Xbox One vs. PS4

N0ddie

Platinum Member
What are folks thoughts on the recently revealed new consoles, their game line-up and general news?

I'm not one of the many folk pi$$ed at the Xbox decision to be always connected and second hand game debacle. For me, the games for the Xbox look far superior (though I know many are cross platform). This on top of a much more comfortable controller and superior online service mean the Xbox will be the console of choice for our household (at least until Emma lets me get a PS4 as well lol)

Xbox one for me as well! Used to love ps, then turned to xbox as its far superior online, also wtf is going on with the new ps controller? Lol.

It's £80 more WITHOUT a game though...that's a fairly substantial amount to cough up on first purchase.

Much been said about live subscription and how much it'll cost?

A difficult choice, although the Xbox is £80 more the Kinect camera comes with it whereas with the PS you have to buy the PS Eye camera. I am undecided yet as to which one to buy.

It's £80 more WITHOUT a game though...that's a fairly substantial amount to cough up on first purchase.

Much been said about live subscription and how much it'll cost?

£80 more but as said already, with the Xbox you get connect bundled with the console. Current gen Kinect is over £100, the PS-Eye is an extra if you want it. New PS4 controller is also £54.

Xbox also has the much better launch line up for games. Most of PS4s games will be cross platform games or delayed until 2014 whereas Xbox will have its exclusives and cross platformers.

I've had 2 xBox 360s and an xBox, but I have to say I'm leaning towards the PS4. Last Playstation I had was a PS2. I assume they're sticking with Blue Ray playing ability too?

I've had 2 xBox 360s and an xBox, but I have to say I'm leaning towards the PS4. Last Playstation I had was a PS2. I assume they're sticking with Blue Ray playing ability too?

Both new consoles have Blu Ray drives yes.

£80 more but as said already, with the Xbox you get connect bundled with the console. Current gen Kinect is over £100, the PS-Eye is an extra if you want it. New PS4 controller is also £54.

Oh yeah I could justify the extra dosh, but I thought they'd sling a game in with it. You're looking at probably £60 per game so that's up to almost 500 notes. Plus live subscription...

I'm also hoping you don't need the same scope for space for kinect because at the moment, I don't have the 6m of space (or whatever silly figure it is) needed for it to work properly.

Am also wondering if it'll allow Sky to run through it to use it properly as demo'd.

Also, with the check in thing....say your Internet went down for a week because of a fault, you're stuffed! You cannot offline game for longer than 24 hours which is complete insanity!

Also, with the check in thing....say your Internet went down for a week because of a fault, you're stuffed! You cannot offline game for longer than 24 hours which is complete insanity!

This is the only potential problem I can foresee tbh.

Games won't be £60. I can almost guarantee that.

And current LIVE subscriptions carry over to the Xbox One with no added charge.

I bet games will be. The last cod was what...£55?

Microsoft have already come out saying that games are more expensive to make with the new hardware...that cost will be directly levied to the consumer.

I would imagine the live cost will increase as well.

Dunno, I can live with all that. Just not the online check in thing.

RRP is one thing. How much one actually pays is another.

Cod could be bought from Supermarkets for £37.

I only just got a 360 and that was a present, can't see me being sucked into either tbh as they're just overall (not just the base console cost) far more expensive than they're worth in my opinion.

I also dislike the live subscription you have to pay on Xbox, there should be an option to play online without all the ****e they surround it with that creates the cost in the first place. Always preferred PC gaming anyway.

On the price front. The PS3 was only £4 cheaper at launch than the price of the new Xbox One.

Have you seen the new kinect? Well worth the £80 over the PS4....unreal!

I for one wont be bothering with either. Havent played the 360 for months. I buy live for a year and probs use it twice. The only thing ill play is gta5 when it finally comes out and i bet that will be short lived.

Dont see how people get the time to sit and play anymore i really dont.

Have you seen the new kinect? Well worth the £80 over the PS4....unreal!

I for one wont be bothering with either. Havent played the 360 for months. I buy live for a year and probs use it twice. The only thing ill play is gta5 when it finally comes out and i bet that will be short lived.

Dont see how people get the time to sit and play anymore i really dont.

I'm the same. Since the wee man came along I could probably count on one hand how many times I've played the 360 (And he's 2 at the end of the month).

Though with him getting older I might find some time to chillax on the Xbox.

Similar Thread Suggestions