Rear Camber query

fano45

Paid Member
Hi Guys

Been to an alignment centre recently and they measured and gave me the following.

Current Rear Toe Settings:
Left: -0.3mm (-0,03degrees) Right: +1.8mm (0,2degrees)

Current Rear Camber Settings:
Left: -01.84degrees Right: -01.29degrees

According to a Renault the rear settings should be:

Renault Rear Toe Settings - got off this forum
-0degree 31minutes +-30minutes

Renault Rear Camber Settings- got off this forum
-1Degree33minutes +-20minutes

Now my questions is if my values are this far out how can it be adjusted if the rear settings are non-adjustable?
And 2nd how can it be this far out to begin with.

NB: no accident damage

Please feel free to crit if my understanding is wrong because i am very confused on this matter.

Im also very interested in this theme cause my KW CS should be fitted end of this month, and read that nothing is adjustable...but also in the german community some have those strange data...how does this come ?

Also somebody got a BRAND NEW car which really drive very bad he sayed, took it to the dealer and they found out that the rear axle is completely "bent" and he got a new one.

Also many of the members complain of a bumby rear while hard braking. (thank god I dont have it).
Also on really hard use, my car is very stable, and its very important that the camber/toe...is set up correctly only then the car is stable whilst hard braking.

Having a perfectly straight rear axle is a matter of luck on cars with a torsion beam, like the Clio.

This is why the tolerances are so big (half a degree on each side!).

On my 200, the rear left wheel has a toe in of 3-5' of a degree (1 degree = 60 minutes) and the right wheel was at 20'. I was able to even this out a bit using Renaultsport shims, they are metal plates that go in between the axle and the stub and allow adjusting both toe in and camber.

Could you perhaps help us out with a link to these shims you speak of? Reason for my concern is that the alignment centre told me the rear axle is so far out that it might need to be pumped straight. I was like no thanks.

ok so after more searching and more calculation i came up with the following.
first problem was i have been comparing apples with bananas. converted all figures directly to degrees and this is the results. rounded to 2decimal places

Current Rear Toe Settings:
Left: -0.02degrees Right: +0.12degrees

Current Rear Camber Settings:
Left: -01.84degrees Right: -01.29degrees

-0.52degrees with a tolerance of +-0.5degrees which means the acceptable Toe range
-0.02 and -1.02.

Renault Rear Camber Settings - got off this forum
-1.55degrees with a tolerance of +-0.33degrees which means the acceptable Camber range is:
-1.22 and -1.88

So all in all i'm only out of range by -0.14degrees of rear Toe on the RR wheel.

No need to pump anything straight. thanks Tchalikias for pointing out the huge tolerances which i didn't take into account initially.

Last edited:

-0.52degrees with a tolerance of +-0.5degrees which means the acceptable Toe range
-0.02 and +1.02 -0.92 to -0.02

Renault Rear Camber Settings - got off this forum
-1.55degrees with a tolerance of +-0.33degrees which means the acceptable Camber range is:
-1.22 and -1.88

so all in all i'm only out of range by -0.08degrees of rear camber on the RR wheel and -0.01 degrees rear toe on the LR wheel.

no need to pump anything straight. thanks Tchalikias for pointing out the huge tolerances which i didn't take into account initially.

I think you need to check your plus's and minus's

If I've read your recommended settings then your rear right toe is out of spec too. Highlighted the dodgy tollerance above in red.

Also found some different recommended settings here: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15699

You right there BenW honest mistake. Edited it accordingly
That thread you posted BenW is in respect of Front Wheel settings.

Last edited:
there may be a slight bit of "adjustment" by unbolting the rear axle main mounting points and moving it a touch with the bolt holes etc

but that mass production for you - just thrown on and bolted up on the production line :thumb1:

there may be a slight bit of "adjustment" by unbolting the rear axle main mounting points and moving it a touch with the bolt holes etc

but that mass production for you - just thrown on and bolted up on the production line :thumb1:

Are these cars mass produced like you say, the pics i see from the factory tours they look more, not hand made but not production line mass produced.

This doesn't really work on the Clio III, there is almost no amount of play and even if you do manage to make a slight adjustment it will be lost after the first few kilometers as the axle gets bumped around...