197 exhaust

Right, i've seen some 197s where you can see the exhaust coming out of the rear diffuser, i haven't got a 400quid to spend on a new exhaust system, is there anything out there that makes the exhaust more visual??

theres some exhaust trims you can buy, the just slip over the existing exhausts and just tighten the bolts, there not alot and you can easily get them on ebay, ive got them on mine and it does set the diffuser off if you cant afford a system lol

Yeah, im abit skint after buying the car wait a few months till i can get the system, are they easy to fit?

I've got the trims on mine. They are genuine Renault, not cheap tat, so look the part. Mine were £60 off ebay, but I think they are about the same from a dealer. The have 2 large bolts to keep them on and they can be tricky to fit if you want to hide the blots (which you will, trust me)! You will need a socket to reach in from the wheel arch to tighten them up, that's how mine were fitted anyway.

I think the renault ones are a bit small, the milltek tips look perfect and they're 3". I was looking into getting some bolt on tips that are 3" but never found any that look like decent quality

I think the renault ones are a bit small, the milltek tips look perfect and they're 3". I was looking into getting some bolt on tips that are 3" but never found any that look like decent quality

can you buy just the Milltek tips then, ?

I don't think so, I was looking for an alternative.

I was thinking about going to somewhere like powerflow and just getting some tips welded on but I would prefer something that can be removed for when I sell the car

I bet you could buy some tips and make them so they fit. You would have to buy a bold and clamp big enough and cut a couple of cuts in the tip (not the tip end) so that when the clamp is put around it has got some shrinkage space.

I bet you could buy some tips and make them so they fit. You would have to buy a bolt and clamp big enough and cut a couple of cuts in the tip where the clamp would sit (not the tip end) so that when the clamp is put around it has got some shrinkage space.

EDIT: sorry for double post, computer froze when I clicked 'Post Reply', so I had to write it again! Lol!

i still prefere the slash cut ends for that OEM finish tbh. :thumbup1:

is that what your going to try to do Ben, ?

give piper a email mate..i brought the system off of them but the tips that come with it are to small so i got them to make me some 3" tips up. cost me £50 and took 4 days from sending the email to arriving :smile:

give piper a email mate..i brought the system off of them but the tips that come with it are to small so i got them to make me some 3" tips up. cost me £50 and took 4 days from sending the email to arriving :smile:

got any pics of them fitted mate,

i still prefere the slash cut ends for that OEM finish tbh. :thumbup1:

is that what your going to try to do Ben, ?

I was thinking just straight cut but maybe a slight slash cut so that they follow the lines of the diffuser could be nice

Do the tips on the piper system just bolt on then? Sounds interesting

Do the tips on the piper system just bolt on then? Sounds interesting

they slide onto the back box ends and then put a jubilee clip to hold them in place... piper can do different type of tips aswell...slashed, straight cut, rolled in, rolled out etc

Managed to find some 3" stainless pipe at work and a mate in the workshop offered to turn the ends down and make some adapters so that they slide over the original exhaust.

I'll tap some holes in the trims and put a couple of grub screws in hold it in place, will put some exhaust paste on for good measure too. The 3" pipe looks massive off the car but spot on when you put it over the standard pipe