Sean's 197T - RIP Albi :(

NA clio bites the dust :french:
looks great but the video quality Sean..gotta get a proper gear next time you go...:tonguewink:

yeah it was taken on a phone. I would have used my Gopro but I forgot to charge it :tongueout:

Reactions: Pav
Nice one Sean, I enjoyed those! It does look an incredible place and I can see why you (and Kev) have raved about it so much! I think I'd have got giddy at seeing the flashing green panels like they have for the F1 :tearsofjoy:

And who doesn't enjoy some fine Scottish cursing :smile:

EDIT: Also, that speed difference to the NA Clio is a lot more than I thought it would be!

Last edited:
Did chuckle at the cursing! Can just hear you in a bad mood! Lol

Made me laugh too as I once used one of those words when someone cut me up in the works van & my driver's mate laughed & said "That's such an English swearword, no Scot uses that!" Apparently he was wrong!

What a great experience you had Sean, really pleased it went so well for you. I know we roll our eyes when Kev goes on about it ( :smiley: ) but I even get that excited feeling when I'm at Brands Hatch. A lot can be said for the feeling you get when faced with a big strip of tarmac surrounded by trees and grass, along with the history. It hits you even more when it's not a race weekend with the sheer scale of it.
Depending on where this year takes me, I'd be very interested in going next April with my gutless N/A - gives me the motivation to get it to some kind of track spec, especially with the versatility of the tyres!

What a great experience you had Sean, really pleased it went so well for you. I know we roll our eyes when Kev goes on about it ( :smiley: ) but I even get that excited feeling when I'm at Brands Hatch. A lot can be said for the feeling you get when faced with a big strip of tarmac surrounded by trees and grass, along with the history. It hits you even more when it's not a race weekend with the sheer scale of it.
Depending on where this year takes me, I'd be very interested in going next April with my gutless N/A - gives me the motivation to get it to some kind of track spec, especially with the versatility of the tyres!
PLAYGROUND THE BEST RIDE IN THE PARK

Reactions: Sean197
Nice one Sean, I enjoyed those! It does look an incredible place and I can see why you (and Kev) have raved about it so much! I think I'd have got giddy at seeing the flashing green panels like they have for the F1 :tearsofjoy:

And who doesn't enjoy some fine Scottish cursing :smile:

EDIT: Also, that speed difference to the NA Clio is a lot more than I thought it would be!
TOLD YOU SO PLAYGROUND IS THE BEST

Reactions: Sean197 and Jimmy

I'm not giving up on April myself yet mate. We can be the normally aspirated dudes pottering around & being mobile chicanes!

Great videos Sean. Nice and tidy driving from what I saw mate!

In that first video, what was the red car you were chasing?

Looked like a metro:grinning:

Great videos Sean. Nice and tidy driving from what I saw mate!

In that first video, what was the red car you were chasing?

Looked like a metro:grinning:

Yup, a Metro Rio Grande LOL although it had the 1.8 vvc engine fitted along with full cage and slicks, stripped interior and one bucket seat. It went like hell!

Yup, a Metro Rio Grande LOL although it had the 1.8 vvc engine fitted along with full cage and slicks, stripped interior and one bucket seat. It went like hell!

I was wondering if I could believe my eyes too! Had a Metro 1.4L cvt auto that I inherited when my mum died. Tbh I loved it for it's handling, a really under rated car, but was thinking "mine was never that fast" when watching your videos! In my defence I had a 750cc BMW motorcycle at the same time!

Few vids added. Apologies for the 'fruity' language lol

i'll put a few more up later when they've uploaded to youtube.

i had another look at that first video and although it's a ... ermm ... untidy lap (trying to be polite here), it's still timed at 3.07. that's about three seconds quicker than what i could manage yesterday. and it looks so effortless. so different to all the racket that goes on in a NA clio. :smile:

Reactions: Pav and Sean197
i had another look at that first video and although it's a ... ermm ... untidy lap (trying to be polite here), it's still timed at 3.07. that's about three seconds quicker than what i could manage yesterday. and it looks so effortless. so different to all the racket that goes on in a NA clio. :smile:

Haha cheers. My front brakes were juddering badly so I was trying to make up time by braking less! And bear in mind that was one of my first flying laps! Overall pretty pleased and can't wait to get back!

Reactions: Pav and peter

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sean197 Projects/Progress Threads 30
Pav Projects/Progress Threads 2657
B Spotted 0