Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Does like very nice as always Shuv.

I've bit the bullet today and dropped car of at body shop for front bumper respray. Not an exciting way to spend money!

Like you its been bugging me for a while

Reactions: sevenfourate
If ever we're in the same vicinity, you're more than welcome to drive mine with the standard dampers and Eibach Pro springs.

If ever we're in the same vicinity, you're more than welcome to drive mine with the standard dampers and Eibach Pro springs.

Thanks for the kind offer buddy..... :smile: Supposed to be a decent compromise that combo. If you believe the hype - those springs were designed around those dampers wern't they ?

Its not that i don't like the look or even the firmer ride with aftermarket springs etc. To be fair i love it. Both looks and handling-wise. When i met up the CSOC facebook group earlier this year in Great Yarmouth.....it was wholly apparent mine was the highest car there ! Infact my roof towered above all others... Actually if i look back i think there was a direct relationship between your age and the height of your roof :smile:

Thing is my last car was lowered / stiffened with a wider track and stance-wise it was epic. BUT: The ride was a little monotonous on the bone-jarring side at times - especially with the smallish roads around here. It also had a habit of "eating" suspension components because of this. And if they wern't "shot" they were knocking on the way to being shot.

I just think i'm perhaps past all that and deserve a little creature-comfort (Relatively) in my life....

I'm also aware of how far 'in' the arches the wheels sit on a 200; and lowering is only going to exaggerate that - meaning spacers almost become a must after a drop.

Maybe i'll see / get a ride in others at the Xmas bash and change my mind. At this point i've (perhaps wrongly) convinced myself otherwise.

Does like very nice as always Shuv.

I've bit the bullet today and dropped car of at body shop for front bumper respray. Not an exciting way to spend money!

Like you its been bugging me for a while

How'd yesterday go buddy (Have i missed a write-up and pictures ) ? :smile:

Interesting on the bumper - great minds and all that. But yea bugs me a bit. What you paying for that if you dont mind me asking ?

That and the fact i'm an Engineer and my job involves 'bettering" anything i touch. I always just want to tinker with any vehicle i own; sorting 'something' that narks me. Its who i am and i enjoy the research, the doing, the improving and the results. And like all i hope - i do it for me alone.

Reactions: Big Ben
How'd yesterday go buddy (Have i missed a write-up and pictures ) ? :smile:

Interesting on the bumper - great minds and all that. But yea bugs me a bit. What you paying for that if you dont mind me asking ?

That and the fact i'm an Engineer and my job involves 'bettering" anything i touch. I always just want to tinker with any vehicle i own; sorting 'something' that narks me. Its who i am and i enjoy the research, the doing, the improving and the results. And like all i hope - i do it for me alone.
Boys and their toys eh...:blush:
I'm having a new RS lip spoiler fitted and bumper prepped and painted for £300. Think that's reasonable??

Snetterton was so good I've only got 1 photo which is not a good one!

Attachments

• nail.png
    nail.png
    572.9 KB · Views: 32
Boys and their toys eh...:blush:
I'm having a new RS lip spoiler fitted and bumper prepped and painted for £300. Think that's reasonable??

Snetterton was so good I've only got 1 photo which is not a good one!

Thats an excellent price i reckon Ben. I'd be very happy with that indeed if the quality is good. When it going to be ready ?

Glad you had a good day yesterday. You really shouldnt have spent so much time and gone to such great efforts with the photography though buddy.

***Trust you didnt just get some long-nose pliers and rip that bad-boy out........

Photography not one of my strong points:oops:

Bumper ready Thursday/Friday.

Left it in and trundled slowly home. Tyre was down to 14psi when I got home!! Cut short my day by an hour. Wasn't happy:censored:

Engine block emblem from Streamline Carbon that I ordered 2 weeks ago Sat: still not here. They didn't reply to an email earlier in the week either. Slightly grumpier version sent today....

Found a man yesterday (Upholsterer) to 'help repair' busted drivers seat bolster. I'm removing seat - he'll remove fabric; I'll then repair / beef up / weld the broken frame (?). He will then refit fabric. Bobs your mothers brother :smile:

Had Brembo high carbon front discs and Ferodo pads ready to fit for a while. Got a deal on some rear Brembo discs and Mintex 1144 pads today. Likely get the lot fitted soonish now.

Not very good service to say they have a premium price point! Would expect better..

The part was in stock when I purchased and clearly said so.

'All' they had to do was stick a RENAULT sport decal on and lacquer over. After 5 days they were still 'waiting for decal'.

Another 5 days (Wed) and I emailed and got no reply.

No reply to today's email so far either.

On face value and having had no reply in regard of any issues, an update or indeed 'despatch' : everything went great right up until the point I paid....

:smile:

Reactions: Micah
The part was in stock when I purchased and clearly said so.

'All' they had to do was stick a RENAULT sport decal on and lacquer over. After 5 days they were still 'waiting for decal'.

Another 5 days (Wed) and I emailed and got no reply.

No reply to today's email so far either.

On face value and having had no reply in regard of any issues, an update or indeed 'despatch' : everything went great right up until the point I paid....

:smile:
That sucks Shuv, hope you get it sorted soon.

Sorry to hear about the delay with the emblem, Shuv - not good. Hopefully the second email will give them a kick...

Good news on the seat refurb though bud, always nice when things fall into place like that :smile:

On a more positive note: [And its amazing how something so simple can make you smile inside so much] :smile:

Someone picked up i had put a couple of Orange wristbands on the gearstick for a bit of added Tango'd-ness:

P1030965_zps0bxjsell.jpg

Well look what i've just had custom made at the extortionate price of £2.59 to add to the 'collection' !

IMG_5442_zpsbnkngj7b.jpg

IMG_5444_zpsbbxoek2g.jpg

Ha, superb little touch Shuv! It's amazing what you can get for so little outlay! The interior is looking great with all those orange touches!

should have done the bullets yourself Syer..would have saved and they look identical really...
which pads are you putting on then??

should have done the bullets yourself Syer..would have saved and they look identical really...
which pads are you putting on then??

Once parts for the rear arrive Monday this is what i will have to go on Pav:

Brembo High-Carbon front discs
Brembo rear discs
Ferodo DS2500 front brake pads
Mintex 1144 rear brake pads

I'm the first to knock a company when i don't think their standards are acceptable........and i'll also be the first to report back as to how these companies sort any issues (Because thats the mark of a good company in respect of customers.....)

Well after somewhat hassling Chris at StreamLine Carbon for an update - this morning he's actually taken the time and phoned me.

Apologised hugely and said the decal i'm having fitted and lacquered over on the inlet manifold badge came in late to him: and was then the wrong shade of Yellow.

So he's ordered another decal and is re-doing it on a new carbon badge for me.

So although communication in the last 2-weeks was non-existent - the delay was for the right reasons it appears. He's also assured me it will be done by Tuesday and will now be sent out on a next day delivery.

Fingers crossed.....lets see :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy and Dystant
good stuff Syer..glad he took some time to ring you...at least you know whats happening..thats important
no one wants to be kept in the dark..

Reactions: Johnny 99