Rattles

Tell you what, is it just me or does EVERYTHING in these cars rattle or what!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its going to drive me to insanity! Im going to end up throwing all the interior into the garage and getting a cage!

Lol. Should try it with KW Clubsports.

Our back bench does my nut in. Constant squeak.

savage! my A pillars seem to creak on the dash and theres one from somewhere around the passenger door area!

Same with the door, although I have it on the drivers side. If I apply pressure to the door with my elbow it the rattle goes away.

Also have an intermittent squeek that comes from the very front of the dashboard where it meets the windscreen on the drivers side. When I say intermittent it lasts about a week then disappears for a few months.

It's French, of course it will rattle! I'd be more worried if it didn't!

Amen! My 106 gti was a nightmare! I had everything in and out numerous times to try and stop it. In the end i adopted the normal french car owner thing of turning the stereo up.

Haha Angel i have that one on the door card.

The recaros creak, oh and also the housing for the indicator stalks etc. That creaks on its mounts on the column

The KWs, spacers and bolts rattle in the boot...maybe i should get round to just fitting them?

Last edited:
Same with the door, although I have it on the drivers side. If I apply pressure to the door with my elbow it the rattle goes away.

Also have an intermittent squeek that comes from the very front of the dashboard where it meets the windscreen on the drivers side. When I say intermittent it lasts about a week then disappears for a few months.

I have the door one on both sides, but again it's very intermittent. I also get a squeak from the seat belt roller think in the B-pillar. I can make it go away by pulling the seatbelt to lock it and then holding it for 10 seconds or so.

My rattles come from the doors, BOTH OF THEM! I keep saying I'm going to take them out, but I know that it wont fix it, if anything it'll probably just make them worse :smiley:

I do often think of taking them out and filling them with dynomat and some new speakers. might not fix the rattle but should at least be able to get some volume out the stereo!

I have such an annoying rattle coming from my passenger door, I think it's one of ye plastic rivets holding it in place, going to investigate again on Sunday !

Seen as we're moaning about rattles.

I have one coming from the rear right passenger side that I will be attempting to exterminate this weekend.

Its driving me do-laly

I have a moaning sound when I floor it, sometimes it even comes with a thump.. Funny thing is it only happens when Caroline is in the car. :rofl:

I have a moaning sound when I floor it, sometimes it even comes with a thump.. Funny thing is it only happens when Caroline is in the car. :rofl:

I drove up to Manchester with a pal of mine and she kept giving me the prolonged

"Jaaaack......slow down please"

Killjoys