Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

wouldnt think otherwise Syer..still on subtle upgrades which make your car look better and better..wish i had a karcher..no access to a tap here though..

how much is the gear gaiter??

Reactions: sevenfourate
Current specs:

2010 Clio RS-200: Renault Racing Blue.
Mileage - circa 37k

ENGINE:

Toyo-Sports Stainless 4-2-1 manifold
Scorpion Resonated stainless system (1 x Cat removed)
Ram-Air panel filter in standard airbox
Acoustic Valve removed
Modified Acoustic Valve inlet / Cold air feed into air-box
Engine dynamics Remap
Yellow Silicone vacuum Hose
Various VT Customs dress-up bolts etc and some Yellow colour-coding
Streamline Carbon - "RENAULT sport" inlet manifold badge
Custom Stainless Steel radiator reservoir-bottle cover
Powerflex (Yellow series) Engine and gearbox mounts
Elf Evolution 900-SXR 5w/40 engine oil, ELF NFP gearbox oil, Bosch filter, NGK plugs
Cambelt, Aux Belt, Dephaser, Tensioner, Water-pump, Camshaft seals etc changed with Renault parts October 2016.

CHASSIS:

Continental Contisport-5 XL (215/45-17) tyres
Powdercoated Gloss Black / lacquered wheels
Black Renault centre-caps
Black wheel-nut covers
Meyle uprated / stainless-steel heavy duty drop-links
Meyle Uprated / stainless-steel heavy duty anti rotation links
Camber / Toe / Caster set-up on Hunter Hawk-Eye
Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs (15mm drop front / 20mm drop rear)
5mm Hubcentric spacers - Front
10mm stub-axle extenders - Rear

BRAKES:

Standard Brembo 4-piston calipers front / Standard rears
Brembo High-Carbon 312mm vented front discs
Brembo rear discs
Ferodo DS2500 front brake pads
Mintex 1144 rear brake pads
ATE Superblue fluid
Hubs painted with Hammerite smooth

EXTERIOR:

"GT" rear spoiler
Carbon-fibre Black Renault badges front and rear
Stubby Aerial
"CLIO" badge removed on boot
White sidelight / indicator bulbs
Xenon number-plate bulbs
Uprated headlamp / sidelight bulbs
'B'-pillar decals removed
Small Black Renault flag decals on rear quarter's
Bosch wipers all-round

INTERIOR:

Custom Leather steering-wheel by Royal; with Orange band and stitching
Leather gear-gaiter with Orange stitching
Custom floor mats with Orange trim
Custom dash-decals with Orange highlights
RENAULT Sport "RS" Aluminium gear-knob
Xenon Bulbs: Courtesy lights front and rear, door-cards, boot and number-plate
JVC Component speakers front and rear
12mm Sound-proofing under carpet in boot
VERY nice spec Shuv! I envy your engineering background/ability. I couldn't fabricate anything myself. I just love following your thread & the little touches you add. Top job!

Awesome mate :smile:

One thing on my 197 I never got round too was speakers!

Got ROUND to....

Was that done on purpose Chris :smile:

wouldnt think otherwise Syer..still on subtle upgrades which make your car look better and better..wish i had a karcher..no access to a tap here though..

how much is the gear gaiter??

Thankyou. Really pleased with the interior touches now ! I'll have the cleanest car, patio, windows, fascias, gutters etc in the street by Sunday i expect. New toy and all that.....

VERY nice spec Shuv! I envy your engineering background/ability. I couldn't fabricate anything myself. I just love following your thread & the little touches you add. Top job!

Thanks bud.......I've heard God loves a trier Johnny :wink:

Have a great weekend guys:smile:

Few up to date pics inside and out:

P1040043_zpsrprlfg3a.jpg

2_zpsfderzbun.jpg

3_zpsd9ne1xuq.jpg

Good read on the current spec Syer, you don't realise how much you do until you write it all down lol.

A steering insert but with orange text may look good on the wheel maybe?

Good read on the current spec Syer, you don't realise how much you do until you write it all down lol.

A steering insert but with orange text may look good on the wheel maybe?

Cheers buddy. Your right !

For someone who's supposedly more into bikes and wasn't going to modify the Clio - its not gone very well at all in the first 11 months of ownership :smile:

Wheel insert would need modifying to fit (Not a huge issue) because of my fatter than standard wheel. But after removing my badge - i realise how cheap and plastic it is. The leather deserves some air-time compared to Renaults finest French plastic.......

Reactions: Pav and suj
Cheers buddy. Your right !

For someone who's supposedly more into bikes and wasn't going to modify the Clio - its not gone very well at all in the first 11 months of ownership :smile:

Wheel insert would need modifying to fit (Not a huge issue) because of my fatter than standard wheel. But after removing my badge - i realise how cheap and plastic it is. The leather deserves some air-time compared to Renaults finest French plastic.......

Ha, I'm literally the same, I said I was going to keep mine standard.... Already have a list of parts to fit once I've healed.

Oh, has the wheel refurb made it slightly thicker? Yeah it is a bit cheap and tacky, but I find it finishes off the wheel area at the bottom, as it looks naked, but actually on yours it doesn't look too bad now it's been refurbed!

Ha, I'm literally the same, I said I was going to keep mine standard.... Already have a list of parts to fit once I've healed.

Oh, has the wheel refurb made it slightly thicker? Yeah it is a bit cheap and tacky, but I find it finishes off the wheel area at the bottom, as it looks naked, but actually on yours it doesn't look too bad now it's been refurbed!

Refurb MK1 i had was quite thin. Which i wasnt keen on.

So i asked for refurb MK2 'slightly chunkier than standard'.

You could request whatever you fancy though from all the various re-furbers im sure.

Stitching at the bottom (With the two 'prongs') is quite pronounced in contrasting Orange; so really stands out. Trust me; its much nicer visually than the plastic. I used to think pictures of cars without a badge looked bare somehow. Not now though.....

Reactions: suj
Refurb MK1 i had was quite thin. Which i wasnt keen on.

So i asked for refurb MK2 'slightly chunkier than standard'.

You could request whatever you fancy though from all the various re-furbers im sure.

Stitching at the bottom (With the two 'prongs') is qI used to think pictures of cars without a badge looked bare somehow. Not now though.....
Stitching at the bottom (With the two 'prongs') is quite pronounced in contrasting Orange. I used to think pictures of cars without a badge looked bare somehow. Not now though.....

I totally agree, the standard wheel needs the Renaultsport insert but yours looks so right like this.

Yeah that makes total sense, as looking at yours, it looks much better than mine, so I have to cover mine up haha

Can't wait to see how the expansion tank cover looks!

I THOUGHT i knew exactly what i wanted seat-wise. Not so sure now :-(

However i do know: I dont want standard Clio Recaro's, i do want recliners, i do want new ideally and i wont purchase until something that appeals really 'grabs me'.

Looking forward to hearing all about yours tomorrow :smile:

Bet you end up with CS Recaros mate!

I've looked a lot for other other options for the BMW and it's all either too chunky and looks pants (and is probably heavy) or from a low grade manufacturer, which I'd never even consider with something as important as seats. I always ended up coming back to the CS. Thankfully, they're some of the best seats ever made. Surprised you don't want them! Not a cheap do though eh?

Car spec list is mental. You're getting to the stage where you're only going to have big stuff left!

Which makes me feel like I should say PLEASE STAY NA!!! :smiley:

Ps. LOVE the photos. Your car is absolutely mint and a real credit to you mate.

Genuinely full on jealous of your engine bay. Takes a lot of work to get it looking like that.

Ps. LOVE the photos. Your car is absolutely mint and a real credit to you mate.

Genuinely full on jealous of your engine bay. Takes a lot of work to get it looking like that.

I'm actually ashamed to say i polish, wax and QD the underside of the bonnet and any Blue paint i can get to in there... :smile:

Do you know Mes - i've not even sat in some Clio Recaro's yet. I'm a big guy - and my size worries me. And their general fragility scares me shitless. Especially as i have to clamber in and out of the car in a single garage twice a day. Leather i would consider (and i'd want rears to match too) - but the cost for a really nice set of those is and would be considerable. If you can find any !

The seat issue (Fact i have stock) isnt bugging me yet. Might not be long though.

Thanks for your thoughts, high praise and support. Coming from a man of your particular taste it means alot........

You'll probably see a huge benefit in sound quality with the new speakers if you upgrade your head unit? Or do you want to keep that standard? :smile:

I'm actually ashamed to say i polish, wax and QD the underside of the bonnet and any Blue paint i can get to in there... :smile:

Do you know Mes - i've not even sat in some Clio Recaro's yet. I'm a big guy - and my size worries me. And their general fragility scares me shitless. Especially as i have to clamber in and out of a single garage twice a day. Leather i would consider (and i'd want rears to match too) - but the cost for a really nice set of those is and would be considerable. If you can find any !

The seat issue (Fact i have stock) isnt bugging me yet. Might not be long though.

Thanks for your thoughts, high praise and support. Coming from a man of your particular taste it means alot........

You're totally welcome mate. And like I said, I can see there's a shitload of hard work mate!

How often do you use the back seats? Just go full buckets if you don't!

I know I've said it before Shuv, but yours is a very lovely car! Fantastic spec list too!

Give the Recaros a go, you might be surprised. I give a lift sometimes to a guy at work who is very big, and he thinks the seats fit him perfectly - not too small at all he says. I can see your point with getting in and out of them, with you parking in a garage... Worth considering though?

You're totally welcome mate. And like I said, I can see there's a shitload of hard work mate!

How often do you use the back seats? Just go full buckets if you don't!

I hear you.

But i've just uprated the speakers (You [We ?] do enjoy the comforts more as you get older eh Mes :smile: )........and now i'm pondering your suggestion of stripping the rear and getting buckets.

"Confused
how's the steering wheel Syer??

Really good thanks Pav.........a huge improvement over standard and re-furb MK1 !!

I hear you.

But i've just uprated the speakers (You [We ?] do enjoy the comforts more as you get older eh Mes :smile: )........and now i'm pondering your suggestion of stripping the rear and getting buckets.

"Confused

Really good thanks Pav.........a huge improvement over standard and re-furb MK1 !!

Sorry to throw in further confusion mate! It's the last thing a car modder needs! Our heads bounce round with ideas all the time. We don't need more adding in!

:smiley:

In all seriousness though, if Mrs M would let me, I'd have the back out and some buckets in in a heartbeat. Weight saving is a great thing to do in small NA cars :smile: As for comfort, even in my more stately years, a proper fitting bucket seat can be as comfortable as any recliner. Even on long journeys. All about posture.

Could see a set of SPG in your car and they'd look bloody awesome.