16mm Spacer pic. request of actual spacer

Hi, can anyone who has 16mm spacer post up the picture of the ACTUAL SPACER ? I wanna know how the spacer looks like.

Thanks!

There's noone who's got a picture of the actual 16mm spacer??
come on guys, i really want those i need to see how doeas it look like :smile:!!!

Larkspeed have photos on their website. Fundamentally its a round bit of metal with holes drilled in it.

Larkspeed have photos on their website. Fundamentally its a round bit of metal with holes drilled in it.

I know how the spacer looks like. There is a guy who makes them custom here, he said that he cannot make 16mm because there is nothing for wheel to hold on except the bolts. i dont want my wheel to hold on bolts. I wanna know if it is possible to have spacer with 16mm with the middle round ring that fits in the wheel.

I have eibach hubcentric 16mm spacers so yes, it is possible.

I thought with the 16mm Eibach ones you needed longer bolts as they simply passed through the spacer. And that it wasn't until you got to the 25mm ones that they became 'hubcentric'.

No no no, hubcentric means they have a recess that locates on the hub, and a protruding ring that the wheels locate on to keep them concentric...doesnt mean they are bolt to hub

No no no, hubcentric means they have a recess that locates on the hub, and a protruding ring that the wheels locate on to keep them concentric...doesnt mean they are bolt to hub

So that means that i can fit 16mm all around the car, with the ring that locates the wheel in the middle???

I wish someone had a picture of their eibach 16mm spacer so i can see it :worried: :worried:

Yep. http://www.performancealloys.com/eibach-alloy-wheel-spacers.aspx

These are eibach below.

splongShot.jpg

However, why everyone goes for the Eibach/H&R i dont know. FK Automotive are big in the audi/vw scene and their spacers are £40 a pair, half the price of the big names and just as good quality.

Aliright, i bought some NN german made 4 pieces for around 80euros.
However i bought 20mm, as they didnt have 16mm. And he told me i can make this one smaller, but if i make it smaller then the actuall hub that holds the wheel would touch the ring of the spacer, and there would be a gap between the hub and spacers.. So it is not safe to drive it like that, as the spacer should be touching the hub 100%... Thats why i still dont get how can you have 16mm spacer on 197, and have the ring that centers the wheel. I guess people that have them just stick longer bolts, and thats what their wheel holds onto.

I have 16mm spacers and they are the hubcentric type.

It's a tight fit but the can be made this way.

Aliright, i bought some NN german made 4 pieces for around 80euros.
However i bought 20mm, as they didnt have 16mm. And he told me i can make this one smaller, but if i make it smaller then the actuall hub that holds the wheel would touch the ring of the spacer, and there would be a gap between the hub and spacers.. So it is not safe to drive it like that, as the spacer should be touching the hub 100%... Thats why i still dont get how can you have 16mm spacer on 197, and have the ring that centers the wheel. I guess people that have them just stick longer bolts, and thats what their wheel holds onto.

the problem you've got mate is that the spigot on the hub sticks out along way,further on the front compared to the back as well iirc,i'm sure 16mm spacers are the smallest hubcentric spacers you can buy for the mk3 clio but eibach and H&R definately fit

its hard to explain in words but once you've got a spacer in your hand and the wheel off you'll see the issue

i have 16mm spacers all round as well and yes you need longer bolts but the spacer is located on the hub spigot central and the wheel is located on the spacer spigot so that is central as well

Last edited:
personally i think you'll find that the 20mm spacers will look great anyway so no need to machine them down,imo its only 25mm spacers that look over the top

personally i think you'll find that the 20mm spacers will look great anyway so no need to machine them down,imo its only 25mm spacers that look over the top

Yep :smile: They do look great on 17" :smile: But i have 18" R26 wheels. So its kind of too much :smile: I will try ask this guy to cmc mashine my out, and make them smaller.. to 16mm.
Cause i think with R26 wheels 16mm is perfect

the problem you've got mate is that the spigot on the hub sticks out along way,further on the front compared to the back as well iirc,i'm sure 16mm spacers are the smallest hubcentric spacers you can buy for the mk3 clio but eibach and H&R definately fit

its hard to explain in words but once you've got a spacer in your hand and the wheel off you'll see the issue

i have 16mm spacers all round as well and yes you need longer bolts but the spacer is located on the hub spigot central and the wheel is located on the spacer spigot so that is central as well

Yep, i've got the spacer in my hand, and the wheel off :smile: This is why i am so confused. Cause i see that spigot hits from inside the actuall ring that wheel lies on. So if i make it smaller the spacer wont be lying straight onto hub.

Similar Thread Suggestions