The most collectable Clio...

I think the new Mk4 Clio, kind of signals the end of the purist RS Clio. Although other hatches have a long history of bolting on turbo's, the Clio hasn't. This makes it very distinct and in 10 years or so when everything has a turbo because of global warming, the NA little hatch will be quite collectable as the drivers choice. The simplicity of the design gives it longevity in a way the fussy VXR wouldn't. The RS still has a pedigree that all drivers respect. IMO, its the ultimate small hatch 'boys toy'. Thats why I feel if mines a keeper, it would have to remain NA, cause thats what will make it more sort after in the future.

So which Clio will be the most collectable? First 172's, the trophy, R27's, ID 200's (storm grey or AG) or any of the themed 200's?

Last edited:
Glacier White Full Fats with Cup chassis, cup spoilers, Recaro yellow pack and carbon bonnet....

Oooh I have one like that.... :rofl:

172 Cup
182 Trophy
Late non-limited 200s

Obviously the 172 Cup was the original bad boy. The 182 Trophy needs no introduction or explanation, it's quite simply the most special Clio (baring the V6). I think a late all-original 200 may be well sort after in future years, but there will be no premium for "limited" editions because they're mechanically identical.

I think the 172s, 182s and 197s will fall into the "just an RS Clio" category with them being neither the first off the line or the last. But, saying that, the 197 is the first Mk3 RS so that may well be up there in later years.

After today, Nicole is definitely a keeper. :smile:

i would have thought the ones that were the less popular colours at point of sale. which kind of rules out the white ones.

being renaults signature racing colour i would guess the racing blues, and the alien greens as i dont thikn there are many of those around.

most collectable

Clio v6 ID colours
Williams 1 low miles
Trophy number 1 or 500
Clio R27 500/500 in White

no 200's will be collectable

Whatever the number it's relatively common, in fact there's currently a few white ones for sale.

Last edited:
I dont think it will be any different than it already is, ie Clio V6 demanding the premium price and will continue to do so.

normal clio - trophy 182

v6 will always be special

as for the 197 / 200 - low mileage pampered versions might be worth a little something to someone one day...

Didn't the owner of that buy it/take it to shows in memory of his brother? Seems strange that he'd sell it.

IIRC Renault gave them the car in memory of his brother or something. I suppose you can't keep hold of it forever though, I mean they aren't cheap to run, and if your not going to run it what's the point in sitting it in your garage.

TBH I think the only real collectables will be the ones that were mechanically "special" so Williams, Trophy, and V6. Unless Renault make a special edition 200 with LSD and some fancy suspension I doubt there'll be a proper collectable, like Si said just the pampered ones will fetch slightly more.