V6 airbox fitted....

Fitted today, already used a quarter of a tank, driving around just to hear the induction noise. Its not too loud until you open it up...then sounds like a proper racer....Its a lot of work and still need to get battery box. Getting ported n' polished inlets of Woody next week and then save for remap. Again another favour from a friend sorting out battery in boot and I bought the proper tray from Renaultsport for airbox.

Will post pics tmw after tidyin' engine bay up...

Sounds really good Litchy! As long as you are impressed with it that is the main thing!

Yeah didnt realise the size of the job until i started stripping the engine down today. The top inlet comes off easy but the ****ing bottom..... What a nightmare the fuel rail, injectors and all the bolts are so hard to get at. It took me an hour to figure out there was a bolt in the middle of the top plenum lol.

So basically sorry about that today mate will see you on the 7th though. :smile:

Yeah didnt realise the size of the job until i started stripping the engine down today. The top inlet comes off easy but the ****ing bottom..... What a nightmare the fuel rail, injectors and all the bolts are so hard to get at. It took me an hour to figure out there was a bolt in the middle of the top plenum lol.

So basically sorry about that today mate will see you on the 7th though. :smile:

Not a problem, from the pics, they will be worth the wait.....

This is one of the few engine mods I'd like to do to the Clio. Really wish I'd snapped it up off Mark when he suggested a straight swap.

This is one of the few engine mods I'd like to do to the Clio. Really wish I'd snapped it up off Mark when he suggested a straight swap.

Yeh, got it from Mark. Did feel like hard work for the gains but what so great about the clio is the small stuff can make a big difference when done collectively with other mods. People chase bhp when the clio's all about driveability and how the car feels. RR can't measure that. I took the car out on the tops, turned the radio off and drove it.
No doubt was quicker before V6 induction but I expected that. I'm sure wont see any immediate gains with inlets either but after proper 'live' map, should bring it all together....It will be more than quick enough.....

Sounds awesome doesn't it :wink:

I sadly never had a re-map when I had it on but going from raptor and simo's threads you should see some good gains.

Heres a pic....I need peoples views please as I don't understand the science of how to make the best off this conversion. The airbox end has no cold air feed, therefore surely this is going to restrict the performance of the airbox? There is no obvious way because of the limited space to get cold air into the box so I was thinking about using the existing CAF from grill, and then fabricating a pipe straight into the side of the airbox? ( would need to lower fuse box a little). Would then block the existing hole so air would only come via pipe to side of airbox.

Hope this makes sense(?) and god I feel a bit out my depth with this one....

Any views please

Last edited:
im probably gonna look stupid for askin, but how does the air get into the box, its looks sealed? or is there a hole im not seeing?

im probably gonna look stupid for askin, but how does the air get into the box, its looks sealed? or is there a hole im not seeing?

The inlet is behind the headlight.

Could you not turn the front half of the box 180* so that the inlet is closer to the cold air feed.?

Did Kevo not do a air intake for the V6 box or was that another induction system? Can't remember as it was so long ago..

He used a feed from the arch then the bonnet.

The inlet is behind the headlight.

Could you not turn the front half of the box 180* so that the inlet is closer to the cold air feed.?

No movement really cause of TB pipe. This pipe is difficult to replace as its a different size at each end. Gonna blank off end at headlamp and replace it on side of airbox (see pic)

Did Kevo not do a air intake for the V6 box or was that another induction system? Can't remember as it was so long ago..

He used a feed from the arch then the bonnet.

Think he also removed it soon after.

Was reading last night on Cliosport that the V6 box was used as a air restictor? I'm guessing to limit the tune-ability so they were all running the same power?

Last edited:
box looks good , seems a strange angle on the TB silicon hose .

shame as other than that it looks good .

When i tacked mine i noticed the front intake pipe gets very hot (heat soak) would like to have tried some thermal wrap or a different route.

box looks good , seems a strange angle on the TB silicon hose .

shame as other than that it looks good .

When i tacked mine i noticed the front intake pipe gets very hot (heat soak) would like to have tried some thermal wrap or a different route.

TB pipe not that bad to be honest, still needs turning a little but always knew it was coming off so didn't bother messing with it to be honest. Having a proper go with it tmw with new pipe work and fitting custom battery box for racing battery in boot. Heres another pic (sorry for poor quality). Oh, you'll see used a bmw battery terminal point....

Last edited:
TB pipe not that bad to be honest, still needs turning a little but always knew it was coming off so didn't bother messing with it to be honest. Having a proper go with it tmw with new pipe work and fitting custom battery box for racing battery in boot. Heres another pic (sorry for poor quality). Oh, you'll see used a bmw battery terminal point....

be good if you could feed air in the top of the v6 box from a naca duct in the bonnet