What modifications have you made to your 197/200? What do you really think of them?

Discussion in 'Clio General Chat' started by N0ddie, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Rishi

Rishi Platinum Member

Car:
    197 Cup Albi Blue
    After changing to a powerflex upper mount the amount of vibration I had through the steering column on idle was unbearable. If I only drove on track I may have kept it but to live with in London traffic was a form of torture.

I think the best mod I've had is switching from a factory Renault seat to a Recaro with Rentune lowered seat base. The Renault seat is more comfy but the feedback with the Recaro (when lowered) makes the car.

Apart from that, changing the audio unit and speakers is a must if you love music.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018

2. tombate911

tombate911 Paid Member

Car:
    2010 Clio RS200
    For most of the people that know me on here I've done a lot with my Clio. If not check out the build thread in my signature. Hands down fitting a gripper LSD is the best thing I've done with the car. Even better than coilovers!
    Totally transforms how the car handles, gets through corners and also out of them on track. Being able to really use the throttle and get on the power without understeering and spinning a wheel.

Sean197 likes this.
  3. petercronin

petercronin Paid Member

Car:
    LY FF Clio 200 with Cup Pack
    Superpro Adjustable Droplinks
    Some of you thought I was mental (and still might) when I asked a while ago if anyone had used these over much cheaper pattern parts. Well I took a chance and they've been fitted for almost three weeks now. I've tried to remain and objective as I could when trying to feel for any difference and was sort of hoping they would be worse or no different, but my god what a difference these have made!

The car is on cup dampers and H&R springs and the ride as some of you will agree isn't that great (very springy and harsh) but now with these fitted it's transformed, don't get me wrong it hasn't magically turned into a Rolls Royce but it's much much better. The springy sensation and harsh ride have gone and I can now feel the suspension doing it's job rather than the anti-roll bar getting involved too. I can't say what it's done to outright cornering grip as I haven't been able to try oem vs this back to back (I haven't noticed myself going any slower though) but what I can say for sure is that the initial turn in has sharpened up A LOT. To the point where for a few days I was having to steer out of corners again as the car turned more than I was expecting.

Now how much if any of this can be attributed to the fact that I've replaced old droplinks with new I don't know, It would be nice to try these against new drop links to see for sure if they make a difference so with that uncertainty in mind I cant give them the full score that I want to so maybe "8/10".

Link here for them but they are available other places.

Sean197, Ruben203 and sevenfourate like this.