Clio 200 VS Honda Civic FD2 Type R

Hello all!

as many of you know, i drive a toro red Clio 200 and i absolutely love it.
the Honda Civic FD2 Type R has always been a dream for me, but as of late, one has caught my eye.

straight to the point, would u guys let your Clio 200s go for the Honda Civic FD2 Type R?
pros and cons?

looking forward to some feedback.

Nur

Fat and lardy, as a drivers car you'd be better with an EP3.

It'll be slower than the Clio and the whole fun of Hondas was smoothed out so there's no brrrrrrrrRRAAAHHHHHHH! with the vtec like the older cars.

The FD2 to me is known as the JDM civic ( boot back ). Very rare and very quick. I would have one over a 250 let alone a 200.

Why don't u just drive it and see if you like it?

yes here in South Africa we also do not get the JDM spec FD2 type R, we also only received the EURO FN2,

but with a few contacts i have i am able to get the JDM spec FD2 type R

so what do you guys reckon?

pros and cons?

so my purchase will only be judged on internet reviews

Your buying a car based on what we say and the Internet lol?!? Mental lol!

If you can get one, do it. They're a collectors car, will barely depreciate and are worth a lot in petrol head points :smile:

Very good cars. Raved about by much of the motoring press.

About the only car i would consider getting in the current market.

My only downfall with JDM is the insane amount of money i seem to spend on JDM parts and bling!! :smile:

apparently they have 222hp and red-line at 8400rpm, should be a riot, pretty rare too and looks great, don't know if I'd swap a 200 for one though

Get a FN2 Mugan *drool* If you can find/afford one lol

I almost bought one before I got the 197. Slightly out of my budget and the Mrs weren't overally keen on the interior. More expensive to insure as well.