Road tax increased!

Matt197

South West Rep
Just gone to renew my road tax or VED to find its now gone up :blink:

It's now £260! For a year or £143 for 6 months.

Really starting to feel the pinch, it's gone up every year almost. I remember when I first got my car it was £215 for a year.

When will it stop, I'm not paying £300 in a few years.

Anyone else finding it hard to justify keeping their car with everything going up?

Mines 137 for 6 months or 250 for 12 :s got the form here. Odd.

I find it hard and I live at home, work really need to give me a payrise asap

Mines 137 for 6 months or 250 for 12 :s got the form here. Odd.

I find it hard and I live at home, work really need to give me a payrise asap

That's what mine said, but if you go online and try and buy it you will find its gone up.

I wouldn't mind if they actually fixed some potholes with the money, I've had to get the 172s alignment done 3 times in 6 months due to some dirty big hole in the road.

No I'm not finding it difficult justifying keeping my car. The tax has only gone up a few quid if it is £143 for 6 months

Turns out mines gone up £5 too. I mean I know mine isn't expensive in comparison but it's the principle that gets me, sure road tax/ved shouldn't be priced according to the claimed emissions, and surely the amount of usage each vehicle get should be taken into consideration?

Rant over :smile:

Its' still one of the cheapest costs of running a vehilce though isn't it?

We chose these cars knowing the tax was high, can't really then moan about it being high can we?!

If you want a car with tax that won't go up, get one of the zero tax vehicles.

:blush: this might be the final straw for the 350z to push me back to the Clio. 350z is 280 g/km :worried:

£269.50 for six months
£490.00 for 12 months
£539 for 12 months if you buy in two 6 month installments...

goes up ever year near the budget automatically.....something they forget to tell poeple :coffee:

Its' still one of the cheapest costs of running a vehilce though isn't it?

We chose these cars knowing the tax was high, can't really then moan about it being high can we?!

If you want a car with tax that won't go up, get one of the zero tax vehicles.

/Incoming rant

Why can’t we moan? I have owned my car from new, it’s not like I have just purchased the car and then moaning about the running cost involved is it.

It might well be one of the cheapest costs involved in motoring but it still does not make it right that it goes up each year, it’s not like it’s used for anything good other than… (hmm save that for another day)

Put it this way it’s gone up £45 over the last four years, might not be allot to some people but to me it makes a big difference and what do we get back in return? The ability to drive our cars on **** roads that are falling apart because it’s down to the council tax money to upkeep the local roads!

My main point is its making me really think about my options, it’s not like the 197 is a special car to merit keep paying out more and more in VED each year imho. My brother has a Evo vi Tommi Makinen and he pays £215 a year.

That's what is annoying, the fact that when you bought the car, the tax was one rate and it keeps going up every year. And not by a little bit, by £10 EVERY YEAR. Which is a lot. My MPS is the same as the Clio.

I don't mind paying so much for tax as its expensive to run a nice car but with the state of the roads in aberdeen and surrounds areas this sticker might make a re-appearance.... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367005691.269506.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions