Road Rage...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
Seriously, why do people bother!?!

Why is it ever deemed a good idea to jump out of your vehicle and act like a t***!?!

It's not something I've ever suffered from, I accept the fact that people will make mistakes sometimes. Yeah it can be frustrating but that's how it is. It's probably frustrating for them too. I'm not adverse to giving someone a one-fingered-salute if they honk/flash me, but I'd certainly never do it first.

Just been up to pick my pads & pins up and on the way back I had some t*** jump out of his van. His works van, wearing his works uniform;

Now, coming over Barton Bridge (M60) I was in the outside lane with two trucks and a jeep ahead doing their usual 56MPH. There was this van around 50 feet back from me in the middle lane, doddling along at around 55-60MPH and there was nothing in the fast lane. I indicated to pull into the middle lane. Van stays where it is, bit too close for me to pull out so I stayed where I was and waited for him to flash/speed up/move into the EMPTY fast lane. He did neither. So, I'm there, indicating, slowing from 70-75MPH and catching the jeep and trucks quickly... When, the guy in the jeep slams on as we come over the brow of the bridge, because, I presume, he hadn't anticipated the low blinding sun.

I have two options now. Slam on, potentially hit the jeep (I'm about 75 feet behind at this point and catching) and potentially get crumpled from behind by some t*** in a Focus that's within a bonnets length of my bootlid. Or, go for the gap in front of the van, which admitidely would be close, but not dangerous.

I went for the gap, there was at least 30 feet between the back of me and the front of him. Close, yeah, closer than I was happy about but there was certainly enough room. In fact, he'd actually sped up as I started to pull out. Like I said, t***. He flashed, I held my hand up to say thanks. He beeped and flashed, I held my middle finger up and carried on my way.

Came off at the next juncton and he came screaming down alongside me (drivers side). I knew he was going to get out. So, I wound my window down. His mate had by this time opened the passenger door and was half out of the van, presumably to either help kick me in or grab hold of his daft mate. Angry Man runs round to my car. Conversation goes like this;

Angry Man; ''Oi, Prick!''
Me; (Bear in mind my window is down) ''Yes mate?''
Angy Man; ''Do you want to get out and stick your finger up!?!''
Me; (Laughing) ''You look like a right c***, look at all the cars behind you...''

The light were just changing, so whilst he thought about a response, I tootled off. His mate nearly fell out of the van laughing and some other guy in a truck behind him gave him a full 3 seconds of air horn magic. :clap:

Hope it ruined his Saturday. If you're that stressed on your way to work at 0930, you need a new job.

Anyone else ever been raged!?! That's the first time it's happened to me. :smiley:

Last edited:
Haha, what a pillock.

I drive a van for UPS, and no one can believe that I never get angry with anyone on the roads lol!

Haha, what a pillock.

I drive a van for UPS, and no one can believe that I never get angry with anyone on the roads lol!

I'm the same, I get annoyed with people but when faced with road rage it genuinely just makes me laugh (admitedly maybe not helping the situation).

I can't believe people take the opportunity to get so stressed about things, I have enough of that at work so I'm just going to sit here and laugh at you as you scream and wave your hands :smile:

It's ridculous isn't it!?!

Hahaha, yeah I don't think laughing helps matters sometimes but it certainly defused that for me this morning!!! :smile:

I drive for a living, I'm a glorified binman for a private recycling company and the amount of stress and anger you see on the roads throughout the week is amazing. People really shouldn't bother driving if it makes them that angry. We get the additional ''****ing binmen'' sort of attitude at us from some people (usually the self-important pen pusher type), but if people actually took the time to realise what we earn at our place and the fact that we all had to pay for our licence (apart form me, lucily work are paying for mine, circa £2500) then they might have a bit more respect. And the fact that like most people that have to deliver in city centre's, we're able to put a 22T truck through gaps that a lot of people wouldn't want to put their cars through!!!

Mike, I bet you get the same sort of ****ty attitude from people sometimes when you're delivering? Getting in their way blah blah blah, like you haven't got a job to do!!!

road rage is what spoil the roads. ROad rage people all think that they are Louis Hamilton or the Stig... and they know best. What they forgot is that first they were slow and making mistake when they first starting driving and usually they are the worse drivers. I had only once in all my year of driving had sort of road raga after some idiot was following my so close that if I had braked he will have been in my passenger side. He followed me up to where I lived and when I parked came out of is car to give me grief. Seeing him coming I winded down my window and started first which he got gob smacked has I was driving a french car at the time so was expecting retaliation (not what he got anyway !). He jumped back in his car and drove off. I was foaming but after a while had a right laugh about it. The only thing is that he came back on the night time to try to find me back with some of his friend, luckily, I wasn't there....
lucky escape.

I had it once, some bloke was following me up my ass, I pulled over into lane 1 and he pulled in behind me.

I got to the point of doing 40mph on the dual carriageway and still he sat up my ass. So i just thought, oh well and dropped it a few gears and left him.

About 500 yards up the road goes to a single carriageway, I was pootling along in between two lorries. All of a sudden I noticed this idiot in some pile of poo corsa had over taken the first lorry and once again sat up my ass.

Got to the traffic lights and all of a sudden I noticed the drive of the corsa got out. Came to my window and asked me why im driving like a dick. I was a little confused and due to the window only being open a slight amount he tried my door handle, the door was locked and then he started getting all angry.

Noticed he smelt of alcohol so as I pulled off and got him to follow me I phoned the Police and got him pulled over and breathalysed. Turned round at the roundabout and drove past him waving...

Funniest one I've had was on my way home from work, there was a clearly modified golf in the lane next to me and i thought he'd be up for some straight line fun. When I dropped a gear and pulled up alongside him, anybody would have thought I'd just called him a c***. He started swerving in front of me, slamming his brakes on giving me the knuckle shuffle, I was properly confused. Got alongside him again and I just laughed and disappeared off. Odd though...

Yeah I once got this from a taxi driver, I was on my way to work and giving a colleague a lift into work. The taxi cut in front of me and slammed his brakes on causing me to stop in the middle of the road. He came up to my window shouting and screaming, I wound it down looked at him and asked did he REALLY want me to get out of the car?! At this point he realised he was being a bit of a cock and that it was all a little bit petty to be fighting over. If I'm honest I'm a fairly small lad and he could have probably kicked my head in but I was a cocky 17 year old at the time lol

I hate people who tailgate with a passion. I dont get violent and would never even consider getting out of my car to threaten someone.

If I am doing the speed limit and they are sat 5 feet off my bumper, I gradually get slower and slower. They tend to drop back a little, at which point I resume to the speed limit. Try it, it works in most cases ! Dont let other drivers intimidate you on the road, if you are doing the limit, its them who are in the wrong.

only time i ever thought it was gonna kick off I wasnt even in a car. I was outside my showroom directing a collegue and this guy came down stradling both lanes, i stepped back as the guy was going too fast and he shouted something about me being an w@nk3r

I responded by shouting back about his size, being a big chap (not the tall kind). He replied by putting on the handbrake and getting out the car and asking me to repeat myself.

So brickin it i shouted it again in his face, he threatened to smash my head in then he was gonna go inside and make a formal complaint to my manager. I explained i was the manager (i was lying, I wasnt) and if he had something to say lets here it. He shook his head and got back in his car (old crappy Mondeo in doom blue) and drove off.

All my collegues were taken back as im the most chilled guy you've ever met. But truth be told my heart was racing and I was sure he was gonna swing for me. Wish I kept the CCTV footage, the guy was the size of a house. Was so pround of myself.

Think that should get through filter without and *****

If I am doing the speed limit and they are sat 5 feet off my bumper, I gradually get slower and slower. They tend to drop back a little, at which point I resume to the speed limit. Try it, it works in most cases ! Dont let other drivers intimidate you on the road, if you are doing the limit, its them who are in the wrong.

That is exactly what I do, it generally works.
I would never even dream of stopping and getting out of my car to threaten someone! :whatever:

I did take it a bit far once with someone when I stopped my car infront of someone elses car and made as if to be getting out (he was already pissed at me for driving at the speed limit while he tailgated me), watching the guy behind I waited till he got out of his car and was half way to mine and then drove off.

Stopped again however a meter or so further on as he'd turned back and got back to his car, at which point he set off towards my car again, and again I drove off.

I was in histerics driving off, I realise this is hardly mature behaviour but considering he'd thrown something at my car he's lucky I didn't get out :smile:

p.s this wasn't in my clio, generally my only reaction is laughing or a Jimmy Carr style rubbing of the eyes

Last edited:
I hate people who tailgate with a passion. I dont get violent and would never even consider getting out of my car to threaten someone.

I hate that too....I give my front windscreen washers extra welly if someone is behind me...the water goes over my car and onto their windscreen if they are that close...that slows them down too :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions