2005+-+2012)-2882/1.html

Also, are the ones listed here, the right ones, I mean, they look yellow in the photo? lol

How much do you think a garage would charge to change all three for me?

Thanks so much for the help!

So I can't seem to find an OEM upper engine mount bush and looks like I would need to buy the full engine mount bracket.

If I was to replace the bracket and fit powerflex yellow to the lower engine mount and torque arm bush then do you think this would be a good compromise of less vibrations but decent stability?

Another question! Where the heck is the torque arm bush?

So the torque arm bush, upper engine mount, upper engine bracket are all essentially the same thing?

Which part is the torque bush and which part is the upper engine mount? Is the back bush the torque bush and the front one the upper engine bush?

Sorry for all the questions - I just want to make sure I order the right stuff.

What do you think to just ordering a new bracket, going with standard bushes, but changing the lower engine mount to yellow powerflex?

So the torque arm bush, upper engine mount, upper engine bracket are all essentially the same thing?

Which part is the torque bush and which part is the upper engine mount? Is the back bush the torque bush and the front one the upper engine bush?

Sorry for all the questions - I just want to make sure I order the right stuff.

What do you think to just ordering a new bracket, going with standard bushes, but changing the lower engine mount to yellow powerflex?

The "Upper Engine Mount Torque Arm Bush" is the part I've shown you. I'd say the "Upper Engine Mount Insert" is a seperated part.

The bracket should actually belong to the "Upper Engine Mount Torque Arm Bush" and is a purple coloured part but I'm not really sure on this.

I hope that helps a bit. If not wait until somebody with more knowledge can help you.

Reactions: Tony T
Cheers. I got it all figured out now :smile:

Is anyone on here running the lower engine mount and torque arm mount inserts and finding the vibrations okay?

Not sure whether to just go back to OEM or whether to try the yellows on the above mounts.

fine..you will love it..the vibrations will settle down in time..proved..

Mine didn't, so I removed them (were on the car when I bought it).

Tony I think I replied to you on the FB group, hope you get it sorted.

Did you just have the yellows on the lower mount and torque arm mate?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Did you just have the yellows on the lower mount and torque arm mate?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Yep, and they drove me nuts lol.
So I took insert on the lower dogbone mount (well I had a new dogbone, so just put that on) then I got a new upper torque arm, voila no more vibrations.

You can get away with taking out the inserts from your lower dogbone and engine mount, then try and buy a used arm (or do a trade with someone for their OEM arm for your powerflex'd one)?

Yeah remember you not being happy with them..nice to see you back on the forum..was wondering where you'd gone...:thumb:

Reactions: suj
Yeah remember you not being happy with them..nice to see you back on the forum..was wondering where you'd gone...:thumb:

Haha, still about, just been doing bits and bobs on the car, I need to update my thread when I get a few mins, with all the pics lol.

Reactions: Pav
Yep, and they drove me nuts lol.
So I took insert on the lower dogbone mount (well I had a new dogbone, so just put that on) then I got a new upper torque arm, voila no more vibrations.

You can get away with taking out the inserts from your lower dogbone and engine mount, then try and buy a used arm (or do a trade with someone for their OEM arm for your powerflex'd one)?

I think I'll just remove the inserts from the lower and upper mounts and stick a yellow on the torque arm and see how I get on.

Can you resell the inserts after use or are they too worn?

I think I'll just remove the inserts from the lower and upper mounts and stick a yellow on the torque arm and see how I get on.

Can you resell the inserts after use or are they too worn?

The polyurethane ones will be fine to sell on. I had the lower mount, upper engine mount, and the torque mount (all yellow), and the vibrations were hellish. If I were to do it again and it was a road car I'd only do the lower mount and the torque mount, purely to protect the exhaust manifold flexis.

Reactions: suj
The polyurethane ones will be fine to sell on. I had the lower mount, upper engine mount, and the torque mount (all yellow), and the vibrations were hellish. If I were to do it again and it was a road car I'd only do the lower mount and the torque mount, purely to protect the exhaust manifold flexis.

What Sean said, you can sell them on no problem.
As you have Black coloured (the stiffer ones) I think your plan of taking inserts out, then putting yellow will be fine.

Or you can see if someone wants to swap an OEM one for your powerflex upper torque arm (plus some cash your way) :smile:

Reactions: Sean197

What sort of vibrations did you get with the just the torque and lower mount yellows? Livable?