Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Nice work Shuv, the seat now looks nuclear bomb proof. I reckon after Armageddon there would only be your seat and cockroaches that remain (as well as any of your foot rest packages that are still unopened). Sorry to hear about streamline but at least you learned the hard way with just this small part rather than a £1k diffuser.

Just lol, lol and lol again. Too funny.

Spot on though. My friend from Sizewell B reckons the frame has a half life of at least 2 million years....

Reactions: Gordini
That is some serious metalwork modification going on there Shuv! It looks mega solid, good work. Such a shame about the problems with Streamline, although I think your feedback is pretty fair and honest! Could easily have been a mega-rant, which would have been justified given the circumstances!

That is some serious metalwork modification going on there Shuv! It looks mega solid, good work. Such a shame about the problems with Streamline, although I think your feedback is pretty fair and honest! Could easily have been a mega-rant, which would have been justified given the circumstances!

For anyone that hadn't noticed. This is as much a week-to-week diary of thoughts, happenings, experiences and product / retailer reviews as much as a progress thread.

And yes - my account of Streamline is 100% truthful.....fairly diplomatic.....and contains nothing i cant back up with proof. Will be 1 month Monday BTW.

****And today's news - if i open my garage door; there's a Clio in there, First time that's happened for a while !

Reactions: Johnny 99 and Jimmy
I was considering ordering some of Streamlines door kick plates... after this performance I don't think I'll be bothering, shocking service from them it appears!

Carbon Inlet badge arrived back today. Which is good.

Fit is acceptable....no better.

No word of an apology. No mention of a postage refund for me returning back to them for adjustment and they havn't even sent the original badge back i sent to them as a pattern - as they wern't seemingly capable themselves !!!

Muppets.

IMG_5532_zpsupghlpw1.jpg

And BTW: If you need double-sided foam tape for anything (Comes in sheets or rolls). This 3M heavy duty stuff is the dogs danglies:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221955379768?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Reactions: Gordini and Big Ben
Whole engine bay looks immaculate as always! And the new badge matches your other yellow bits really nicely :thumb:

Proper shame about the service from Streamline carbon, if I were you I'd send them an email complaining... not even getting an apology is ridiculous.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Loving the engine bay Shuv, the yellow bits look great! Yours must surely be one of the cleanest cars on the forum!

I agree with Dale, send Streamline an email telling them how you feel about things. The fact that it dragged on for so long (especially given the size of the badge and work involved) is out of order. Also, why should you be footing the costs of postage when it was their screw up that required you to send it back... And if you still aren't 100% happy with the finish, then all the more reason.

Reactions: RSPez and Dystant
Loving the engine bay Shuv, the yellow bits look great! Yours must surely be one of the cleanest cars on the forum!

I agree with Dale, send Streamline an email telling them how you feel about things. The fact that it dragged on for so long (especially given the size of the badge and work involved) is out of order. Also, why should you be footing the costs of postage when it was their screw up that required you to send it back... And if you still aren't 100% happy with the finish, then all the more reason.

Cheers. Yea.....I'd be interested to see a tidier one :smile:

Your right Jimmy.. Enough beating around the bush. Email going to Streamline right now......

Reactions: Jimmy
Are you going for spacers as well as the springs then Shuv??

"Mildly" spaced Jimmy i think. With slightly more width on the back than the front.

Dont want to risk going through ball-joints, track-rod ends, CVJ's etc etc with to much of a wider front footprint.

Im imagining it (Widening the track) doesn't have quite so much effect on the rear end - as the front clearly has all the steering componentry too.

"Mildly" spaced Jimmy i think. With slightly more width on the back than the front.

Dont want to risk going through ball-joints, track-rod ends, CVJ's etc etc with to much of a wider front footprint.

Ah ok, nice one bud. I've driven behind a couple of the mk3s that had spacers on , including Pav's (but his of course has the wider wheels, not spacers) and it does make the rear look so much meaner and squatter.

Reactions: Pav