Road tax increased!

Personally £10 per year more won't make me sell my car, not even start considering it. But as others have said, it is painful to drive your car on our roads after paying so much money for road tax..

Another few years and it'll plateau or drop anyway.

Look how little you can tax a Bugeye Impreza for now...

Strange, got my v11 last week and it says £270 but just went online to pay for it and its now £280! Not like £10 is breaking the bank but would have been nice to know

/Incoming rant

lol

You make it sound like the Clio is the only car it has increased on, it isn't. Did you not own a car before your Clio? It goes up most years on most cars.

Its life, the cost of living increases every year, it pretty much always has and unless something major happens it always will.

I hate paying it just as much as anyone else, all I'm saying is its hardly just sprung up on you. I taxed mine last week and knew with it being April the price on the letter wouldn't be what I'll actually pay, I was expecting an increase.

I moaned about it to the wife, just didn't feel the need to moan about it to the world as it achieves nothing.

Everythings going up, nothing can do about it!

Government need to get the money back and pay back. You should know who the blame, is the Labour borrow too much money in the past and peoples borrow alot of money and they never pay back! Stupid they never learn.

Ah right ok, so I am not allowed to post up about subjects that I feel strongly about because you or another member might not like it. Because according to you I feel the need to moan to the world. No one made you click this thread, you have a choice at the end of the day.

But again you miss the point, everyone has different circumstances however for me its another nail in the coffin for the 197 so was wondering if anyone else was having the same feelings and did not need to be told I should have known about it when I purchased my car. Lets see if you and others have the same views when its over £300 in a few years time.

There are other cars that are similar in running costs to the 197 and easier to live with for example take Arran and his MPS, very underrated car imo.

Unfortunately its a sad fact that we have to pay tax, I do however agree that it does seem a disproportionate amount that we have to pay. Surley a fairer system would be on the value of the car. I'm not totally convinced by this Co2 rating system we have.

sometimes it good to have a right good old ranting session....i have them regularly and sometimes to myself.....:zap:

road tax as usual is just one of those tools used by ANY government help them balance the books - just because it says road doesnt mean its for them :001_unsure:

The Vehicle Excise Duty should be spent on fixing our appalling roads, unfortunately its not and that's probably why they don't call it "Road Tax" anymore.

Unfortunately its a sad fact that we have to pay tax, I do however agree that it does seem a disproportionate amount that we have to pay. Surley a fairer system would be on the value of the car. I'm not totally convinced by this Co2 rating system we have.

Especially when diesels actually cause a vastly greater amount of local pollution through a combination of CO and soot, CO being very bad for your health and particularly lungs and very heavily linked with breathing disorders like asthma.

The way I see it, CO2 is just an easy target when put hand in hand with the global warming theory, sort of the 'silver bullet' of arguments as to argue against it would make you the villain.

It's more and more of a bitter taste given the state of the roads at the moment, which somehow seems to get worse each year.

co2 and fuel consumption are directly related ie a litre of petrol and diesel contain a certain amount of co2 and give this out when used as a fuel...

1 litre of petrol = 2.28kg co2

1 litre of diesel = 2.63kg co2

those are the figures i used when i was doing some work on alternative fuelled vehices for work...

Especially when diesels actually cause a vastly greater amount of local pollution through a combination of CO and soot, CO being very bad for your health and particularly lungs and very heavily linked with breathing disorders like asthma.

you forgot nox....also a big problem for diesel engines

Similar Thread Suggestions