Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Looks like your starting to stock up on the parts too!

Would like to see your steering wheel re-trimmed as i will be looking into doing mine next year.

Have you got a certain design in mind?

No - plain leather that will last ! (Maybe i'm put off by and cant see past the melting perforated parts on the standard wheel).

I have to say - i don't really like the feel of the perforated parts though - and prefer the smooth finish of the plain sections in terms of the standard wheel.

"Flash" is great visually, but i don't want anything that's only going to look that way in the relatively short-term or need regular cleaning. Being an Engineer with ingrained dirt on my hands come home-time - as hard as i scrub i feel Alcantara or something with a fancy design / colours / stitching might end up looking "tired" all too quickly......

Wiling to be educated though :smile:

Getting there.....

This week i've fitted: New spark-plugs, panel air-filter, cabin filter, new wipers front and rear, near rear wiper arm, new floor mats, bee sting aerial, wheel-nut caps, new RenaultSport badge on boot....not to mention getting the wheels powder-coated black, new front tyres, black centre-caps to match wheels and a full brake service while the wheels were off along with painting all the hubs gloss black.......

IMG_4234_zpsdkbzkaus.jpg

Wheels in Gloss black instead of standard "satin", with black wheel-nut covers and Black centre-caps to match:

P1030644_zpsyx9z38ri.jpg

Also - its amazing to me how much this colour changes. Heres the cars after fitting the wheels after powder-coating.....which was quite late in the evening after work:

IMG_4230_zps8twqb2va.jpg

And heres the car as it sits now after a clean, and in the sunshine !

P1030643_zpszvm0kaui.jpg
Good clean today after yesterdays bonnet polish.

And some pics taken right beside the sea, at Ness Point in Lowestoft, Suffolk - which is THE most Easterly part of land in the UK:

P1030647_zpskepjhuzz.jpg

P1030650_zpscwqqnrgr.jpg

P1030649_zpssvhtbnow.jpg

P1030646_zpsn8t6bcr6.jpg

P1030652_zpsd3oggx2a.jpg

No - plain leather that will last ! (Maybe i'm put off by and cant see past the melting perforated parts on the standard wheel).

I have to say - i don't really like the feel of the perforated parts though - and prefer the smooth finish of the plain sections in terms of the standard wheel.

"Flash" is great visually, but i don't want anything that's only going to look that way in the relatively short-term or need regular cleaning. Being an Engineer with ingrained dirt on my hands come home-time - as hard as i scrub i feel Alcantara or something with a fancy design / colours / stitching might end up looking "tired" all too quickly......

Wiling to be educated though :smile:

Well hopefully when you get yours done you will educate me more! :wink:

what do you think of your 12mm Sound-proofing under carpet in boot, does it make the exhaust quieter in the cabin?

Your car is very clean, have you machined polished it/swirl removal?

Reactions: sevenfourate
Well hopefully when you get yours done you will educate me more! :wink:

what do you think of your 12mm Sound-proofing under carpet in boot, does it make the exhaust quieter in the cabin?

Your car is very clean, have you machined polished it/swirl removal?

12mm soundproofing was.....er.....rubbish. Could tell no difference ! Still in there but not sure it made any noticeable improvement. Dont think it was the product. Just not a place for gains to be made in that respect im thinking........

Yea i clay-barred and de-toxed and cleaned - and then had my detailer machine it. I told him to leave the interior, wheels etc etc and JUST DO THE BLUE BITS. lol !!!

!0 hours later my name was mud :smile: Reckons mine was about the hardest paint he's ever come across.

12mm soundproofing was.....er.....rubbish. Could tell no difference ! Still in there but not sure it made any noticeable improvement. Dont think it was the product. Just not a place for gains to be made in that respect im thinking........

Yea i clay-barred and de-toxed and cleaned - and then had my detailer machine it. I told him to leave the interior, wheels etc etc and JUST DO THE BLUE BITS. lol !!!

!0 hours later my name was mud :smile: Reckons mine was about the hardest paint he's ever come across.

Not good news as im looking at trying to quieten down the noise in the cabin!!

I have a Das6 Pro polisher although i have not used it much i want to use it on my car for swirl removal but i am scared as the car is red and we all know what red cars are usually like with there paint (although i may be wrong) so if you have any knowledge on how Ultra Red is it would be much appreciated and i also cant justify buying a paint gauge depth thingy!!

I bet a before and after was like night and day though!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Not good news as im looking at trying to quieten down the noise in the cabin!!

I have a Das6 Pro polisher although i have not used it much i want to use it on my car for swirl removal but i am scared as the car is red and we all know what red cars are usually like with there paint (although i may be wrong) so if you have any knowledge on how Ultra Red is it would be much appreciated and i also cant justify buying a paint gauge depth thingy!!

I bet a before and after was like night and day though!

To be fair the difference wasn't that amazing. More depth and shine - but after i'd clayed etc the finish under whatever layers were on there was pretty good. Just not upto my normal anal levels...

What do you see as the problems with red paint ? Only "common" issue i know of with red paint - is something in the pigment (?) can make it go milky white and oxidise far quicker than other colours unless a good UV protective wax is used...........

To be fair the difference wasn't that amazing. More depth and shine - but after i'd clayed etc the finish under whatever layers were on there was pretty good. Just not upto my normal anal levels...

What do you see as the problems with red paint ? Only "common" issue i know of with red paint - is something in the pigment (?) can make it go milky white and oxidise far quicker than other colours unless a good UV protective wax is used...........

I am scared of using the DA and seeing alot of paint transfer on the pad and i dont want to take to much of the clear coat off

I am scared of using the DA and seeing alot of paint transfer on the pad and i dont want to take to much of the clear coat off

Get to the scrap yard and buy a panel to practice on.........seriously :smile:

Try different actions, different speeds, different pads / compounds with no fear of wrecking anything.

Goes without saying a red panel would be perfect !

Reactions: Adam_C
Get to the scrap yard and buy a panel to practice on.........seriously :smile:

Try different actions, different speeds, different pads / compounds with no fear of wrecking anything.

Goes without saying a red panel would be perfect !

Shame the weather is about to turn as well! might have to wait till next year now until it warms up a little! as the days are getting shorter and shorter.

Wish i had somewhere indoor to clean the car!

The finish on red will be something to see! especially with the depth and shine!

Don't be scared of a DA, unless your using very aggressive polish and pad combo you will be fine!! (Not the same story for rotary though they can destroy paint lol)

Well I'm not all too up to date with all the latest pads these days. I've used chemical guys hex pads in the past with good results. Green then black. Depends how badly swirled your car is again though..

I have a plan of attack up until Christmas:

1/ Get it MOT'd Wednesday as i looked tonight knowing it was around this time; and found it actually ran out last Thursday !
2/ Get gearbox oil changed at the same time.....just because car will be in garage anyway.

IMG_5211_zps3xe4jvyv.jpg

3/ I've started talking to Royal Steering Wheels (Not sure if im going to exchange or send mine in) but i am 99% sure i'm going to have an Orange band on the top and Orange stitching [To compliment dash lights / information display lighting]. Not sure yet if im going to have perforated leather on the sides, or plain all around...... THOUGHTS ON THIS ?

large409_zpsg5l8bk2d.jpg

4/ The whole cambelt, aux belt, de-phaser mallarky fitted later this month. 5 years peace of mind....sorted.

5/ New drivers seat. Pretty sure i'm now going to buy a slightly more bucket shaped (Than the standard Renaultsport seats).......but still reclining seat. Not a full bucket.

6/ If time / funds etc allow: i MAY then get some floormats custom made with Renaultsport logos in Orange, and also the dash strip re-painted / re-finished etc with Orange Renaultsport logo too.