Sean's 197T - RIP Albi :(

Sean, says a lot about you mate that in the aftermath of all this your thoughts are straight away onto thinking about doing a better one! Hats off to you fella.

Having it on the driveway must be difficult but at least it won't be for too long.

Sean, says a lot about you mate that in the aftermath of all this your thoughts are straight away onto thinking about doing a better one! Hats off to you fella.

Having it on the driveway must be difficult but at least it won't be for too long.

Wasn't really a hard decision in all honesty. Sure, I'm gutted that Albi is gone, but I really did love the car and cars in general have always been a big part of my life and are basically my main hobby and passion, so it'd be rude not to build another one.
I've thought about mk2 golfs with 20v Turbo or Golf R engines, R53 Mini Cooper S's, and even a Zetec-Turbo'd Fiesta RS Turbo using Mondeo 4x4 running gear, but I'm always drawn back to the Clio. So the next one will be faster, handle better, and will be more track-orientated, much more of a toy now that I have a proper family car, which the Clio could never have been. Excited already!

Reactions: peter and Micah
Awesome Sean - will be even more of an animal next time round :smiley:

Bet your Mrs can't wait lol!

Her back is thankful of no more coilovers LOL I've already been told not to touch the golf, so I've had to delete the B16's, REVO map, and Rotiform wheels from my favourites :worried:
To be fair, she's said I can do what I like to the next Clio as she won't be going anywhere near it anyway haha

Wasn't really a hard decision in all honesty. Sure, I'm gutted that Albi is gone, but I really did love the car and cars in general have always been a big part of my life and are basically my main hobby and passion, so it'd be rude not to build another one.
I've thought about mk2 golfs with 20v Turbo or Golf R engines, R53 Mini Cooper S's, and even a Zetec-Turbo'd Fiesta RS Turbo using Mondeo 4x4 running gear, but I'm always drawn back to the Clio. So the next one will be faster, handle better, and will be more track-orientated, much more of a toy now that I have a proper family car, which the Clio could never have been. Excited already!

Excited for you mate!

And yeah, I'm sure having the daily has opened things up a lot!

Out of the list above, I'm VERY glad you're sticking with the Clio, and I'm certain that many others on here feel the same way. Selfishly, the worst thing about your accident was the possibility that you were not around on here anymore. Super pleased that's not the case!

Reactions: Sean197
Excited for you mate!

And yeah, I'm sure having the daily has opened things up a lot!

Out of the list above, I'm VERY glad you're sticking with the Clio, and I'm certain that many others on here feel the same way. Selfishly, the worst thing about your accident was the possibility that you were not around on here anymore. Super pleased that's not the case!

aw-shucks-youre-making-me-blush.jpg

I could never leave here, might mean I'd actually have to start doing some work during the day :wink:

What bits are you keeping

A few interior trim bits and pieces, steering wheel, brakes (possibly selling my MTech discs front and rear but the calipers are staying), 8J Speedlines, front right wing, spoiler, bonnet, and the front hubs. Everything else is off to be crushed.

As above, great to hear you're thinking to the future already Sean. Can't imagine how tough it must have been to have the remnants sat in front of your house like that :/ It's good you've got a replacement that's at least enjoyable, albeit not to the standards of the T :wink:

great donor car already Sean..a fully forged 250..should see some impressive figures if you do it right..fingers crossed mate...:thumb:

Reactions: Sean197

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sean197 Projects/Progress Threads 30
Pav Projects/Progress Threads 2657
B Spotted 0