Retro-fit RS Monitor

Speak to SteC, he was working on a retrofit RS Monitor. I'm sure he'll be able to point you in the right direction.

I can't find a price for the actual monitor either? Any ideas chaps?

Thank you
:smile:

Its easyily doable, we did it plenty of times. A Guy i know who owns a Renault Dealership figured out how to do it, its a few minute Job just.

Get the R.S. Monitor as Sparepart, change the Unit with the original one.

Then you have to activate it over the CLIP Renault Service Programme over CAN Bus. Done.

I'd be really interested in knowing how to do this, where can you get the monitor or would it be easier to get one from the Karl?

If I bought one, how easy is it to get hold of the CLIP programme to get it to work?

Sorry, can someone give me the info on how easy it is to get the monitor programmed.
This will be my next mod I think

How would it actually be controlled? From my (admittedly limited) knowledge the monitor is controlled from a its own stalk on the steering column.

Normal wiper stalk. Hold two buttons on the end to enter monitor mode. Tbh I couldn't ever see me using it. Some of the lads use there phone and an obd reader. Much simpler

Yeah I know there's simpler ways, but I think it's a nice extra to have built i.

So if I buy one, where would I get the programme to set it up and get it working? Price to set it up?

Sorry to bring up an old post.

But did anyone gather any more knowledge on this?

Or even manage to do it?

I know it may be useless as the phone app RS Monitor does the same thing, but if the unit itself was around £100 and all built in i would love to have it done.

What happened to this Steve bloke who was going to have a go?

Thanks

I'd be having it done too if there's more knowledge on doing it.

Can't beat a bit more extra's in the car lol

Exactly mate.

Even if some say its just a gimmick, its a gimmick i would of bought if i would of bought new.

But just couldnt find a car in budget that was the correct spec with an RS Monitor.

On the plus side, for £100 or so might just make the next person buying your car chose it above another.