The SS exhaust has arrived!!!!! UPDATE

the flat sport will be due to the decat, anyone who has got a decat it happens to, tho i warm u, its very hard to map out that flat spot

I'd try the Cat first mate, might just slow things down that little bit to help the pressure and maybe take a bit of the edge off the rasp. The centre box will take a good chunk of volume out, like you saw on mine today it's quite substantial but it's virtually straight-through, it just takes the volume down a notch without really effecting the gasflow. For the record, mine read 84DB at 5,500RPM from 1M at Oulton Park.

I have to say though, that system sounded f?cking EPIC. Especially going through those tunnels. :smiley:

It's the pre cat you need. My akra is decated and I had no flat spot at all, was improved everywhere.

Litchy, can't u just get the car mapped again? The cans give the flat spot anyway, the exhaust has enhanced it. Not sure the centre silencer change will resolve it?!

Litchy still has the PreCat (Manifold) in place Mike, it's the secondary Cat that he's got rid of. When I chopped the centre silencer out of the OEM system it definately made the flatspot worse. I don't have one now, or at least, it's barely noticeable and I mean BARELY. The first 5-10 minutes of driving but then nothing after that.

Anyone actually know the gains from decatting on the clio. Not convinced its worth it and now with other mods, doesn't feel right. I get the feeling that its one of those things that people just do...The car was unbareable below 3k. The car literally felt like an aggressive misfire between 2500 and 3000RPM and on flooring it, I'm getting hesitation the car pops and generally struggles to pick up smoothly.

Like been said before, its the sum of all the parts and getting the right balance with the clio. Straight through exhaust feels a step too far for road use. Think your right Will, refit standard cat first and take it from there.

Last edited:
You need that back pressure there bud I think removing the pre cat will be more benificial than main cat

Ive got zero issues with flatspots and running a decat and cams all be it cat cams. Try the centre silencer.

Very strange id see about having it mapped again as it shouldnt be almost misfiring.. When mine done that it was an issue with the map.

Ive got zero issues with flatspots and running a decat and cams all be it cat cams. Try the centre silencer.

Very strange id see about having it mapped again as it shouldnt be almost misfiring.. When mine done that it was an issue with the map.

Fitted centre pipe with centre box and it sounds perfect. Aside from anything else, it was far too loud. I also should have fitted the exhaust before mapping if I wanted to continue with straight through centre pipe. Now it's def an improvemnt and also the exhaust sits better as its for a 200 diffuser.

Last edited: