The SS exhaust has arrived!!!!! UPDATE

Supersprints finally arrived!!!!!! Its the race system so no centre box and might be a little loud.....Cup Airbox, Enlarged TB and now this!!!! :scared: What a mission. Bought off forum member who was brill and dropped it off at mates dad in Amsterdam. Very long story BUT it arrived last night so of course just a matter of arranging fitting.
Sold Miltek to munchi30 who's been patient as a saint till SS arrived. Good lad.

Last edited:
excellent mate,you'll have to get a video posted so we can all have a listen,you thought about getting a Y pipe as well? glad i'm not yr neighbour! ha

Glad you've sorted it, how did you get it in the end?

Long bloody story tbh.

Changing cause milteks perfect if you want something that's not too intrusive. Suited my situation but since decided to go down cams route thought might as well go all the way. Think this is the last summer with Clio so gonna enjoy it. Golf ed 30 next. Will look completely standard but have 350bhp with very little work!!!

Long bloody story tbh.

Changing cause milteks perfect if you want something that's not too intrusive. Suited my situation but since decided to go down cams route thought might as well go all the way. Think this is the last summer with Clio so gonna enjoy it. Golf ed 30 next. Will look completely standard but have 350bhp with very little work!!!

And then the rest of the modding starts! 8)

Ed30 + air filter, turbo back exhaust, and high pressure fuel pump is all you need for 360 bhp, well it was with the Leon cupra! There animals!

Ed30 + air filter, turbo back exhaust, and high pressure fuel pump is all you need for 360 bhp, well it was with the Leon cupra! There animals!

Correct.....crazy!!!!! Leon or Ed30?

looking forward to your feedback and a video :smile:

ITS TOOOOOOO LOUD!!!!!:nope:

Sounds bloody angry but really dont know if I can live with it daily. Might have to buy the SS centre pipe with box....

I had the leon, I think you saw it when you bought the 200 diffuser? I personally prefer the Leon but the dash let it down slightly. My mate had a mk5 GTI (Leon fr equivalent) he had that running stage 2+, 290bhp I think? That was quick like!

I liked the look of the Cupra K1 but the budget wouldn't stretch that far! It's only a body kit anyway!

Update

Went for a superb 'sprited' drive with Will's Nicole today. First time since fitting the SS to clio I've really gone for it. The SS was fitted Friday night and I've noticed the flatspot literally feels like an aggressive misfire between 2500 and 3000RPM. When driving normally doesn't affect the drive, but when loading the engine it was shocking. Imagine flooring it and getting a couple seconds hesitation where the car shakes, pops and generally struggles to run. And then it's gone. Also given its the race system its soooo loud and bloody raspy.

The system is a cat back with no centre but I've also fitted it with a decat and there the problem I think. Just made flat spot 10x worse.

Tmw either going to fit the original centre section with middle box and cat to the exhaust or just refit cat and leave SS middle section.

What do you think?

I think the flat spot is the cams, and now youve added an exhaust it will mappin again.

I think the flat spot is the cams, and now youve added an exhaust it will mappin again.

Nope car was mapped with cams and was fine although still had a little flatspot. Def exhaust and the issue that its no centre box. Its called a race system and spec'd too extreme by previous owner with full race system and straight through pipe. Far too Loud also!!!!

I think it will be resolved by either fitting a centre pipe with box or fitting the original centre pipe with cat and box. I think it will also be the right balance of sound and preformance. Was never really convinced that the clio's responded well to be decatted anyway!!!

Last edited:
I'd try the Cat first mate, might just slow things down that little bit to help the pressure and maybe take a bit of the edge off the rasp. The centre box will take a good chunk of volume out, like you saw on mine today it's quite substantial but it's virtually straight-through, it just takes the volume down a notch without really effecting the gasflow. For the record, mine read 84DB at 5,500RPM from 1M at Oulton Park.

I have to say though, that system sounded f?cking EPIC. Especially going through those tunnels. :smiley: