£1300 to spend, Opinions needed!

I should of read this thread first before i posted mine lol! Im gonna go for the v3's, seems worth the money for road and track!

I should of read this thread first before i posted mine lol! Im gonna go for the v3's, seems worth the money for road and track!

Spoke to KW at Trax today and he assured me the difference between standard and properly setup V3s would blow me away, so we shall see. Hopefully going to order tomorrow off Demon Tweeks :tongueout:

Awsome mate, will you pm me with how much it costs you to get em set up when you get round to doing it please mate? If it really is that good then that will be my first mod me thinks!

I'm just wondering... Do you really need adjustable damping?

Where you said "properly setup V3's" - Who will set them up?
Will you change the damping for different tracks, and will you adjust the dampers for different riding conditions, or just leave them as they are fitted (which is really not the point of having adjustable dampers)

I would think spending far less on fixed damping and adjustable ride height for a road car, that sees the odd track day, would be better suited.

Any good tuning company can setup your suspension, its just ensuring the tracking is correct and all coilovers are same height, no dramas there.

After speaking to KW at Trax they said upon request you can get a booklet of all optimal bump/rebound settings for UK and european tracks, bouns!

Plus i like my suspension stiff for w.ends but regulary have to do long motorway stints, so the sporty/comfy settings are ideal!

this is probably what you meant, but you dont want your suspension at the same height, you want it corner weighted.

I am tempted by the H&R kit now, although still seeing if i can get some Ohlins, although i need clio R3 maxi strut bodies etc, so its not easy

I was advised that corner weighing is a waste of time and money on a road car. Seeing that as soon as a passenger or luggage is added to the car it throws the balance out once more.

By getting the car setup i'll just be having the track/alignment setup and asking them to stiffen the bump/rebound up abit.

this is probably what you meant, but you dont want your suspension at the same height, you want it corner weighted.

I am tempted by the H&R kit now, although still seeing if i can get some Ohlins, although i need clio R3 maxi strut bodies etc, so its not easy

how did you get on with the quote?

Lol indeed.

Went to see local tuning company today and luckily enough they are a KW distributor so should know their way around the setup!

Been advised to have em fitted professionally as it'll ease the setup if they fit em too. Probaly bollox but for £200 it saves me a job i guess.

Just waiting for them to arrive now, cummon k-tec!

if you wont use the car on track then yeah corner weighting probably isnt needed.

didnt get a chance to phone today, will do it tomorrow. i imagine ohlins will be £3k ish though. Will let you know.

Worth noting KW also do a clubsport / motorsport 197 setup for 1800 quid.

Clubsport kit for £1800 is over kill for my needs and a waste of money, V3s are more than sufficient.

Wouldnt mind the adj top mounts though!

whats the cheapest you have found the V3s Ben?

I've checked every possible distributor on the net and theres about £10 within them all, even when going direct to KW.

K-tec is your best bet as with your club discount, only avaliable with them, you get about £55 off, result.

tried Kamracing?

Just been speaking to JTech and i may go for the v3's too, or the clubsport spec and get AST solid top mounts too.

AST adjustable top mounts? £300 is too much for that luxury!

Clubsport for 197 is overkill, £1800! better off spending £1200 on V3s then get a decent set of brake pads or something with the change!

LOL. Different strokes for different folks. Better spending 1300 on track day tuition than on the car LOL.

Indeed, thats what i've been told by many people.

However, im not after flash laptimes. Just a low car can be soft for the road and stiff for the track.