RS Clio 200 Gordini - Center Box Removed Vid - Pg.25

bedford GT circuit is awesome . . . . .. i had lessons there. there is so much run off if you make a mistake.

Harry's Lap Timer Pro HD on the iPhone 4. Device is jailbroken, BT Stack GPS is installed to allow me to connect the phone to an external GPS bluetooth receiver and Harry's Lap Timer Pro pulls all the data from GPS. As well as the video overlay showing track layout and G-Force as well as lap timing.

The pictures above were exports from the software on the phone, one just a PDF which i captured an image from, and the other was a KML file which can be imported into Google Earth.

please tell me how u do this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I dont make any!! :wink: In all my track days since i started them back in 2003 i havent spun a car or been off track. :blush: And i drive very very hard.

Woody, ive also invested in mounts for the iPhone as well. Its not that hard to be honest. But you need to jailbreak your phone to get a decent GPS fix using an external receiver. You can use the tomtom gps receiver if you dont want to jailbreak your phone, but suction mounts are banned from all the tracks as you know. So its kind of pointless.

chm.gif

i_phone_tripod_mount.gif

B-Hague hardware. :smile: i Have the iPhone 4 version of that mount. They only picture the 3G version. The 12v socket in the Clio is ideally posisitoned for headrest mounts too. So i can constantly power the phone.

Last edited:
i almost binned mine at snetterton in the wet there is a straight known as the revett straight and I broke wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to late going into the esses lmfao thats when i realised i needed tuition :rofl:

Cool. Looks like you had a good day for it too!

I'm toying with the idea of screwing one of the iPhone4 mounts to the cowl of the radio display screen with a 3M gel pad inbetween to cushion. Depends how much a new one is for when it goes back. That way I can use it for Nav too.

Cheers Mike. Weather was great. Damp in the morning, but soon dried out in the sun.

You have to get Harrys Lap Timer Pro HD and JB the phone Mike. Coupled with an external GPS receiver its amazing. Far cheaper than getting a P-Box or anything like that too.

Cheers Mike. Weather was great. Damp in the morning, but soon dried out in the sun.

You have to get Harrys Lap Timer Pro HD and JB the phone Mike. Coupled with an external GPS receiver its amazing. Far cheaper than getting a P-Box or anything like that too.
Harry's lap timer works ok using the phone gps in my experience. Prefer the southwest layout at bedford.

Harry's lap timer works ok using the phone gps in my experience. Prefer the southwest layout at bedford.

I went out for a session without the external gps receiver. The video didnt split down per lap, and the lines were all over the shop for the gps tracking. Not smooth at all. 20 minutes of wasted video.

Was that with the headrest mount?

Yeah. I think it would be just about useable in the windscreen, but as suction mounts are banned i couldnt test that method. Still, the BT receiver was free from a friend, and the JB has been done to my phone 4x times now, so its all good. The tracking is very accurate to within 2ft with the external receiver. :drunk:

I was running this on my old 172, worked well with the 3gs. Not used the ip4 for video yet, so I'll be getting a similar setup, purely as I haven't jb'd it.
4442811613_e7d1fa0d74_b.jpg

Definitely worth the more accurate GPS tracking for the iPhone 4 video. There is no overlay available to put onto the video if the GPS isnt accurate enough, which is what happened with my 20 minute video. :worried:

Ive uploaded Oulton Park layout to Harry's Lap Timer now too so people can use it. Plan to put some more together for tracks that arent covered off on there.

web.jpg

Hi I'm Andrea from italy. Two days ago I ordered a brand new Clio Rs Gordini full optional:wink: The same colour :thumbup:
The seller tell me that the isofix are included but I Don't trust auto sellers.....
I also see that in France isofix are optional but in Italy i can't chose to have them so I hope that there are included.
I see this photo. Is there the scrip ISOFIX in black in the right and left seat? It seems to me too wide and i dont' see in your photo any hole.
I have them in my wife's Golf GTI but i have two black cap. In your photo it seems there is nothing. I only see these two little nameplates, and it seems to see the name Isofix......:wink: