type r vs clio 200

Ta!!

I have got to admit I do really like the CTR!

I would never even think of buying one though! Too addicted to RenaultSport!

5 and counting!!!

I really do love the CTRs also. However I reckon I'd spend even more on that than I do the 200. Would wanna Mugen-ise it so wouldnt be cheap.

I havent read the whole thread but i guarantee you if you go for the special edition (not mugen) in white then it will be all over a Clio in the twisties.

I test drove one a while ago and got my mate to sneakily follow in my Clio and I was ragging the living life out of the Civic and my mate said he was struggling - All to do with a nice LSD they put on it.

Certainly not sure of the shape but I know it will be a better car than a Clio, as said certainly more refined.

I havent read the whole thread but i guarantee you if you go for the special edition (not mugen) in white then it will be all over a Clio in the twisties.

I test drove one a while ago and got my mate to sneakily follow in my Clio and I was ragging the living life out of the Civic and my mate said he was struggling - All to do with a nice LSD they put on it.

Certainly not sure of the shape but I know it will be a better car than a Clio, as said certainly more refined.

how much extra is the LSD version then mate? i would imagine the JDM version would also be a better proposition than euro ctr.

also, THAT clio ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ a few posts up is exactly the same as what i've ordered, colour and wheels, and cup :smile:

cannot wait!!!

the jdm one is incredible. night and day difference between the two but its not a hatchback its a full blown saloon car. there about the same price but insurance would be more as its an import only
civic_fd2_type_r_100.jpg

Thing is though a CTR is priced more like a megane and at that level there is no contest!! The 250 would have it all day long in any situation and by a big margin.

Thing is though a CTR is priced more like a megane and at that level there is no contest!! The 250 would have it all day long in any situation and by a big margin.

Only the import version or mugen version not the british one. LSD and supercharger would shame a few big cars on track!!

The meg 250 has proved to be quicker round Bedford than a Focus RS500!

I doubt any Civic costing £20k(or remotely close) could get anywhere near it!

Last edited:
I have driven the newer one and really liked it, the engine is awsome better by some margin than the 200s.

Also forget "lack of torque" comments as torque is realitive to the gear ratio. The Civic revs longer and has shorter ratios so it puts about the same if not a bit more torque on the road.

But over all I prefer the 200 (I bought one).

As for speed well Id say about the same in a straight line and corners is purely how big your balls are.

true but its "where" that torque starts or peaks thats the difference - the 197 has more over a larger part of the rev range iirc - so in effect drives that bit better - but for "reviness" dont think the ctr engine is beaten apart form its brother the s2000 :cloud9:

Here is my 2 cents.

When I was looking for my new ride I was comparing FD2 and 200. If you put them on B-road my bet is FD2 is only slightly quicker as its inheriting the good old Honda problem, namely Understeering with bloody long wheelbase plus the way they tune it.

To me FD2 is more practical, bottom line it has 4 doors. Yet I get put off by its price. There're a lot of alternatives at that price range, with 250 being one that can go a lot faster.

Although FN2 has the same K20A, its only half-assed tuned with 201 vs 225 PS, 1267kg vs 1260kg and softer suspensions. Result - a sec slower in Castle Combe.

So its easy decision for me - RS all the way...!! :blowup: and FN2 isn't even on my shopping list.

Nevertheless, shame Honda stopped making FD2.