Interior rattles list!

Doogle

Winner - POTM March 2018
Hey all,

Just thought Id make a thread about interior rattles and fixes. Worth adding to if you find one!

-Climate control panel
The centre display has a trim (on the 197 its 2 piece, on the 200 its 1 piece) My 197 panel was very loose and rattles like anything, especially with Powerflex engine mounts. Solved by supergluing the plastic trim around the display in place.

-Warped glovebox lid
I found the glovebox lid rattled at certain RPM and it was loose to open. I added a piece of the soft velcro side with sticky backing to the glovebox lid catch. Its not solved it 100% but is far better.

-Interior of the glovebox
Due to the hard plastic anything hard (like a cigarette lighter charger) rattles inside. I used sticky back velcro, the soft side, to line the bottom of the glovebox. Definitely improved!

-Seatbelt mounting
I havent figured out a fix for this yet.

-Rattle around the steering wheel plastic
I *think* this might be worn indicator and wiper blade stalks, only way to sort is buy new.

-Bootlid
Adjustment of the boot catch is the main way.

-Drivers Recaro
When I bought the car my drivers Recaro clicked and I could hear it moving. As well as being annoying sound wise I could feel it shift. When dissembling I found the joints for the height adjustment were loose, the nylon bushes had worn resulting in play that would not go away no matter how much you tighten. Either new bushes or a thick clingfilm/shrink wrap will work.

Feel free to add to the list!

Reactions: RossWoods93
"Rattle around the steering wheel plastic"

Try putting your hand and not through the steering wheel encase you crash on the clear lens of the speedo see if it makes a difference else grab the peak over the clocks and give it a pull downwards and away from you and see if that's it mostly it's just the temperatures messing with the plastics expansion and contraction.

Reactions: Doogle
The plastic trim running along the pillars passenger/drivers to the bottom of the window screen screen - currently being corrected by a sock being firmly wedge in the corner of the window screen

Parcel shelf rattles like a snake. Am wondering if it’s the boot catch now though! Will investigate

Good tip for the glovebox lining. I recently discovered a buzzing/rattle was coming from the glovebox (set of keys thrown in the back). Always assumed it was something in the door card or the speakers

Reactions: Doogle
To put some context into my pillar rattle (featuring sock)

You can hear the vibrations of the interior (recently swapped engine mounts) post sock installation, but it’s currently solving the buzzing pillar rattle!

Parcel shelf rattles like a snake. Am wondering if it’s the boot catch now though! Will investigate
i removed it Ben..no chance to for unwanted noises :uk:
something is doing my head in under the plastic trim on my tailgate..as you said-needs investigating
Good tip for the glovebox lining. I recently discovered a buzzing/rattle was coming from the glovebox (set of keys thrown in the back). Always assumed it was something in the door card or the speakers
lucky found i guess...

You can hear the vibrations of the interior (recently swapped engine mounts) post sock installation, but it’s currently solving the buzzing pillar rattle!

haha..same here..i used a bit of a black rubber piece from my old phone case..did the job nicely

My 182 interior rattles when cold but when the cabin has warmed up the rattles disappear. I need to adjust the boot lock catch on the 197 though.

Reactions: Kyle57

So that where the saying "put a sock in it" comes from! :think: lol

That is fecking weird! Never heard that sound before. Probably a broken clip, our Renaults are rattling themselves to death :tearsofjoy: