type r vs clio 200

those best motoring vids they dont hang about ive got a few of there dvds

did you see the clio driver using the handbrake to get the turn in, think the cup chassis would have left them for dust

those best motoring vids they dont hang about ive got a few of there dvds

did you see the clio driver using the handbrake to get the turn in, think the cup chassis would have left them for dust

You could say though that they stuck the best driver in the 200?:001_rolleyes:

When you look at the lead that the Civic had over the 200 and the 200 winning does go to show how great a track car it can be.

Guys, you should check out BM in the era of NSX vs RX7 vs GTR vs Evo vs Sti. Whichever car they want to promote in that particular episode will win. :thumbdown:

CTR's are quick, but don't be sucked in by the VTEC YO! ********. They're not quick quick. Certainly no faster than a 197/200 and in fact my mates EP3 (faster than an FN2 and more accomplished in the corners) was barely faster than my '95 106 Rallye 16V (which is a fair chunk slower than my 197). And by barely, I mean about a blink faster to 60 and about half a blink faster to 100... Not that we tested this on any public roads. Oh, and they DO breakdown and they are EXPENSIVE to fix. On the EP3 a dead CAT lead to some ECU problems which led to severe underfuelling and parts of the engine being cooked. £2250 to fix what started as a dead CAT. No thanks.

Either 197/200, FF or Cup will shake one off on a twisty road with no trouble at all.

I can say not one civic has given me any bother. If you are a committed driver the 200 will see you beat most supposedly fast cars. You can push it more than practically any car out there ! And I've pushed hard :smile:

I have driven the newer one and really liked it, the engine is awsome better by some margin than the 200s.

Also forget "lack of torque" comments as torque is realitive to the gear ratio. The Civic revs longer and has shorter ratios so it puts about the same if not a bit more torque on the road.

But over all I prefer the 200 (I bought one).

As for speed well Id say about the same in a straight line and corners is purely how big your balls are.

Also another point to consider if it bothers you, the 197/200 is alot more exclusive. You will see far more Type Rs that 197/200 on the road! :wink:

I would like to disagree i have a ep3 and having owned x2 182's and a R27 i think that 197/200 would not eat one alive at all it would be close but would be the driver being the main factor. Also the 197/200 will not have a that many horses standard will always well most cases be down on power stated where as the honda type r will normally be up on power.

197/200 = 180's
type r = 197 +

I would like to disagree i have a ep3 and having owned x2 182's and a R27 i think that 197/200 would not eat one alive at all it would be close but would be the driver being the main factor. Also the 197/200 will not have a that many horses standard will always well most cases be down on power stated where as the honda type r will normally be up on power.

197/200 = 180's
type r = 197 +

Yeah but the Ep3 isnt mentioned here, comparing new cars. Its the new Type-R in that vid which is generally agreed upon to be a backward step in terms on outright performance over the ep3.

There is a reason why 200s are more "exclusive"

Generally people prefer the Civic!

Renault can't give 200s away. I got 20% discount and residuals are shocking. After 4 months and 3000 miles mine is probably worth 11k trade that's 41% off mrrp.

There is a reason why 200s are more "exclusive"

Generally people prefer the Civic!

Renault can't give 200s away. I got 20% discount and residuals are shocking. After 4 months and 3000 miles mine is probably worth 11k trade that's 41% off mrrp.

Eh? They couldnt make them quick enough at the end of last year? :huh:

Very little to do with demand.

There was a period where they stopped making them due to the Euro V coming in.

Last edited:
But surely you have the same balls in both cars :wink:

Which one corners better the 200 or the Civic ?

Neither on the road as both cars limits are beyond road use. You will only find which is best if you are a talented driver on track!

Had the chance to get either a civic or a 197 and I thought the 197 was the better car, plus insurance was way to expensive on the type r!!