Renault Sport Clio 197 Racing Red

Jajca :-p:biggrin:

ps. which car was the one in the second movie who was filming?

Clio 172: ITB, forged internals, cams, ViPEC SA,...220bhp, 980kg.

P.S. Oh, and I've just tried out with the stock R26 from rolling start (50 & 60km/h @ 2nd gear) - I'm faster by the hood's length.

sorry I meant CAT, catalytic converter

Because of the flat spot - I've started tuning my 197 because of the lack of power @ <4500rpm - and with the decat I would loose some extra torque @ 2500-3000rpm. At least I've read that - didn't want to take that chance.

witch cams rap? catcams or other? when you fit them?

:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

Catcams - like everyone's else's - 5504402. :lol:

2.gif

When will I fit them? Uhhh...that's a good question - I had a real adventure with them: ordered them in June, they got here 3 weeks later - but unfortunately they were faulty - then they had to be removed - and then I've got some new ones - they are in my garage for a couple of months now - my mechanic doesn't have some spare time, and when he does I'm usually too busy to leave the car...damn...

Hopefully - in the mid February...

Last edited:
Because of the flat spot - I've started tuning my 197 because of the lack of power @ <4500rpm - and with the decat I would loose some extra torque @ 2500-3000rpm. At least I've read that - didn't want to take that chance.

Catcams - like everyone's else's - 5504402. :lol:

When will I fit them? Uhhh...that's a good question - I had a real adventure with them: ordered them in June, they got here 3 weeks later - but unfortunately they were faulty - then they had to be removed - and then I've got some new ones - they are in my garage for a couple of months now - my mechanic doesn't have some spare time, and when he does I'm usually too busy to leave the car...damn...

Hopefully - in the mid February...

faulty...:angry::angry: but you fitted them and you realize the fault or before to fit them?:mellow:

raptor, how did you do your engine break-in? the manufacturer way, or the redline way?

First 1000km <3000rpm but acceleration with 30% throttle

Than every 250km 1000rpm+

1250km = 4000rpm
1500km = 5000rpm
1750km = 6000rpm
2000km = 7000rpm

First oil change @ 5000km (Motul 300V 5W40)
Second oil change @ 10 000km (Motul 300V 5W40)
Third oil change @ 20 000km (Motul 300V 5W40)
Fourth oil change @ 30 000km (Motul 300V 5W40) - due this weekend.

Clio 197 (Stage II) & Clio 197 (stock)

Clio-197---Miltek--V6-airbox--li-1.gif

Clio 197 (Stage II) & Clio 197 (Stage I: Miltek, K&N panel filter & remap)

Clio-197---Miltek--V6-airbox--li-2.gif

Clio 197 (Stage II: Miltek, V6 airbox with KTR panel filter, lightweight flywheel <5kg, remap but not for the airbox)

Clio-197---Miltek--V6-airbox--light.gif

Tyre pressure 2.1bar front.

Please, do take in consideration that this remap is the original one - the one originally made just for the Miltek & the K&N panel filter - if I did a new one I believe some parts of the torque curve would be better. I'm waiting for the cams to be installed and then to do the remap.

Kevo - that 200.5bhp was only with the cams & the remap or you had some other mods as well?

Last edited:
Fitted cams yesterday - everything is OK.

In the best case scenario car is fast as it used to be - HAVE TO REMAP THE CAR. Will do it next week.