197 poly mounts advise

Hi guys are they pretty easy to fit like or a pain in a**?
Are the powerflex inserts any good? Only can find powerflex mounts is there any other makes?

I think KTEC make some but I'd go for Poweflex to be honest.

Fitting depends on which one, but all of them are fairly straight forward providing you've got the right tools.

There's guides on here in the 'How To' section for the upper torque arm bush, the lower engine mount insert and the gearbox mount insert.

Start with the upper torque arm only. It's the easiest to fit, makes the most difference to how the car feels, and doesn't add much vibration. It's usually enough for most not to bother with the rest :smile:

Reactions: Dystant
Yeah as above, the vibrations ease off over time. They are very noticeable at first and they have the potential to do your head in... But the benefits are well worth it for a few hundred miles.

Start with the upper torque arm only. It's the easiest to fit, makes the most difference to how the car feels, and doesn't add much vibration. It's usually enough for most not to bother with the rest :smile:

Yeah I agree with this, fit this one first and see how you get on.

As mentioned above the vibrations do settle a little after a couple hundred miles :smile:

That's one thing I don't want vibrations lol
Want to keep it still comfy

The vibrations usually only noticeable on idle occasionally and when you initially start moving, once you're actually driving you wouldn't even know they were fitted :smile:

That's why I went for inserts instead of full new mounts
I put poly mounts in my Almera gti but soon removed them cause it was undrivable.

Do want to keep making threads so does anyone know if the ramair panel filters are any good?

I run one, Far as i'm concerned same construction as ITG, K-Ted etc (Rubber surround, quality foam and stainless mesh). Just much better price.

Ramair are also a make that have been around for donkey's years and arent new to this game. I remember using them on bikes nearly 30 years ago. And they have a great name in the bike World.

Personally id be amazed if these didnt provide all the benefits of any of the other more expensive panel filter options for the RS Clio's with no negatives.....

Reactions: Dystant
Cool trying to get everything done before mapping Saturday.
Exhaust is done just looking for a filter and bushes to turn up.

Do they change sound like induction kits or not really? Never used a panel filter always changed to open cone filters.

the panel filter does absolutely nothing..unless you have £50 to spare I wouldnt bother..the only advantage is that you can clean it and reuse...

Reactions: sevenfourate
Do they change sound like induction kits or not really? Never used a panel filter always changed to open cone filters.

Open cones and the heat-soak that goes with them havn't been hugely popular or favoured for many on here seeking performance alone.

The airbox design of the Clio 197 / 200 is pretty good as standard - and a panel filter is the favoured choice of many for perhaps just a tiny-tiny-tiny piece of extra performance AND the ability to clean / oil come service time.

It (Panel filter) will make no / VERY little difference to noise. An induction kit will sound loud ! (But may lose power) unless shielded well, fed with cold air feeds etc.

Others mileage may vary.......

Is the top Engine mount insert easy to do?
Can't find a how to for that and going to try it later?
Do you need to remove the full mount to get the insert in?

Is the top Engine mount insert easy to do?
Can't find a how to for that and going to try it later?
Do you need to remove the full mount to get the insert in?

Here's the link to the guide bud.

Really easy to fit, don't need to remove the arm, just loosen it up so you can swing it away from the engine, remove the old rubber insert the new mount and tighten it all up.

Shouldn't take more than an hour :thumb:

EDIT: Just to clarify we're talking about the upper torque arm bush or the upper engine mount insert? Don't think there's a guide for the upper engine mount insert.