144mph FRS & Evo

[MENTION=3782]Chris197F1[/MENTION] this is just up the road from me and a well known bobby spot they must of been mad gunning it there:001_unsure:

got laff at the "is your mates FRS going cheap"

Where abouts is it on the a19 mark? I usually bomb down there coming back from work! Never see any Bobbys... Which is worrying!

I do think it's a bit unfair but there is a time and a place and that wasn't it.
It does get annoying though. How come we have things like 4 pot brakes, traction control, Abs etc etc yet I'm only allowed to go as fast as a 30 year old ford running on drum brakes

Then the media and the public to deal with. The video with the FRS and the Rs200 for example, over a million views and it's basically saying how fantastic and fast the 2 cars are and how good the handling is as well as the speed, but then you buy one, do what they do, and your a *******. Sigh

Ouch! Must be gutted, could not go from having a car to banned for 3 years...

Plus a jail sentence so bye bye job...

But i guess on the other hand you can easily argue that he could have caused some serious issues had he of crashed / a problem arised

Tbh look how close the evo is, it's not the speed or stopping distance but also reaction time and others judging their speed.

Chances are they were two scrotes who couldn't afford a big fine so got punished in other ways.

That's why the Isle of Mann and the Autobahn are popular attractions lol

This is true and even so less people die on those than poodling our roads at 70.

For example, no one was hurt (albeit more luck than judgement), no damage to anyone's else's car or their own, yet some muppets drive across a bridge in with only being able to see a foot in front of them and cause 150 car pile up. No one gets prosecuted or told off.

Why scrotes [MENTION=636]Mentalpen[/MENTION]? Sure they're just normal people like we are. Although I do admit, I don't do 144 on the m'way.

I once hit the limiter in 6th.. On a private fast & furious Europe air strip of course

Where abouts is it on the a19 mark? I usually bomb down there coming back from work! Never see any Bobbys... Which is worrying!
[MENTION=5005]jakehewitt[/MENTION]It just near Crathorne mate i never boot it near there seen them loads of times.Sneaky spot near Yarm turn of on the A19 to where they sit in.

not so harsh as its not just the speed its the fact they were racing on public roads.
deserve it if you ask me, if they hit anyone the result would most likely be death and not just to them.
so not harsh at all i say!

Geniunely thinking of buying the Evo to be honest, but I'm dubious as to how well it'll have been looked after...

Being driven hard isn't an issue, much like buying a car that had been used for trackdays wouldn't bother me. More the servicing side of things etc..

Being driven hard isn't an issue, much like buying a car that had been used for trackdays wouldn't bother me. More the servicing side of things etc..

I was just gonna say.... It seems the Clio makes more power the harder it's been driven so being driven hard shouldn't be an issue in theory as long as it's been looked after

selling an evo with no history will be hard work as they need serviceing every 4.5k I loved my mr fq 340 but costs to much to maintain and standard evos are boring they need to be 400/400 to be good fun401124_10150488330272340_293789253_n1_zpsecfb0c6a.jpg

I personally think it's a bit harsh tbh, IMO the reason just about everyone on this forum owns the car they do is because they like cars and fast/quick ones at that. To say nobody drives them over the limit occasionally is unbelievable, why buy a car like this in the first place? They could've done harm but they didn't, saying what if this and what if that, maybe but nothing happened. They've been very very unlucky. I'm not condoning what they've done but as has been mentioned above 99% of people speed at some time.

@jake, I've seen plod there loads of times at that interchange at Crathorne, they usually sit behind the Yarm turn off waiting for people going flying passed heading towards Boro, I've seen marked and unmarked cars there

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TB Rich Gallery 11
K Projects/Progress Threads 22
L Other Marques 1
Liambo-201 Other Marques 19