Renault Sport Clio 197 Racing Red

Dont the police give you problems over there with the racing you do? over here we wouldnt be able to get away with it??

They don't - much. :001_rolleyes:

I've bought my 197 to race, not to show off with the mods I would newer use or with my skill of detailing. I don't mean anyone specific - just saying. :thumbup1:

Nearest track is 150 km away and one track day is 100-150Eur. Average wage in CRO is 500Eur. And you have to include 3 tanks of gas (1.5 just to get to Grobnik, Rijeka and back to Zagreb) - 1 tank is 60Eur = 180Eur , something to eat 20Eur, and if your tyres are worn out they would need a change afterwards because of the abrasive asphalt on the Grobnik racetrack but I won't calculate that in = 150Eur + 180Eur + 20Eur = 350Eur for a single day and max 50 laps (you can do 20-30 fast ones).

For me, as a student of Economics, that's pretty expensive. When I pay the loan and gas for the car I'm left with 200Eur for the whole month.

The mods I've got were all financed by my good (or I should call it great) investment in my portfolio. I got 800Eur back from my College because I'm a straight A student, and then I've invested them into some shares/stocks here in Croatia - I had a bit of luck to invest when it was low, and to sell when it was ~220% higher (bought some shares for 66Eur per share and sold them at 142Eur per share). :smiley:

I know about the dangers and consequences that our behaviour can cause ;/ - but we don't have an alternative - if our major or someone at the government gave us 2-3km long road with 10Eur per car entrance fee and a disclamer to sign - you wouldn't see any movies like that anymore.

Last edited:
cool fella there used to be alot of street racing over here but it seems to have died of abit unless its gone more underground and not many people know about it? have you ever been done by the police?

If you go to Grobnik you'll surely need new tyres :tongueout: 2008 we had an Alfa meet on Grobnik and we only had the track for one hour.

Look what can happen if you're really driving hard (just some laps cause first we took a picture and then there were lots of ppl on the track and after 20-30min the track cleared and the drivers started to push their cars).

Iirc this is after 30min driving like you stole it
2eggxuh.jpg

The nearest track to me is Raceland - a gokart track :thumbdown: not enough space to get the Clio even to 3rd gear lol :lol:

cool fella there used to be alot of street racing over here but it seems to have died of abit unless its gone more underground and not many people know about it? have you ever been done by the police?

The strangest thing is - I have never been done by the police while street racing - but I was once by a Multinova camera when I was cruising 90 km/h in 6th gear...:@ :lol:

Oh, I was once stopped, not so long ago while street racing - by the local patrol - they asked me/us not to street race while they are here and to be on the lookout for the undercover highway patrol officers. We have obeyed their orders, and continued racing after they've left. There are some decent police officers after all - some of them understand us...and some of them ARE US. :001_rolleyes:

Once we've helped to apprehend a thief chased by the Police...a long and a very funny story...yesterday we were witnesses to a attempted burglary in one shopping mall on which parking lot we meet - the Police said we've chased them...so I/we have/had some good and some bad experiences with the Police.

Last time I was stopped by the Police saying that I did 125km/h, when indeed I did 90km/h in 6th gear and had 4 witnesses (2 in my car and 2 in the other one) - they wrote me a ticket - but the ticket was dropped as soon as I've put in a complaint...there are all the kind of Police officers arround.

If you go to Grobnik you'll surely need new tyres :tongueout: 2008 we had an Alfa meet on Grobnik and we only had the track for one hour.

Look what can happen if you're really driving hard (just some laps cause first we took a picture and then there were lots of ppl on the track and after 20-30min the track cleared and the drivers started to push their cars).

The nearest track to me is Raceland - a gokart track :thumbdown: not enough space to get the Clio even to 3rd gear lol :lol:

I know that - that's what I'm talking about.

BTW: Don't go to the Raceland - the fastest gokarts are slower than here in Zagreb. Call me - we'll have a good time here in Zagreb/Spansko. :thumbup:

I have some connections there given in mind i was a junior champion in karting. :thumbup1:

I know that - that's what I'm talking about.

BTW: Don't go to the Raceland - the fastest gokarts are slower than here in Zagreb. Call me - we'll have a good time here in Zagreb/Spansko. :thumbup:

I have some connections there given in mind i was a junior champion in karting. :thumbup1:

Lol m8 I have driven a gokart only once in my life :tongueout: I know that the gokarts are rubbish on Raceland and tbh some are faster than others :thumbdown:

I'll go there to "race" with my Clio. It's the only track near me that's not 300-400km in one direction although it's made for gokarts etc. But for 20-30€ per speedday I can go round it for 4-5 hours and the tyres aren't destroyed, the gas-station is near (not like Grobnik and you don't wanna buy fuel there lol),....

From my point a trackday for me would cost as much as a 2 week holiday in Croatia :closedeyes:

Lol m8 I have driven a gokart only once in my life :tongueout: I know that the gokarts are rubbish on Raceland and tbh some are faster than others :thumbdown:

I'll go there to "race" with my Clio. It's the only track near me that's not 300-400km in one direction although it's made for gokarts etc. But for 20-30€ per speedday I can go round it for 4-5 hours and the tyres aren't destroyed, the gas-station is near (not like Grobnik and you don't wanna buy fuel there lol),....

From my point a trackday for me would cost as much as a 2 week holiday in Croatia :closedeyes:

True...true...ppl don't realise how much money are a couple of track days given in mind the low wages in Croatia.

god damn is fast! I'm impressed how quick actually is! and your film's...keep on doing!

pozdrav iz slovenije! :wink:

raptor6767 in your rolling race against the A8,and bmw 740 which gear were you using? 1st or 2nd?

Arun said it all - it was in 2nd gear around 4000-4300rpm.

god damn is fast! I'm impressed how quick actually is! and your film's...keep on doing!

pozdrav iz slovenije! :wink:

Tnx!

I've mentioned Ozi that we should organize a meet on SLO or in CRO - maybe with the ppl from Italy too?

Jebačka poza :tongueout::lol:

HAHAHA...budalo...:lol::thumbup1:

damn, that octavia is quick! did you try octavia vs. megane? without 3 other people in megane? I thought it would be quicker...you really know how to drive your car