The most collectable Clio...

Most collectable has to be the best looking.. So the 197 Cup in white with no spoilers and no speedlines! (just like mine infact!)

Being more serious, there's a few contenders.

197 Cup
172 Cup
Valver (not a williams fan)
Trophy

in that order, don't like the V6

I'd say the Williams, Trophy and PH2 V6

Hopefully Renault see the pattern and give the NA Clio and us one amazing special edition to remember it by.

tbh none of them except the V6 are ever going to be proper 'collectable' and/or worth a huge amount in the future. Lets be honest, 205 T16's, Renault 5 Gordini etc are proper collectable hatches - they differ greatly from the standard Renault 5/Pug 205 and were build for homologation purposes...

So I would say the only one worth a shout is the V6 purely because it is different hugely to the other models - RWD, V6 etc etc.. the others are just suspension tweaks and a bit of lightening etc etc. The williams maybe, only because they are from a generation of hot hatches proper and I feel have a sentimental edge..

I'd like to think the cup, trophy etc may have some collectability but I just can't see it.

I love both and would love to have both in my garage to keep- but I think it would be more for sentiment than value in the future..

my two pennies worth anyway

Last edited:
Tbh, the only collectable Clios will be the V6s and Trophies.

agreed, the normal 172/182/197/200 were all mass produced. They hold no value.

Even one thats been hidden in a garage with 500 miles on it (which is unlikely) wont be worth much.

If they did a late limited R model, then possibly that if it were like the Megane.

He's on here i'm sure!!

He got it in memory of his brother or something if I remember correctly?!

It is nice im no expert on renaultsports and i know its the only white one but don't you think it's a little overpriced ( puts on flamesuit ) :bye2:

He's on here i'm sure!!

He got it in memory of his brother or something if I remember correctly?!

I think you're right Mike, can't remember his username though.. Yeah the listing says thats who it was made in memory of.

It is nice im no expert on renaultsports and i know its the only white one but don't you think it's a little overpriced ( puts on flamesuit ) :bye2:

I think it's fairly enough priced - low mileage, only one in white in the country, last one of the production line, great spec. I suppose the price reflects the sentimental value too.

I think its an OK price considering.
I'm sure it will sell at that with how rare it is, low miles, one owner and just look at it :drool:
I would loose the ****ty number plate though.
J

I think the price is right and a bit of an investment, the last UK car, only white one etc

The F1's seem to hold their price well and this one should do just that.

Hi all, yes it's for sale. I'm bloody crazy but needs must!

The plate is on retention now.

Had new brake pads on the front yesterday.

I'm in serious consideration of calling you Jimbo... I don't need it as i already have a mint black R27 but it looks amazing!

I'm in serious consideration of calling you Jimbo... I don't need it as i already have a mint black R27 but it looks amazing!

Liam, If I get up there in February and you haven't bought it, you know what I will do...

:ban: :woody: :f1team07: