Victim of Road Rage

Tom

Platinum Member
It was about 6am and I was on the way for my pre-work gym session and I was in a 30 zone doing 30 when a brown Renault Espace came racing up to the back of me.
I, considerately (I thought anyway), sped up to 40 to hold him up a little less.

He continued to tail-gate me for about a minute before he started driving mostly on the wrong side of the road, looking to pass before he eventually did.

As he pulled back in front of me, he come mighty close to the front of my car and braked. I had already slowed down to around 30 by this point.

Angry and confused, mostly confused, I worded “w*nker” when he looked back in his rear view mirror at me.

He sped off, that was that.

Then, about 1 minute down the road, I find him sitting at an empty roundabout with his car at an angle, blocking the road.

I drive up the back of him and he gives me the w*nker hand gesture.

I do it back – he was – so sue me haha.

His next move was to get out of his car, stand in the road, and make arm gestures as if he wanted to fight me.

What... the... hell?!

He must have been around 50 years old and about 16-20 stone of fat so if I were the fighting type, he probably wouldn't have been able to hit me.

I sat there for a second and contemplated my options.

It was either:

1. Talk to the cave man through the window of my car – but I thought he could end up hitting it.
2. Get out of the car and speak to the cave man, risking a punch on the nose.
3. Drive off.

I took the third option, shook my head made a “you're an idiot face” and went around him, and the wrong way around a roundabout, as he left me no choice on route.
So, to summarise so far, he was in such a rush he nearly nailed me, yet found the time to wait for me, get out of his car and offer to fight me. I'm guessing he had found so much time from his Vettel style pass that he saved enough time to factor in a good fight and any pre-fight banter.

Anyway, I'm 5 minutes away, driving down a 50 at about 55 before he comes steaming up the back of me again. Seriously, he must of broke a tonne to catch me like he did.

This time, I slowed right down without breaking to about 40mph and let him pass.

He did the same again – swung in and braked hard whilst waving his hands before speeding off.

This was 6am.

6am!!!

What an absolute bell end. I've never experienced anything like that before. It's like something from TV. It all feels so surreal in retrospect and as it was happening, everything moved so quickly.

There are some right knobs on the road, but he's my favourite so far.

Apologies for any typos/bad English, I'm still a tad worked up.

Thought it was worth sharing.

You should have went to get out of your car to see his reaction.

I did this to a Audi w@nk a couple of weeks ago after he pulled out in front of me at a junction. I gave him the w@nker sign and he stopped in the middle of the road gesturing back to me from his car. So I stuck on the handbrake, clicked the seatbelt off and opened the door a touch and he sped of like a scared little girl with his tail between his legs.

Lights at the end of the road were on red so I caught up with him and pulled alongside (As I was turning left, he was going right) and wound down my window, he sat there avoiding eye contact clearly bricking himself lol.

The thing is. I've never been in a fight in my life and wasnt about to get into one, it was just funny to see him sh!t himself lol.

must have had a bad night shift.....

i wouldnt have sped up in a 40...just let them overtake you/me

theres a few 30mph on the way to a friends and i stick to the speed limit but its shocking how many drive at 40 in a 30 and 40 in a 60 and 70 zone....:swear:

I had a situation a few years back. Cleanly went around someone on a two lane carriage way and then indicated left and made the maneuvore with plenty of room I front of what I can only describe as an utter muppet in a Range Rover. He didn't take too kindly to this as about 100m up the road the two lanes become one. Just as it becomes a single lane road he speeds pasts me cuts in front of me and slams on his brakes so hard it forces me to do an emergency stop pretty much. I was so close to hitting his bumper! He hops out the car extremely quickly and he was a big guy. 6ft + and easily carrying 17st on him. Now for me being a 5ft 8 short arse I didn't like the look of it. I crack the window about 3 and a half inches to hear what he has to say and without any hesitation he trips to jab me. I just slowly rocked my head to the side so as to avoid this plebs attempt at hitting me.

Put it I'm reverse and drove off. All the while his misses was hanging out the window screaming " You effing w@nker ! "

Still remember his number plate to this day :smiley:

What a ****, but you did the right thing Tom..

Although saying that I wouldn't have let him pass, I'd have sped up when he was by my side and kept him there but then I'm childish like that.

People like that think they own the road, they'll never get their commupance but they deserve to be run over with their own car tbh

I had a situation a few years back. Cleanly went around someone on a two lane carriage way and then indicated left and made the maneuvore with plenty of room I front of what I can only describe as an utter muppet in a Range Rover. He didn't take too kindly to this as about 100m up the road the two lanes become one. Just as it becomes a single lane road he speeds pasts me cuts in front of me and slams on his brakes so hard it forces me to do an emergency stop pretty much. I was so close to hitting his bumper! He hops out the car extremely quickly and he was a big guy. 6ft + and easily carrying 17st on him. Now for me being a 5ft 8 short arse I didn't like the look of it. I crack the window about 3 and a half inches to hear what he has to say and without any hesitation he trips to jab me. I just slowly rocked my head to the side so as to avoid this plebs attempt at hitting me.

Put it I'm reverse and drove off. All the while his misses was hanging out the window screaming " You effing w@nker ! "

Still remember his number plate to this day :smiley:

And the number plate is..... Name and shame him

I love a bit of 'rage in the morning.

Gets you in the mood for taking no **** for the rest of the day.

You should of got out and just ran laps round him. would of knackered the poor bloke out trying to get you hehehe. Im weirdly looking forward to my first episode of this.

I still remember the phonecall i got when a bloke did this to my misses, got out, and started shouting at her through the window, then someone behind got out and argued with him as he was in the wrong..

I used to get it all the time when I had th R26, I think it was the fact it was bright yellow and covered in F1 sticker that everyone thought I was a nob.

A few weeks ago I over took a Astra on my way home from work totally league over take they where doing 45ish in a 60 I just went straight round them ( this was about 12:30 am ) next thing I no they speed up there 1.4 Astra and ar flashing lights and all over my chuff box. Well me being a nice clam person waited till I could box them in and slamed on the brakes and got out to have a quiet word. Turns out it was a woman in her 60's !!

I still have no clue what her problem was.

Top man Tom, walking away takes far more than getting out your car.

Personally I never speed up and just stick to the limit and even slow down a bit.

Tom you need to go to the Police just in case you see him again

This, if you have his plate.

Have to admit I've had this too a long time ago, however I I'd driven past the person who stopped like this so I was in front and then pretended to start getting out. As they'd jumped out and dragged their knuckles half way between cars I just booted it... amazingly they fell for it not once but twice!

What a mong! :smiley:

Could of just driven off I admit but I'm just not that mature ....

These days I have a strong Mongdar (mong radar), and just leave them to it.

This, if you have his plate.

Have to admit I've had this too a long time ago, however I I'd driven past the person who stopped like this so I was in front and then pretended to start getting out. As they'd jumped out and dragged their knuckles half way between cars I just booted it... amazingly they fell for it not once but twice!

What a mong! :smiley:

Could of just driven off I admit but I'm just not that mature ....

These days I have a strong Mongdar (mong radar), and just leave them to it.

Mate to be honest with the size of you if you did out of the car am sure whoever was driving would just lay a brick in there pants