Sean's 197T - RIP Albi :(

@Sean197, thanks for the feedback on the tyres. I have a spare set of wheels that I currently use for winter tyres & once I've worn this set out I want to get some more track orientated rubber on them. These sound just the job without breaking the bank. I can tell you're still buzzing from the Spa experience! I was exactly the same. As you say the whole atmosphere oozes the motor racing history of the place. It really is a special place to drive & I can't wait to go back myself.

@Sean197, thanks for the feedback on the tyres. I have a spare set of wheels that I currently use for winter tyres & once I've worn this set out I want to get some more track orientated rubber on them. These sound just the job without breaking the bank. I can tell you're still buzzing from the Spa experience! I was exactly the same. As you say the whole atmosphere oozes the motor racing history of the place. It really is a special place to drive & I can't wait to go back myself.
Glad you had such a good time..we all can sense the excitement from your posts..when are you going back to the land of Kev?

Planning to go back next April, with at least one track day in between. It'd be good to get some guys off here to meet up at Spa next year :smile: There was an M3 group, a 911 group, a supercar group and a shonky old Civic group, would be good to get a group of Clios together and show them how it's done :wink: @nutnutwelshman

Planning to go back next April, with at least one track day in between. It'd be good to get some guys off here to meet up at Spa next year :smile: There was an M3 group, a 911 group, a supercar group and a shonky old Civic group, would be good to get a group of Clios together and show them how it's done :wink: @nutnutwelshman
@Sean197 I've been trying for years to get the guys to go I would love a group of guys from 197net family.To have a few days away have a nice meal a few drinks bit of sightseeing too as soon as the dates go up I'll post I'll probably do 3 next year Sean

@Sean197 I've been trying for years to get the guys to go I would love a group of guys from 197net family.To have a few days away have a nice meal a few drinks bit of sightseeing too as soon as the dates go up I'll post I'll probably do 3 next year Sean

Yeah get a thread up when the April date goes up on Circuit Days, i'll definitely be there.

Reactions: tombate911
I'll do two circuit days and the RS day but as soon as April comes up I'll get it up

I'm definitely up for this, but it all hinges on my wife's eye operations being done. We're on 2 day's notice for her going in to hospital & there's 2 operations, one on each eye. We learned yesterday that currently they're booking people who had their consultation in 2015, though we were led to believe it could be October this year. Dunno how long between ops either. Life is slightly on hold until this is sorted as I can't be too far away when we get the call. A group trip to Spa would be something I'd love to do.

I'm definitely up for this, but it all hinges on my wife's eye operations being done. We're on 2 day's notice for her going in to hospital & there's 2 operations, one on each eye. We learned yesterday that currently they're booking people who had their consultation in 2015, though we were led to believe it could be October this year. Dunno how long between ops either. Life is slightly on hold until this is sorted as I can't be too far away when we get the call. A group trip to Spa would be something I'd love to do.

yeah no worries mate, completely understandable. I agree it'd be great to get a group day organised, a garage is only £150 and guys were easily fitting 6 cars in so not too bad.

i would love to..im very limited by half terms though...if the date is in the hols i would be up for it..

Same goes for me regarding School holidays but I'll keep and eye out for it or keep me posted! Got to be done soon

Sean really interested in how you got on with the khumo tyre's, used to really rate their road tyre's. Currently got my RSR's as summer tyre's but going to need to replace them after the next track day I think. How did the side Walls feel for a semi slick? What have you compared them against in term of proper track rubber/semi slicks?

Reactions: Sean197
Sean really interested in how you got on with the khumo tyre's, used to really rate their road tyre's. Currently got my RSR's as summer tyre's but going to need to replace them after the next track day I think. How did the side Walls feel for a semi slick? What have you compared them against in term of proper track rubber/semi slicks?

Admittedly this is the first set of 'proper' track tyres I've had, but these felt great. As I said, I'd be surprised if other tyres twice the price were twice as good. The sidewalls felt stiff, but in a good way i.e. no roll, even when cornering hard, they just gripped and kept gripping. A guy asked me if I was on slicks as he couldn't get near me in sector 2, and was amazed when I told him they were £66-a-corner Kumhos. I have the Kumho Ecsta Le Sports on my 'road' wheels, my second set of them, and was always pleased with them hence me going for their semi-slicks.

ARGH! I'm at work so can't watch these. And I'm away for the weekend so will probably be Sunday before I can watch.

I WANT TO THOUGH!!!

:smiley:

JUST LIKE A SUNDAY SCHOOL MEETING not a word out of place my little darlings.Arent the rumble strips
big at the end of the Kemmel straight
Looking good bud nice a tidy

Enjoyed those. You had perfect weather by the look of it. Makes me want to go back even more.

Cheers. Weather was great, steady 18 degrees all days. Made the track really grippy, but unfortunately it also made for some 'interesting' inlet and coolant temps... this meant that power was noticeably down on what it can run. Some bonnet vents are definitely on the cards for next time.
Also, the standard brakes had obviously left deposits on the new discs, meaning a massive judder under very hard braking, which subsequently meant having to brake more gently around 50-75 meters shorter than I would have liked to.

@Pav - the first vid shows the difference on the straight between a boosted Clio and a standard n/a Clio (I spoke to him later and he confirmed he was flat out).

NA clio bites the dust :french:
looks great but the video quality Sean..gotta get a proper gear next time you go...:tonguewink:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sean197 Projects/Progress Threads 30
Pav Projects/Progress Threads 2657
B Spotted 0