Retro-fit RS Monitor

This is my stereo. Not sure what type it is just assume its the basic 200 one

file_zps0173e96f.gif

So is the monitor the actual display screen itself? This just swaps straight over to the existing 200FF loom?

Is CLIP a dealer only thing or can indipemdant a do it?

I've done the upgrade on my 200, you need bt radio and the new screen, and some programming by CLIP - which is dealer software

I have that head unit with Bluetooth and USB etc, does it come with the right display and can it be updated to rs monitor?
Ian.

I have that head unit with Bluetooth and USB etc, does it come with the right display and can it be updated to rs monitor?
Ian.

No, the RS Monitor needs another Display Unit than the BT One. But you dont need the BT HU to use the RS Monitor.

My 200 has BT & even has the RS monitor operating details in the owners manual but i don't have the RS monitor.
Im in OZ & the dealers here have no idea so looking to source it elsewhere & then the fun of trying to get it reprogrammed.
Where is the best place to obtain the RS monitor display unit ?

My 200 has BT & even has the RS monitor operating details in the owners manual but i don't have the RS monitor.
Im in OZ & the dealers here have no idea so looking to source it elsewhere & then the fun of trying to get it reprogrammed.
Where is the best place to obtain the RS monitor display unit ?

Anyone ?

Just to bump this with a potentially daft question.
If i fitted the screen and went to the dealers to get it programmed on the CLIP, how much would it cost and would they actually do it and would they actually be clued up on what needs to be done?

Just to bump this with a potentially daft question.
If i fitted the screen and went to the dealers to get it programmed on the CLIP, how much would it cost and would they actually do it and would they actually be clued up on what needs to be done?

It takes about 5 minutes to do it, but they dont know how to do it. There may be some who do, but i wouldnt rely on that.