Sean's 197T - RIP Albi :(

There was a twunt in a purple e92 who I had half a mind to punt off in Sector 2 as I was up his arse and he refused to pull over and let me through, then of course he'd pull away on the run to Blanchimont and think his car was 'faster'. I think me and 2 others reported him. Suppose you'll get that at any track though.

M Div. Syndrome.

Their indicators don't even work on track. :nomouth: I'm kidding. Kinda.

Reactions: Sean197
There was a twunt in a purple e92 who I had half a mind to punt off in Sector 2 as I was up his arse and he refused to pull over and let me through, then of course he'd pull away on the run to Blanchimont and think his car was 'faster'. I think me and 2 others reported him. Suppose you'll get that at any track though.

Think a lot of that is just being stubborn and not wanting to be overtaken by a Clio...

Think a lot of that is just being stubborn and not wanting to be overtaken by a Clio...

exactly. same happened to me last friday. a corvette blasted past me on the 'kemmel straight' and then braked very early into 'les combes', didn't let me through initially, but yielded when he understood i could brake much later into 'rivage'. never saw him again in the twisty middle sector.

Reactions: ///M and Sean197
I think that's what's called 'damning with faint praise' LOL Like I said, first time there (first track day in fact) with 50% brakes and sky-high inlet temps, I'm more than happy! I was there for the experience more than lap times! At least I've got a mark to beat next time though lol

once you get your brakes and temps sorted, i'm sure you could do a 3.00 lap without killing yourself.

i'm not too bothered by lap times. i really don't mind people being faster. i just use it as a reference to judge my own driving and what is possible with a (similar) clio on any given track. fun comes first, but if accompanied by 'fastish' laps, then it's a nice bonus. nobody wants to be called a plonker out there.

what i would really like to do, is put a professional racing driver (preferably a sensible one ...) in the clio and see what my car is capable of.

once you get your brakes and temps sorted, i'm sure you could do a 3.00 lap without killing yourself.

i'm not too bothered by lap times. i really don't mind people being faster. i just use it as a reference to judge my own driving and what is possible with a (similar) clio on any given track. fun comes first, but if accompanied by 'fastish' laps, then it's a nice bonus. nobody wants to be called a plonker out there.

what i would really like to do, is put a professional racing driver (preferably a sensible one ...) in the clio and see what my car is capable of.
I always remember the 6 hour drive home

Yeah it was a bit mental really. Fell asleep and started to dream I was driving, woke up and I was driving, on the M1. Pulled over for a kip then bashed on home.

Rather you than me mate. We went on to the 'ring from Spa the following day, but I stopped halfway up England on the return leg. Could never cat-nap in the car. That said @youngarthur drives from Spa to Thurso in one hit so I guess I'm just a wuss!

Reactions: Sean197

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sean197 Projects/Progress Threads 30
Pav Projects/Progress Threads 2657
B Spotted 0