144mph FRS & Evo

i think people that stick to the speed limit rigorously are far more dangerous, as they are probably spending more time looking at the speedo than whats happening outside the car, just an opinion.....

i think people that stick to the speed limit rigorously are far more dangerous, as they are probably spending more time looking at the speedo than whats happening outside the car, just an opinion.....

Surly a good driver doesn't need to look at his/her speedo to maintain a set speed.

if you are doing 70 on a dual carriageway and overtake a truck doing 60, you would mirror, signal and manoeuvre. Say you judge the car in the distance of half a mile (no small distance) a car travelling at 140 would take around 25 seconds to hit the car doing 70.

take into account the driver doing 140 having to think and react you are down to 20 seconds, he will no doubt over react (a common thing that causes a build up of traffic on motorways known as snaking?) the car behind would have hit it imo without question.

Surly a good driver doesn't need to look at his/her speedo to maintain a set speed.

if you are doing 70 on a dual carriageway and overtake a truck doing 60, you would mirror, signal and manoeuvre. Say you judge the car in the distance of half a mile (no small distance) a car travelling at 140 would take around 25 seconds to hit the car doing 70.

take into account the driver doing 140 having to think and react you are down to 20 seconds, he will no doubt over react (a common thing that causes a build up of traffic on motorways known as snaking?) the car behind would have hit it imo without question.

Im not condoning doing 144mph, its stupid, i am scared of going over 85 :lol: but i was just saying about the people that do 30 dead all the time, they must be staring at the speedo

the worst are those that do 40 in a 60 and 40 in a 30 and then go on the motorway and do well err 40.

as well as those that yoyo from 65-80 on a motorway, ffs just pick a speed and do it!

i always try and adhere to the speedlimit be it 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 or 70. I admit i am no saint 100% of the time as no one can be but its really not bad to go 70 on a motorway and as for 20's and 30's. It's that for a reason.

i spend very little time looking at the speedo and i would actually put money on being able to get a speed to within 1 or 2mph without looking at the speedo.

I just generally go with the flow of traffic, but if a nice empty road then the right foot will go down slightly :wink:

I don't really find driving at high speed that fun or skilful. Speeding through the back road twisties is far more fun, oh and on track of course lol

Yes matey. They arrived this afternoon. Can't wait to use them in anger. Should be Silverstone in Feb sometime wooooohooooooo

Haha :smile: happy days :smile: leave me feedback on here if you could please :smile: [MENTION=49763]Rotoryboy[/MENTION]

Personally I think they are both a pair of idiots.

Why not just put your fast driving on a track where it is safe to do so

Doing 144mph and endangering the lives of innocent road users is just selfish and uncalled for

And before the abuse comes my way I admit I am far from a saint but that is just stupid

1 small mistake and both cars would be ****ed, not to mention the risk of killing other people

Utter muppets!

Agree with Ashton.

We'll all have a 'play' in our cars but not racing at over 140mph. I might blast round a few bends late at night or something but they were asking for trouble and only have themselves to blame.

I agree.... But I find a quiet, short, straight-lined blast on an A road or motorway (not in the Clio, it's too slow:ban:) is safer than blasting it around a few B roads.

Just in my experience.

i wonder what they would have got it they were caught doing the same on an empty motorway at like 3am, not that you should but id would be much safer than doing that kind od speed on a A road with lots of people around.

Pair of total idiots, bearing in mind it would have been showing well over 150mph on their speedos. To my mind the following driver should have got more than the lead driver.

They were travelling at a cars distance apart and covering over 200ft a second. Whether the law is right or not the plain fact is that it's there and if you choose to ignore it then you face the music. Without knowing what they said when interviewed or what evidence was presented to the court none of us can comment on the length of the sentence but you cant get away from the fact that they are guilty. The fortunate thing is they never wiped any of our families out in the process

I personally think it's a bit harsh tbh, IMO the reason just about everyone on this forum owns the car they do is because they like cars and fast/quick ones at that. To say nobody drives them over the limit occasionally is unbelievable, why buy a car like this in the first place? They could've done harm but they didn't, saying what if this and what if that, maybe but nothing happened. They've been very very unlucky. I'm not condoning what they've done but as has been mentioned above 99% of people speed at some time.

@jake, I've seen plod there loads of times at that interchange at Crathorne, they usually sit behind the Yarm turn off waiting for people going flying passed heading towards Boro, I've seen marked and unmarked cars there

Im sure most of us have gone over the limit, but i would never "race" someone on the public roads, the outcome can only be being caught or crashing.

post_old.gif 28-01-2014, 18:40 #3
tommi mak
Senior User
member2011.gif

Off topic......is your mates FRS going cheapconfused.gifsmile.gif
If it is let me know

<tbody>
</tbody>
Hahaha!

On a more serious note, 144mph on a motorway is ridiculous, deserved ban.

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TB Rich Gallery 11
K Projects/Progress Threads 22
L Other Marques 1
Liambo-201 Other Marques 19