What modifications have you made to your 197/200? What do you really think of them?

Discussion in 'Clio General Chat' started by N0ddie, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Marsch

Marsch

Car:
    Stealth Grey RS 200
    I'm not sure if this has to do with the mentioned mounts as mine is doing this as well and I'm still running the stock ones. I actually suspect it's the combination of Cup dampers with H&R springs that are responsible for it in my case.

2. sevenfourate

sevenfourate Devotee of OCD Paid Member

Car:
    Racing Blue RS-200 / Citroen C2 GT
    I do mock. Perhaps :smile:

But I wonder if you’ll still say it ‘Looks’ (sic) better when you’ve driving down some wet, muddy B-road for miles; and all that spray that inevitably covers the rear window on these cars has dried up giving you really no vision out of your centre mirror.

***And on that note: Don’t these cars love collecting ‘crud’ at the rear end ! Some cars seem worse than others for this. And the aerodynamics of the MK3 seems to suck the shit off the road and positively plaster it all over the ass end :-(

3. Johnny 99

Johnny 99 Platinum Member

Car:
    Clio Renaultsport 200
    Not a fan of rear wiper delete myself! I'm of the generation that so appreciated rear wipers when they became a feature on cars!

Best mod I've done? Without a doubt my Quaife torque biasing lsd. Love it! Can really feel it pulling the car into corners. Plant your right foot & enjoy the ride with no drifting out of the corner. Just fit & forget. No maintenance. Brilliant.

4. sevenfourate

Car:
    Visually no rear wiper is awesome. In a car driven on the road; seeing where i've been / who's behind me and what's going on around me wins for me though !

LSD sounds awesome Jon. I don't know anyone who's fitted one and regretted it to be fair.......

Johnny 99 likes this.
  5. Marsch

Marsch

Car:
    Stealth Grey RS 200
    It indeed does. I'm basically shocked everytime I close the garage door and take a last look at the back. I blame the diffusor.

What's the approximate price for such an upgrade (parts and work)?

sevenfourate likes this.
  6. sevenfourate

Car:
    Is that a likely truthful reason in all seriousness ?

I know what you mean. Last time I cleaned mine: it was damp on the road next morning as I left for work.

Got out as I arrived and the front and sides looked ok. ‘That’s survived’ ok I thought.

Then saw the rear as I went to get my bag out of the boot.....

It was like like I’d cut-n-shut two different cars together !

Marsch likes this.
  7. Marsch

Marsch

Car:
    Stealth Grey RS 200
    I'm not sure and I've no proof but that's my assumption, yes.

I was driving on a country road with some constructions going on at a property next to it not long ago. Lorries were leaving the area spreading sand all across the road which was kicked up everytime a vehicle passed resulting in a dust cloud in the air. I actually passed this area twice and since I had just washed the car the same day I thought this means it'll be totally messed up again. On the way home I drove a short distance on the Autobahn and to my surprise it looked quite clean when I stopped and opened the gate of the parking lot my garage is located at but I obviously just saw it from the front and side at that moment. After I had parked it in the garage and was going to close the door I saw that quite some sand had collected especially on the ledge below the back window.

I actually assume it's a combination of how the downforce is created by the diffusor by forcing air upwards and the underpressure (area) at the back of the car in general. A good part of what gets into this area seems to stay in that area.

P5w3FR7.jpg

phZ9j8h.jpg

8. Johnny 99

Car:
    Clio Renaultsport 200
    Around £1700-£1800 fitted.

9. Marsch

Marsch

Car:
    Stealth Grey RS 200
    :shocked:

10. peter

peter POTM Winner - February 2017 Gold Member

Car:
    RB7 #166
    really? that is :shocked:.

11. Marsch

Marsch

Car:
    Stealth Grey RS 200
  12. Doogle

Doogle Winner - POTM March 2018 Paid Member

Car:
    BMW e46 330cd
    To be honest, I can see what you are saying. Ive had a few cars that didnt have a rear wiper factory fitted (Beemer 3 series Coupes, VW Bora and even my old facelift Megane) and I guess from that its never bothered me. Despite living near countryside and moorland if we are going somewhere muddy we take the missus' Micra as she literally doesnt care about it :grinning:

In all seriousness, I havent missed it yet. Between washes I clean all my windows if grubby as I prefer to see where I am going. I have thought about using Rain X on the rear if it gets bad this winter and I find it annoying.

sevenfourate likes this.
  13. sevenfourate

Car:
    It was kinda tongue in cheek......... :smile:

THIS is what you need (Not just on the rear glass). I don't even use my wipers the rain runs off that easily once you're moving: [And many here love the stuff :smile: ]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Angelwax-...958157&hash=item2113af6e68:g:X3IAAOSwtnpXlNXi

Doogle likes this.
  14. Doogle

Doogle Winner - POTM March 2018 Paid Member

Car:
    BMW e46 330cd
    No offence taken! I had to explain it to the missus as well :grinning: Ill have a look at that stuff, my cupboard of cleaning and car care stuff is forever full as I dont get time to use it! :cry:

15. Johnny 99

Car:
    Clio Renaultsport 200
    Marsch likes this.
  16. Chris

Chris Bad cop Administrator

Car:
    LY 200t
    I can vouch its awesome stuff too! Just needs re applying semi frequently.

sevenfourate likes this.
  17. Lewis13

Lewis13 Paid Member

Car:
    Clio
    Always enjoy coming back to this thread, great read! Anybody added a few more modifications since the thread was last updated?

18. Big Ben

Big Ben Winner - POTM February 2018 Paid Member

Car:
    I’ve had a Megane R26 conversion:
    Forge Intercooler and Hardpipe kit
    Ramair induction
    Forge recirc valve
    630cc injectors
    R26 clutch kit
    Scorpion 3” turbo back exhaust
    Engine Dynamics remap
    275bhp & 288lbft
    Anyone in any doubt about converting... just do it!!

C77847A9-DB9C-4A46-91BE-DBABF6EE8F30.jpeg

Pav and ///M like this.
  19. Pav

Pav Moderator

Car:
    albi blue 197 with boost
    as above really..best of them :thumb:

20. youngarthur

youngarthur Paid Member

I run Clio 197,Megane 250 engine 320/340, many many mods,BUT, I kept the rear wiper!.

Pav likes this.