Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

You've done a lot to the car in quite a short space of time!!

What's next on the agenda? Brakes? Mostly standard from what I can see..

When i had air-con regassed recently they said 1 x front disc was slightly grooved on the inside. Nothing to worry over; but would want new discs come new pad time. So at that point (Maybe sooner) i will upgrade for sure.

Next on my list is the Cambelt. Aux belt, de-phaser etc mallarky. Not very exciting im afraid but must be done by End October...........

Knob.

I've been wanting a new one for a while. Mine was starting to chaff a little around the edges through too much constant use. It wasn't hurting me yet - but i could see it might make me sore in the future if i carried on with it.

So i've upgraded to a bigger. better and ultimately more shiny knob. Its very slick on the outside.... so i suspect this is a pre-polished knob.

I think this could be my crowning glory; i just hope its not too big as my wife does use it quite alot and her hands are quite small.......

14433043_622133134624571_6220412456052278564_n_zpsmsxpwcll.jpg

I see you have included a photo of your knob - quite brazen aren't you sir. I trust that once you have inserted your knob in the place it's designed to be put, you will follow up with some more detailed photos? Possibly a video also? Let us know if it fits well and that it feels good to use. Hopefully your wife won't be disappointed...

Looks lovely!

Your cold air feed where the acoustic vavlve used to be? Where does it go to?

Thankyou.

Erm.....it just kind of tucks in under and below the passenger headlight. I suppose i could have gone more to town on it and linked it to some tubing or something and affixed it lower down, but: The original acoustic valve sits in a warm engine bay and doesn't open until 5k+.

So anything is an improvement on that. ie: I now have that side of the feed to the airbox 'open' all the time, and its entry is in a void where cold air is moving (I think and hope) in the void below the headlight. My recent re-mapping certainly never showed any problems :smile:

Was going to suggest: "I'll show you mine if you show me yours". But that would just be childish :smile:

Plus i'm sure all you Worldly folk have all seen a knob or two in your time. To be fair though this isn't any old knob. This is my knob. And what a thing of beauty it is.

About these aluminium jobbies: I believe i read someone here comment they felt theirs "....made the car a little more special from the drivers seat". I cant comment on that as i've not driven it yet.

Certainly looks alright through the window though :sunglasses:

IMG_5172_zpszfpxudah.jpg

IMG_5174_zpskphoidkw.jpg

Reactions: Gordini and Sean197
Ongoing improvements continue......some of this is routine stuff of course.

Elf Evolution 900 SXR went in today with a new oil filter. Not sure what the supplying garage put in when they did an engine service upon my purchase - but i SWEAR it sounds quieter. Considerably so infact !

I also had my garage re-bleed the brakes today. The say there 'might' have been air in one or both of the rears. Pedal feel firmed-up and improved in my eyes - is the bottom line :smile:

Also found a place with a promotion on yesterday for Air-Con recharging. (Mines not great) I'm booked in next Tuesday.....and the cost is £11.99 !!! Check that out :thumbsup:

And as all my 'bits had arrived - i came home and conjured up my "Shuv" cold-air feed. My god its tight for space in there !

IMG_4977%201_zpsz1b6v3pl.jpg

IMG_4976%201_zps6aotku6b.jpg

IMG_4975%201_zpsfoy773kx.jpg

Hi mate just wondering what flexible tubing you used to run through the gap to the bumper to get he cold feed. Been trying to find something similar but everything either seems too rigid to fit or too thin.

Thanks.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Hi mate just wondering what flexible tubing you used to run through the gap to the bumper to get he cold feed. Been trying to find something similar but everything either seems too rigid to fit or too thin.

Thanks.

Hi Tom,

Mine doesn't go through the bumper. Its most recently been covered in post 54....just a couple up from this with the pics of the gear-knob.

Good luck finding the right size pipe. I looked at doing that too. Not much space is there., unless you do some cutting / moving........

Good luck.

Hi Tom,

Mine doesn't go through the bumper. Its most recently been covered in post 54....just a couple up from this with the pics of the gear-knob.

Good luck finding the right size pipe. I looked at doing that too. Not much space is there., unless you do some cutting / moving........

Good luck.

Thanks! I must have kissed that post last night. Yeah I was planning on taking it right into the front grill to get some cold air feed directly into it. I'll do some research and see what can be found. I took the bumper off last weekend while doing something else and came up with an idea where to run it.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Latest (Surprising to me) "progress" is i got made to look a little stupid on my private test track this morning.

Exiting my mock roundabout, firing up the straight and launching into the other roundabout i own.....i got made to look slightly silly by a de-badged White 58 plate Punto with twin exhausts on the left hand side.

Kept pace and out-handled me. The other driver looked smug. I didnt.

Reactions: Matt Scarbro