197 model differences,

Hi Guys

So i understand that the cup chassis is a smarter set up but the clio cup itself how much lighter is it than a 197?

Also How much of a difference is there really between a cup chassis and a non cup? Could you mod a 197 to a similar level as a cup chassis? I drove and non cup and though it was awesome but there always room for more!

Reason i ask is the money difference at the moment seems alot between the 2!

:thumbup1:

Pete

The 197 cup has A/C on the options list I know this weights a fair bit. but don't think thers a massive difference in weight between non cup and FF 197 tbh.

Cup suspension is 7mm lower and is slightly stiffer. And you get red Brembo brakes and dark grey alloys.

Am hoping to get KW V1 coilovers soon which is something you could look at if you got a 197 without cup suspension, I have cup suspension but it just aint low enoff for me.

Last edited:
I drove them both back to back, mine with the cup suspension and recaro's Vs a standard suspension and seats. TBH I prefered the tighter ride and look of the recaro's and the cup suspension is plenty hard enough without being to uncomfortable for me. Diffinately prefered it over the standard suspension (which is non too shabby its self).

Mine is a standard full fat clio, with cup pack suspension and recaro's added from new..

www.parkers.co.uk will supply you with plenty of info on weights etc. I would imagine :smile:

Dont bother with parkers it doesnt supply weight info on the cup for some reason :001_unsure:

Going from memory the FF is 1240kg and I think the Cup is 1200kg. So basically you can get the same weight by running with a quarter tank of fuel in the FF lol! The biggest differences, as said already, are the ride height and stiffness and its those which you are going to feel on a day to day basis.

Its never going to be a big difference in weight as that would equal a faster 0-60 time and they are both the same (6.9secs). Im sure Renualt wouldn't have missed an opportunity to get quicker times into their publicity stuff if they could have.

the 200 was .2 seconds slower around the evo test ring, i went for 200+ cup so i get the goodies, forth every penny.