Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Just noticed, do you always have one of those big bits of paper in the footwell to stop your mats getting dirty? It's a damn good idea if so :tearsofjoy:

Search 'paper floor mats' on eBay.

Only around £7 for 50 or 100 delivered: for pukka waterproof paper quality too.

Reactions: Dystant
You torque up your wheel bolts when you have them off or just by feel? Know it's a bit of a random question.

By feel generally......why's that Chris ?

I'm hanging off a spanner at some point: most days of my life of course - so may have slightly more experience / feel than the average owner.

Just curious mate.

Been recently torquing mine up just wondered what you did as an obvious tinkerer for years!

Very little happening here. Mainly due to so many hours being spent at work........... :-(

But found some time today to get on with the expansion tank 'cover plate'.

So made a template:

IMG_6033_zpsgpvamn3w.jpg

Which will eventually mean the cover fitting something like this:

IMG_6032_zps1kzuov0d.jpg

IMG_6031_zpsara3hjty.jpg

Rather than the initial Aluminium idea - i shall now be using 5mm pitch / 3mm holes / 304 grade / 0.7mm thick; Stainless perforated sheet:

s-l1600_zps70e0jiif.jpg

And shall be using a smaller (Rounded edges) rubber 'safe edge' like this around the outside:

s-l1600%201_zpsc69ugoz1.jpg

Might go to work and make in the am if i can be bothered - if not Monday at work most likely.

Just need to come up with a suitable cunning plan to fix and locate using the cap.........

****Oh. And Renault never made them in these colours. Luckily the man from ebay did :smile: ***Important bit of kit when you have a low thatch-level like me......

IMG_6023_zpseffj6cvm.jpg

Please for the love of god make me one of those coolant covers! I'll pay any amount so I don't have to look at my eyesore of a coolant tank!!! :excited:

Reactions: sevenfourate
You could actually buy a small sheet of carbon and cut that out to make the cover :smile:

Indeed Chris. And that would look great too :smile:

I might fold some tabs on to locate it though: which I couldn't do with carbon.

Also want some 'metal' as such to mate in with the stock Aluminium parts, the bits I made the airbox intake out of and a couple of other small parts I bought today.

Ah fair dos mate - just looking at your bay and saw how prominent the carbon intake manifold badge looks and thought it'd look nice in carbon :smile:

Did go so far to even think you could have a small 200.net sticker on it also :tongueout:

Ah fair dos mate - just looking at your bay and saw how prominent the carbon intake manifold badge looks and thought it'd look nice in carbon :smile:

Did go so far to even think you could have a small 200.net sticker on it also :tongueout:

Arghhh. Self promotion (You and me).

Now we've got to the bottom of it ! Would look good and give the option of a decal though as you say...

****I actually ordered my stainless I'm using specially. Now off to the bay of E to look at Carbon..... :smile:

Arghhh. Self promotion (You and me).

Now we've got to the bottom of it ! Would look good and give the option of a decal though as you say...

****I actually ordered my stainless I'm using specially. Now off to the bay of E to look at Carbon..... :smile:

Haha no wasn't that at all - just thought it'd all match and look smart - but I'm also it will look equally as good in stainless mate!

always on it,aren't you Syer??the car will make it into a showroom one day:thumb:

Seats Pav. So wants some seats. Need to get a weekend off work so i can organise a 'fitting' / go try some / get myself sorted !

***Do like my little 'projects' though.

Need an update on yours too buddy. Must be getting close :smile:

Reactions: ///M
have you got your eye on some then??there's been lots for sale on here recently..you should have grabbed yourself a bargain...
I will know more tmr regarding my,very much missed, car :pensive:

I THOUGHT i knew exactly what i wanted seat-wise. Not so sure now :-(

However i do know: I dont want standard Clio Recaro's, i do want recliners, i do want new ideally and i wont purchase until something that appeals really 'grabs me'.

Looking forward to hearing all about yours tomorrow :smile:

Reactions: Pav
Nice to see the cover is coming along nicely Shuv, it'll look good once it's all in place, with your usual attention to detail :smile:

And on that note, I wouldn't have expected anything less with you choosing appropriate seats. I hope you find the ones you want bud.

Still nothing mega serious going on here..... But this should make cleaning the car easier and more fun perhaps:

IMG_6068_zpsou9jqhsh.jpg

Thinner material with smaller holes has arrived for another version of the rad reservoir bottle i'm trying to make a cover for ! Good news is i have devised a great way to hold in place if i ever get to the stage where i'm happy with material, shape etc.......

IMG_6070_zpsppzqcbkz.jpg

Had one of these in my ebay watching page for ages. So found a company that would do me a black leather one in the style i wanted. With Orange stitching of course....

s-l1600_zpsxsmueuzd.jpg

And chose the left hand shade of Orange to match the rest of 'Team Tango' :smile:

unnamed_zpsgah3urrg.jpg

****Bad news is - i'm gonna have to go back to some much-loved gear-knob yanking in order to fit it :smirk:

And after buying myself some new CD's for the car yesterday - i today decided to upgrade the speakers a little. Nothing special - just a couple of sets of well reviewed JVC's with adaptor lead [NOT the one's pictured below. That was just incase you didnt know what a speaker looked like....]; meaning no chopping of wires required and at £70 to my door - i'm sure they'll be fine and sound alot better than the originals.

_58_zps55bhesty.jpg

Thanks for checking-in..............

Reactions: Dystant
Current specs:

2010 Clio RS-200: Renault Racing Blue.
Mileage - circa 40k

ENGINE:

Toyo-Sports Stainless 4-2-1 manifold
Scorpion Resonated stainless system (1 x Cat removed)
Ram-Air panel filter in standard airbox
Acoustic Valve removed
Modified Acoustic Valve inlet / Cold air feed into air-box
Engine dynamics Remap (199.8bhp / 158.4lb-ft)
Yellow Silicone vacuum Hose and Aluminum one-way valve
Various VT Customs dress-up bolts etc and some Yellow colour-coding
Streamline Carbon - "RENAULT sport" inlet manifold badge
Custom-made Carbon Fibre radiator reservoir-bottle cover
Custom-made Stainless Alarm plunger bracket
Powerflex (Yellow series) Engine and gearbox mounts
Fuchs Titan Fully Synthetic engine and gearbox oil, Bosch oil filter, NGK plugs.
Cambelt, Aux Belt, Dephaser, Tensioner, Water-pump, Camshaft seals etc changed with Renault parts October 2016.

CHASSIS:

Continental Contisport-5 XL (215/45-17) tyres
Powdercoated Gloss Black / lacquered 'Speedline' wheels
Black Renault centre-caps
Black wheel-nut covers
Meyle uprated / stainless-steel heavy duty drop-links
Meyle Uprated / stainless-steel heavy duty anti rotation links
Camber / Toe / Caster set-up on Hunter Hawk-Eye
Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs (15mm drop front / 20mm drop rear)
5mm Hubcentric spacers - Front
10mm Pure Motorsport stub-axle extenders - Rear

BRAKES:

Standard Brembo 4-piston calipers front / Standard rears
Brembo High-Carbon 312mm vented front discs
Brembo rear discs
Ferodo DS2500 front brake pads
Mintex 1144 rear brake pads
ATE Superblue fluid
Hubs painted with Hammerite smooth

EXTERIOR:

"Classic" rear spoiler
Carbon-fibre Black Renault badges front and rear
Stubby Aerial
"CLIO" badge removed on boot
White sidelight / indicator bulbs
Xenon number-plate bulbs
Uprated headlamp / sidelight bulbs
Gloss Black 'B'-pillar decals
****Gloss Black door rubbing strips
Small Black Renault flag decals on rear quarter's
Bosch wipers all-round

INTERIOR:

****Custom-trimmed Recaro CS seats in Anthracite Leather; with Silver stitching.
Custom Leather steering-wheel by 'Royal' ; with Orange band and stitching
Leather gear-gaiter with Orange stitching
Tailored floor mats with Orange trim
Custom dash-decals with Orange highlights + others......
RENAULT Sport "RS" Aluminium gear-knob
Xenon Bulbs: Courtesy lights front and rear, door-cards, boot and number-plate
JVC CS-DR520 speakers front
JVC CS-J520 speakers rear
12mm Sound-proofing under carpet in boot

****In progress !