Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Ongoing improvements continue......some of this is routine stuff of course.

Elf Evolution 900 SXR went in today with a new oil filter. Not sure what the supplying garage put in when they did an engine service upon my purchase - but i SWEAR it sounds quieter. Considerably so infact !

I also had my garage re-bleed the brakes today. The say there 'might' have been air in one or both of the rears. Pedal feel firmed-up and improved in my eyes - is the bottom line :smile:

Also found a place with a promotion on yesterday for Air-Con recharging. (Mines not great) I'm booked in next Tuesday.....and the cost is £11.99 !!! Check that out :thumbsup:

And as all my 'bits had arrived - i came home and conjured up my "Shuv" cold-air feed. My god its tight for space in there !

IMG_4977%201_zpsz1b6v3pl.jpg

IMG_4976%201_zps6aotku6b.jpg

IMG_4975%201_zpsfoy773kx.jpg

Last edited:
Looks tidy that! Love the flashes of yellow everywhere.

Thanks pal :thumbup1:

Just wanted to look 'proper' with the yellow bits. I toyed with stickers / painting etc - but stuck to adding yellow as i go along modifying / adding / replacing bits to look semi-factory: not boy-racer !

Not sure i want too much more though.......

Glad that bleeding the brakes gave you that pedal feel that you were after :smile:

Good work with the cold air feed, any noticeable changes when driving??

Reactions: sevenfourate
Glad that bleeding the brakes gave you that pedal feel that you were after :smile:

Good work with the cold air feed, any noticeable changes when driving??

Now about to find out. Not in the best way possible.

Looking for another car for the wife. Hers was written off after the 'hit and run' fiasco..........

Sorry to hear that Shuv - even more hassle just because some knobcheese can't drive... Hope the search goes well mate and you get things sorted.

Wish I was as rich as im funny..would be cool:thumbup1:
Also 12 quid for the air con recharging is a great price..
Where did you get them yellow hoses from pls?

Air-con re-gassed tonight which was all ok.....i hope !

Went to drain system with their machine - nothing at all in there ! My brain immediately thinks "leak"..........

So as part of the cycle it then pressure tests for 20 minutes.....result = NO LEAKS !!! ??? So refills with 510g or 560g (Cant remember) and off i drive with ICE cold air :smile:

They said if it is a minor leak, they have some special leak sealer stuff they can put in; and have never had one back so far. Touch wood.

....convinced acoustic valve removal / carrying forward the airbox inlet to the front of the car has made a positive improvement to noise (Barely anything), torque (noticeable I think....) and I'm positive it's smoothed the running slightly too. Just feels a lot more 'snappy' between perhaps 2.5k and 4.5k.

But seat of the pants dyno aside - remap MK2 is in 12 days. That will tell all. Although with a few hundred miles under my belt now - I see no single negative reason not to do this.

So today was Engine Dynamics re-map MK2.

IMG_5105_zpsfint2koa.jpg

This visit coming about after "we" [Me and Andy] thought the results last time might have been swayed by the knock sensor picking up some vibration from the car, or engine / gearbox poly-bushes and retarding ignition / squirting in extra fuel as it detected the 'erroneous knocks' to protect the engine - which was why power and torque were slightly down on expected results; if there is such a thing.

Anyway. I believe Andy electronically took out the knock-sensor completely and hooked up some 3rd-party monitoring equipment and ran the car-up (While i fooked off into Brentwood on the train with the wife.lol) and sure as heck he added in some more timing to the mid-range....and detected no knock. So off he set tweaking the map again to see if he could squeeze a bit more out - safely !

Culmination is not only are both Torque and HP up (Now 158.4lb-ft and 198.9bhp respectively)........but this on an extremely hot day (31 degrees driving away from Engine Dynamics), but even more to the point its driving absolutely fantastic, and in terms of smoothness, how crisply it responds, in terms of pick-up low down the range.......there's as much difference and improvement from last map to now; as there was from standard to first map.

Very-very impressed. And very-very pleased.

With some good cold-air driving into its heart it might even be a true "200"......... :smile:

That's brilliant Shuv, really glad it has worked out so well for you! Sometimes things happen for a reason, so maybe having had your hand forced into getting a second map has been a blessing in disguise!

Either way, the fact that you're so happy with it is the most important thing - now enjoy! :smiley:

Brilliant dude! If its driving this good in this horrible hot weather, imagine how great it will feel with some nice cool air flowing through it :smile:

That's brilliant Shuv, really glad it has worked out so well for you! Sometimes things happen for a reason, so maybe having had your hand forced into getting a second map has been a blessing in disguise!

Either way, the fact that you're so happy with it is the most important thing - now enjoy! :smiley:

Cheers buddy.

"Our" hands weren't forced as such. But Andy is a perfectionist and i knew it wasn't 100% from what he was telling me. It was NEVER about extracting max power, it was about driveability and getting the car "right". Whatever that happened to end up as.

After reading on here about someone else getting dodgy readings regarding the knock-sensor and the poly-bushes, we were both keen to have another go. Andy as much as me - infact he rang me one Saturday morning ages ago quite excited i'd found a potential problem / solution as he was keen to get it on the rolling road again. Just happened it was a while until i could make it to him........

He was VERY gracious with what he charged me this time bearing the hours and hours he spent on it today; and even went so far as to say he was now "happy". And i get the impression he's quite anal and a hard man to please. Not that thats a bad thing....

Reactions: Jimmy
Brilliant dude! If its driving this good in this horrible hot weather, imagine how great it will feel with some nice cool air flowing through it :smile:

Absolutely Chris.

198.9bhp in 31 degrees (And Andy said he was having to compensate with some things due to the heat) is a truly great result.

Now wheres that fog ? lol