What you had done by your dealer under warranty?

just had 4 wheels approved for replacement because they are 'pitted' so i imagine yours will be covered.

Mine are 'pitted' too, but they told me they wouldn't replace them as it looked like they'd had a bad refurb :S

I have a bit of a list to get sorted this week:

Knocking/popping noise when changing gear or depressing the clutch (Any ideas)
Wonky glove box lid
Rattles from rear seat bench
Knocks from front suspension

Already had the steering rack changed a month ago...

Doesn't make me went to sell up though :smiley:

Steering column intermediate Shaft
The ECU patch that doesn't work

Yet to go in for:

Door seals
Rusty subframe
Clicky clutch pedal
Clunking belt buckle
Shagged fastest speed intermediate wipe
Slightly dicky HU
Clonking from front left on take up with increasingly vague steering

And what I've never had done:

Recaros seat wear - 18k and no sign of wear

Door seals done - The side windows SHOULD NOT be removed to do this, just for everyone's info.

Recaro Subframes - Going back next week to be resprayed

Clutch pedal - Apparently it's a position switch and there's no fix

Belt buckle and wipers not playing up at the mo.

HU is actually the Tunepoint.

Clonking/Play - they couldn't find anything wrong.

Oh and they kerbed an alloy so it has to have that refurbed now when it goes in for the subframes.

Just cleaning of the old glue properly then??

Don't know about that matey. But the back of the seal sits under the back edge of the side glass. They basically position it, pull off the tape that covers the adhesive and then they slide a special tool along the back edge to stick it.

The head tech looked both puzzled and horrified when I mentioned about people having their side windows removed.

An update from me. I went to Renault yesterday and my flaking alloy is being sprayed by Renault under warranty 8)

finally got a call from RUK and the dealer today! my seat bases are in after 2months of waiting.. now they're telling me they might be a different texture than whats in my car!

:worried: means i have to go find out and may not get them on the day

:smile: does this mean Ren have improved the crap quality of the original recaros?!

anyone else had similar??

Don't know about that matey. But the back of the seal sits under the back edge of the side glass. They basically position it, pull off the tape that covers the adhesive and then they slide a special tool along the back edge to stick it.

The head tech looked both puzzled and horrified when I mentioned about people having their side windows removed.

I'll see what they say about mine at weekend. The head tech is very knowledgeable.

finally got a call from RUK and the dealer today! my seat bases are in after 2months of waiting.. now they're telling me they might be a different texture than whats in my car!

:worried: means i have to go find out and may not get them on the day

:smile: does this mean Ren have improved the crap quality of the original recaros?!

anyone else had similar??

Do you have any photos of the wear and are these done now?
I'm trying to gather info on other peoples claims for this wear

Do you have any photos of the wear and are these done now?
I'm trying to gather info on other peoples claims for this wear

I've not got any pics but its the same as all the others i've seen posted fabric clearly wearing on the plastic underneath plus the covers had become detached from the actual seat.

Its still ongoing because the new ones are a different trim, and they're in the process of working out how to fix it... I declined to having the new ones fitted until it is sorted..

I've got a call back from RUK later hopefully!

Just had my starter motor replaced for the 2nd time - this time around the new starter also came with a heat-shield - maybe suggests that this is a re-occuring problem or design fault with some of them. I did note a strange smell when on track last time and thought it was the car in front...

Recaros sorted now. Base was replaced, it's slightly different material, but only noticeable if you know about it.

Stronza, starter motor? How olds you car? Mileage?

Just had my starter motor replaced for the 2nd time - this time around the new starter also came with a heat-shield - maybe suggests that this is a re-occuring problem or design fault with some of them. I did note a strange smell when on track last time and thought it was the car in front...

they have a heat shield as standard

My steering wheel is going to need looking at. The right hand side has started melting

I have just got my early 2007 RS197...how can I find out what (if anything...lol) has been done to my car under warranty? Can my local dealer tell me?

All seems fine at the moment but I do have flaking lacquer on my silver alloys and wonder whether I could them sorted...? Previous car was a Merc and a flaking AMG alloy was NOT covered and I got stuffed for £75 to spray it!! Not impressed....

Can anyone describe the 'kangaroo effect'?

Wow, can't believe so many things have gone wrong with your cars guys.
Not sure how old your cars are or mileage, but I've had a few things too.
2008/58 with 10,000 miles now
1) Oil sitting on the engine cover by a plug so the seal was replaced, but as it was a difficult job, the cambelt had to be removed so had a new one of those too!
2) Noisy front suspension = new springs both sides
3) Rear brakes stick when driving off from a cold start
4) 'Kangaroo' effect from cold - very annoying
5) Rusty screws in the fuel filler compartment!
6) Recaro drivers seat wearing away!

I bought this car as it was only 10months old 2 months ago so I had a warranty to rely on but I didn't expect to have to use it so much. I sold the last car as the warranty was up in August and that was a 2006 VW Golf GT TDI140 that had new front shocks, cambelt, ECU, Flop motor, Coolant Tank, Coolant hoses and a Turbo (car only had 48k!!)

WHat do you mean by this!? When im starting (usually backwards) and had the Handbrake applied it always makes this "clonk" sound from the Brakes, but i thought it would be normal!? Known problem which should not be so!? How do they fix it!?