197 poly mounts advise

All 3 mounts done and I most say it feels a lot better with little vibrations.

Should I do the torque bush or is there not much point?

Just didn't no if there is much point with me doing the main up bush.

Well with all the others uprated there's going to be more stress on that final mount, I'd say it would be worth it.

When I changed my upper torque arm bush the old rubber had seen better days...

I suppose it depends on what you use the car for and what you can put up with :think: I have the torque bush polybushed, a full set of 3 vibratechnics mounts (the race ones) a lightened crank pulley (no rubber in it) and a lightened flywheel and paddle clutch.

With it being the cup version it has the cheaper plastic dash and the vibrations at certain revs makes me think the dash is going to fall off but I love it :excited:

I want to replace the rear beam bushes with the black polybush next, anyone already done this?

Reactions: ///M
Just to resurrect this thread.

I bought a Clio 197 which has poly engine mounts and the vibrations are pretty bad, though it may just because I'm not used to driving it yet as I've only had it two days.

I've attached a picture of the engine bay, you can see a couple of the poly mounts in the picture.

Can you advise which poly mount to remove, that might lessen the vibrations?

Attachments

• 22497264_1918401035090626_233139983_o.jpg
    22497264_1918401035090626_233139983_o.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 36
Okay, managed to dig out the receipts for the powerflex mounts.

The car has the Lower Engine Mount, Upper Engine Mount and Upper Engine Mount Arm bush BLACK poly bushes fitted.

On another thread, someone said that Powerflex made a YELLOW version which apparently is better for road use and reduces vibration.

Can some more experienced members tell me which of the above three mounts could be removed and put back to standard to reduce vibrations?

Or, is it worth replacing with the powerflex YELLOW, as I have the BLACK installed?

Lastly, how much would a garage charge me to swap over any one of these mounts?

Cheers! :smile:

Hi..im afraid to tell you the bad news if you want to enjoy your car,you will have to replace all.3 of them...
They all are causing massive vibrations and I'm surprised you survived the drive..
If they all are the black series then the vibrations won't settle down...
You could get the yellow series of powerflex bushes instead but just for the lower engine(dog bone) and torque arm bush as they will improve your drive comfort and you will will be able to keep your own teeth:sweatsmile:

Last edited:
To echo the above:

Unless it's a dedicated track / race car; then the best place for black series (Especially a full set !) is in the nearest waste receptacle ! :smile:

Thanks chaps!

So I'd need to swap to powerflex yellows or back to standard?

How much would a garage charge to swap them over?

Cheers

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk