Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Enlightened, you mean :wink:

Buckets would be even more of a pain getting in and out of in the garage than recliners.

And the quality of the fabric (By design to save weight) on buckets is always low that i've seen.

Find me some with a hard-wearing fabric / covering and i'm more than willing to be 'enlightened' :smile:

Buckets would be even more of a pain getting in and out of in the garage than recliners.

And the quality of the fabric (By design to save weight) on buckets is always low that i've seen.

Find me some with a hard-wearing fabric / covering and i'm more than willing to be 'enlightened' :smile:

SPG mate. Much more hard wearing than plenty of others.

But you're not a man of half measures. Go full retrim in alcantara and leather.

:smile:

So many plans and things to do. So little time right now.

But managed an hour and a bit after work to sort my "Tunes" a little bit...............

Bit of Dynamat behind the new speakers. Foamed and wrapped the connectors so they wont rub / chafe / knock against anything in there and renewed the screws to something i could crack up tight. Hopefully all that = no future rattles !

FRONTS:

IMG_6087_zps9kfvcnjv.jpg

REARS:

IMG_6084_zpslqsqjxir.jpg

Also went to fit my new leather gear gaiter (With Orange highlights for a change.....) and found two clips broken on the silver lower trim that connects it to the centre console. Again - didnt want to go through the hassle of fitting new gaiter to a clip that might rattle in future........

So ordered a new trim-piece to be here tomorrow - then off to the trimmers Saturday so he can craft the new leather onto the new trim piece and that will be another one off the list.

Weekend looming large. Few 'jobs' planned :smile:

Cheers for checking-in.

Speakers look a nice little upgrade mate.

Plug and play?

Any noticeable difference in sound?

Plug and play. Not quite !

2 of the 4 fitting lugs had to be cut of all speakers, and the remaining lugs needed shaping / trimming slightly to fit. Not too bad though.

And needed to buy a conversion lead to go from Renault wiring to standard speaker connections on each pair too....

Sound is much improved and very noticeable for a little over £65.

Plug and play. Not quite !

2 of the 4 fitting lugs had to be cut of all speakers, and the remaining lugs needed shaping / trimming slightly to fit. Not too bad though.

And needed to buy a conversion lead to go from Renault wiring to standard speaker connections on each pair too....

Sound is much improved and very noticeable for a little over £65.
Not quite indeed!

At least it sounds better:grinning:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Nice little touch there. Were they Renault specific speakers, like Jake on here was selling recently, or generic 'X'cm speakers?

Nice little touch there. Were they Renault specific speakers, like Jake on here was selling recently, or generic 'X'cm speakers?

Yea just 13cm / 5.25" speakers buddy.

As long as you get some that have slotted tabs that hold them on (Not one with just a single hole in)......its a really simple job shaping the tabs a bit if they don't quite fit and the screw will still line-up.

As far as the wiring goes - all Renaults have a weird connector ref the speakers it seems. Not the same as any other car in the World. Of course. Goes without saying.........

So to save any of that re-wiring business: you buy some adaptor leads - only £5 a pair and it means the whole fitting part needs no re-wiring. That 'issue' was Renaults fault.......not caused by the speakers as such :smile:

Reactions: Micah
Leather gear-lever gaitor stapled onto new lower retaining clip at the trimmers this morning and duly fitted:

IMG_6097_zpsuc3m5nsy.jpg

Radiator expansion bottle cover turned out to be a pain in the butt to do in any perforated material (Impossible to get a decent rubber / plastic trim around it to finish it nicely). So today i've crafted one in 3mm thick brushed Aluminium.

I could easily fold or weld on sides for mine to make a bit prettier (And still may do) ; but i'd also intended making a few for people on here - and for that it needs to be simple to make and fit etc

I'm unsure......

Thoughts ???

IMG_6100_zpspn9ihlop.jpg

IMG_6101_zpswnuv5ttq.jpg

IMG_6102_zpsrshv2f28.jpg

IMG_6103_zpsli7tld5g.jpg

What you might not be able to see in the above pics (Glare) ?

.....is that the cover is a dull'ish brushed finish stainless.....not a bright polished piece ! So colour / finish-wise fits in ok. I think it goes ok with intake manifold, 'Shuv' induction pipework and other bits of Aluminium and the stainless bonnet alarm bracket. Despite pics not really conveying this.

IMG_6104_zpsegyf4pqr.jpg

Or despite not wanting too much black....better to do in Carbon Fibre. Maybe with some sort of Yellow decal ontop ?

Reactions: Gordini
See, there you go making me jealous of your engine bay again! Looks as stunning as ever mate.

Not sure about the expansion bottle cover though to be honest. Would definitely look better if you did what you say and put sides on. Would look more finished. Worth trying though I think. But then if you're going to all that trouble couldn't you just put a bottom on it and build the whole thing out of ali?

Good work with the expansion cover Shuv. It does look a bit odd as-is, so I agree with some yellow colouring/decal etc, will help it blend in?

Hear what your saying. I was ok with it - i think you've all convinced me otherwise now !

Carbon Fibre it is then. **Off to buy a small sheet......

I think it's because of the glare on the under bonnet photos that make it look odd Shuv, so don't take our word for it if you like it the way it is! Could you add a yellow decal to the current one??

I think it's because of the glare on the under bonnet photos that make it look odd Shuv, so don't take our word for it if you like it the way it is! Could you add a yellow decal to the current one??

Agreed. In 'real-life' its no-where near as "loud" and stand-out as the pictures !

I initially thought Black Carbon fibre may have been too much black in one heap with the battery cover etc.

But i reckon if i then get a yellow decal on of some sort and then lacquer over the lot it would probably still look better than the Aluminium one.

A small sheet isnt too expensive so i think i'll have a go. I completely understand what Mes is saying but the idea was for a fairly quick / easy cover - not a full on fab job i'll need to ask my boss for a job-number for :smile: