Retro-fit RS Monitor

Personally I will be doing this to have every factory option ticked. It won't be until after Christmas so I hope you get it done before so I know it's possible :wink:

I'm a little confused now, i've read the twingo thread but unsure if it can be fitted to cup models.

I assume with litchy doing it it can be done, what do renault have to reprogramme? how much will it cost? will my head explode?:bye2:

Have you priced the monitor yet?

I assume with litchy doing it it can be done, what do renault have to reprogramme? how much will it cost? will my head explode?:bye2:[/QUOTE]

Spoke with my genius auto electrician SteveC (members name on here) and he recons not a problem. Renault are soo simplistic in there approach to most things electrical. They spend all their money on engines and chassis. If it was that difficult, was was the RS Monitor upgrade so cheap from new?

My understanding of how to retrofit it is this...

1; Buy the parts.
2; Plug them all in.
3; Magic happens beyond the understanding of mere mortals like me and the screen lights up.

I do no get on with electronics. I'm sure it's possible though. A few years ago people said you'd never get a 225/230 engine in a Clio. A few months ago people said that you'd never get a 250 engine in a Clio... Hasn't some somebody on here retrofitted the TomTom? Can't be too different to doing that surely...

If Steve can't do it then it can't be done. :thumbsup:

My understanding of how to retrofit it is this...

1; Buy the parts.
2; Plug them all in.
3; Magic happens beyond the understanding of mere mortals like me and the screen lights up.

I do no get on with electronics. I'm sure it's possible though. A few years ago people said you'd never get a 225/230 engine in a Clio. A few months ago people said that you'd never get a 250 engine in a Clio... Hasn't some somebody on here retrofitted the TomTom? Can't be too different to doing that surely...

If Steve can't do it then it can't be done. :thumbsup:

Agree about Steve....He's absolute genius. Only magic is the need to tell the ecu, that you've just fitted a new monitor.....

can you not fit the 250/65 to get the throttle mapping as well though? as opposed to the clio one?

How much does it cost to buy the Rs monitor and just simply fit it into my 200?

can you not fit the 250/65 to get the throttle mapping as well though? as opposed to the clio one?

How much does it cost to buy the Rs monitor and just simply fit it into my 200?

Nah, throttle mapping is just a fancy sprint booster. Me and SteveC are working on a fancy new sprintbooster that you can adjust the through response

Also if your interested Syeve C going to offer a retrofit RS monitor for 197/200

Nah, throttle mapping is just a fancy sprint booster. Me and SteveC are working on a fancy new sprintbooster that you can adjust the through response

Also if your interested Syeve C going to offer a retrofit RS monitor for 197/200

Does the new sprint booster you're working on need a proper sprint booster to build on or is it entirely new?

Does the new sprint booster you're working on need a proper sprint booster to build on or is it entirely new?
No it will be entirely new and have no sprint booster parts as such just the same type of theory but actually be able to control the throttle response

R.S Monitor

Hi all :smile:

I know there has been another thread on this a few months ago, but there's just one question I'd like to know about it.

Can you buy the R.S monitor and have it fitted, as in 'upgrade' to it.

Direct fit into the dash?

Thank you

Gez