Renault Rattles

I Have had the common 'boot clunk / rattle' that a few people seem to have when pulling away/changing gear since owning over the last few weeks, so decided to attack it after work today! Found what you see in the picture.... So straightened it up and moved it back and seems to be okay now on quick drive round the block!!

The door trims also seem to rattle and vibrate a bit too?! Anyone else have this problem? Or am I being fussy lol, guess its the hard suspension?!

Does anyone know how to take the door trim off? Or how to stop it?!

Need more exhaust noise and less plastic scratching in my life :-p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 96
I'd adjusted mine a while back and thought it had started again a few weeks ago.

Turned out to be the diffuser loose on one side.

One of my door cards has a slight vibration theres something else that buzzes at about 40mph but i've not found whats causing that yet.

I just turn the stereo up a bit. oh and i've got what i assume is a sticking rear pad just starting but only in a straight line.

Rich, I am going to do some hunting for the ominous clunking from the boot tomorrow. What is that bolt you have a photo of? Where is it so I can check if that's what it is on mine. Sounds like it worked for you! I'll check the diffuser as you have done too, Tech.

Yeah these cars do develop intermittent rattles - there's some vibrating plastic near the rear window for me. Can't quite hear where it's coming from - so frustrating.

Cool, cheers for the info 930tech :smile: ill have a check of the diffuser too tomorrow. ill let you know how i get on with the door trims if you don't beat me to it!

Thats the catch on the car Martin, rather than on the bootlid side :smile:

If you remove the plastic trim at the back on the boot (link below) then you revel the bolts to move the catch around, just a bit of trial and error later and you should be laughing!!

HTML:
http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132418&page=2

Haha yepp, thats part of the character of the car

One of the rattles from inside the door is likely to be the catch release cable for the outside handle vibrating against the inside of the door.

It was coming from the top corner nearest the B-pillar, above where the outside door handle is located. This is where the cable from the door handle forms a loop and goes down to the catch.

I traced a rattle to this a couple days ago that had become unbearable in my passenger side door. I just pulled off a small piece of the foam weather barrier and stuck it to the cable to stop it rattling.

I need to do the driver's side one too some time this week when I have some spare time.