Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Interesting you say 'upgrading'......

I'll keep my mouth shut ref my opinions. Lets just say good luck if you "swap" :smile:

Anyway. For a track-boy you should be doing the AC delete first. No questions !

I take it you're not a fan of the cup spoilers? I know a lot of people are either a certain yes or a certain no.

I take it you're not a fan of the cup spoilers? I know a lot of people are either a certain yes or a certain no.

I think it's all or nothing with these spoilers. Both look great, with the sprint spoiler being more refined but still giving that much needed edge to a plain arse.
I also think it's colour specific, the sprint spoiler really compliments the deep black and racing blue, whereas glacier white and albi blue look great with the cup spoiler.

Cheers guys. You know how anal i am. Current one didn't sit wholly well with me since arrival :-(

This one looks and feels great, quality is superb and its a little fatter than standard. What a little Chunky-Monkey it is now :smile:

Reactions: Dystant
Glad you like new wheel Shuv. Looks great!

Jacks a funny guy to deal with but he does deliver the goods:smile:

I had nothing to compare my retrimmed wheel too. but judging by what you said above it must've been an improvement over the first retrim you had?

1/. I suspect the leather used on re-trim 1 was poorer quality. I'm told by the local re-trimmer who helped me with my seat-cover removal and refitting when i repaired the frame; that poorer quality / less supple leather is harder to work / to get to conform to the shapes needed. When the stitching was done - i think the leather didn't have enough 'give' and the perforated parts have "mishshapen' / pulled / plucked (Hard to expain) - but basically has some rougher areas / imperfections in. Unfortunately these were right behind my right hand and i could clearly feel them. Every single day. Had they have been at the bottom and out of sight and feel.........it might have been possible to 'let them go'.

2/. The Royal re-trim is quality. Not 1 million % perfect. But this is a hand-made product and you expect some character as such. In saying that - i really cant see how you can expect any more and i take my hat off to Jack.

And if you gave me £130 and some leather and said 'have a go yourself' - you'd be a bloody long time waiting for better !

Yea.......Having seen others attempts - i have nothing but admiration for Royal's work.

Reactions: suj and Johnny 99