Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Do you ever drive your car mate? It always looks factory fresh!!

Not much wear on them tyres:french:

I dont drive on the sidewalls too much these days Ben. Not like i did in my yoof :smile: Seriously...think its just the light. They are worn to the shoulder. Although the opposing (Roundabout bashing tyre) is alot more worn i suspect.....

Cleaned inside at the weekend, Outside not been done for 2 weeks+. And yes - its a genuine daily :smile:

Reactions: Big Ben
Looks great. I hope it snows on the 17th so all our cars look like s**t in the car park and not just mine!

Discs look excellent btw

Interested to see how easy a repair it is on seat bolster. My Lardy ass is destroying my seat so I'll no doubt be repairing seat as well soon...

Looks great. I hope it snows on the 17th so all our cars look like s**t in the car park and not just mine!

Discs look excellent btw

Interested to see how easy a repair it is on seat bolster. My Lardy ass is destroying my seat so I'll no doubt be repairing seat as well soon...

Cheers.

Will be "interesting" to see whats underneath the fabric if nothing else ! And then if i can repair AND make stronger.

Pretty sure i will buy a Cobra seat and Recaro runner when i get my same lardy arse in gear enough to drive to a dealer to try one.

Irrespective of that - need to get this one sorted whatever.

And you boys will not believe what im having hand-made as we speak; and have been sorting for the last week or 10 days.

I can hardly control myself. I may wait until the Xmas meet now and see who of the select few notices first.

Cant believe i didn't think of this before. Gonna come in so handy.......

Oooh, very intriguing Shuv, you've always got something on the boil haven't you mate! Looking forward to playing 'Spot the new, unique Syer mod'!

the discs look spot on..they need to go through a heat cycle to bond with the metal underneath better..
looks awesome and as above,very clean..gotta say mine has never been this clean..

New discs and pads all-around today (With the obligatory caliper clean-up and copper-slipping of the back of the pads, lubing of the pins etc):

IMG_5498_zpsylemdhzc.jpg

And seat out and taken to upholsterers for fabric removal so i can then sort the broken bolster: (Picking the frame back up tomorrow and will then be cracking on with the repair needed. Whatever that may be......)

IMG_5497_zpsc7iwcnbk.jpg
Car looks great! Only disappointment is that there isn't a foot rest fitted :wink:

Reactions: Jimmy
You not gonna share your disc / pad bedding-in thoughts bro @Pav ?
was trying to find the video i watched on youtube not long ago where the guy explained it well..basically just like you bed in your pads..the rotors have to get hot and cool down for the paint to bond properly..
i didnt do this for the 1st time i painted mine and then took it to a track day and the paint peeled off..

Well.....i must say the 'quality' and strength of the upper bolster supports surprised even me !

They are approx 5mm round-bar bent into shape and "welded" (Loose sense of the term with the amount of it) back onto the small folded return of a bit of thin sheet than makes up the seat body.

All in all - not a great combo *****Awful pics taken in work van - as i cant be bothered removing only to load again early am when im heading into work to beef these babies up.

"Loop" of 5mm bar welded at both ends with 1" of weld on the return to form bolster support.

IMG_5499_zpsm870hwte.jpg

Pictured with a pretty small tie-wrap to get some idea of the thickness.

IMG_5500_zpslrdjwugv.jpg

Bolster connection only welded one side.

IMG_5507_zpsobo8s5aj.jpg

Broken weld on one of only two points where the bolster support touches / is connected to the frame via a 1" weld.....

IMG_5503_zpsvp3twqaf.jpg

All i can say is - if your a big guy like me. Treat getting in and out of your car with respect.

I thought i did - but garaging every night and doing the "Clio Shuffle" to get in and out was still too much for it !!!!

Reactions: Dystant and Big Ben
Discs look 1000x better with that section painted black, really finishes off the look of the wheels.

Now you just need to get those calipers painted yellow! :thumb:

Reactions: Pav
One side welded, bloody shambles that, wouldn't take any time to run the welder on the other side also...

Firstly - i'm finding Streamline Carbon....how should i put this......PAINFUL ! After THEIR faux-pas on the size of the inlet badge they promised they would jump right on it - if i returned it to them. This after ordering the wrong colour decal i wanted before that.

Sent it back to them Monday (Never have they offered to refund my postage costs) - was signed for at 10am or thereabouts on Tuesday. Text me today to say thev'e received it ? Which means its clearly been doing nothing for the last (Nearly) 3 full days days.

They reckon i might get it back middle of next week. Which will essentially mean its taken them over a month to put a decal on and lacquer a badge they had in stock.

I thought, would have expected and was kind of lead to believe they would be doing all they could to rectify the mistakes quickly. Obviously not.....

So many promises. So little action...... There. Said it :oops:

Onto things i can control. Went in to work at 5.30am to repair my seat. Then ran 10 miles up the road at tea-break to take the frame back to my upholsterer. Then went back to him at dinner time to collect it after he'd re-fitted the cloth. The drove it to my mechanic after work for fitment tomorrow. And breathe.....

So here's those monstrous, strong and no-nonsense bolster frames as standard. Errr.....NOT !

IMG_5511_zpsvtznu77w.jpg

And here's the drivers side after i welded, fixed, beefed up, gusseted, plated and generally strengthened the thing good and proper :smile:

IMG_5513_zpspzwj0ktg.jpg

Go on......i even dare you to break again !!!

told you do them yourself Syer..cheap and cheerful..and it looks exactly the same..nevertheless,what a rubbish service from them..no thank you!!

Reactions: sevenfourate
I think you're going to have to be careful now, that bolster looks like it could cause some damage to you getting in and out of the car... accidentally bump into that thing and it will be like hitting a brick wall! :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: sevenfourate