Operation 'Ultra 197'

Harder and harder to find unabused ones now too.

I had an S1 16V as my first car, bit of a bold choice for a new driver but it was so raw and taught me a lot.

Harder and harder to find unabused ones now too.

I had an S1 16V as my first car, bit of a bold choice for a new driver but it was so raw and taught me a lot.

I made a similar mistake, was on a trade policy so could have pretty much anything I liked, ended up with a 405 Mi16 at 20... how I'm still alive I don't know! worrying..

Hahaha good times!!! My insurance was insane on that thing, but it was totally worth it. :smiley:

did a bit of touch up work today, had to thin the usually thick touch up paint down with some cellulose thinners mind. Here is the Renault Part No for anyone who needs it. :cloud9:

P1010105.jpg

Looking to try and get a good wash and wax in soon before the weather really turns. I have used race glaze products for the last few years as they seem to really do the job well and have a high carnuba content - although their prices seem to have shot up. If it's good enough for the Porsche owners club! http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/

P1010103.jpg

Also treated my self to a boot tidy. Bit old granny but useful for the tyre foam and a few tools etc...

P1010100.jpg

Just ordered two new conti's SC3's for the front. Looking to get these on with the wheel refurb, hopefully in the next month. Still not sure what colour.

Are you sure that is the right paint? Renault couldn't supply me with one. The paint code NNF doesn't come up on the system in the UK. Ultra red comes up as NNC and is the wrong colour. Ultra red on the Renault Sport models is only available from Dieppe, only for the Renault Sport range and apparently the colour is different to the Ultra Red we have over here.

Are you sure that is the right paint? Renault couldn't supply me with one. The paint code NNF doesn't come up on the system in the UK. Ultra red comes up as NNC and is the wrong colour. Ultra red on the Renault Sport models is only available from Dieppe, only for the Renault Sport range and apparently the colour is different to the Ultra Red we have over here.

100% correct paint (as far as I know) - I have put an article up in the Ultra red owners group mate. :thumbup:

I know the parts manager at Bham Renault quite well, they do have problems finding the code, and I think the paint actually comes from Spain (can't remember who told me that) now and Renault dealers don't stock it for some reason, maybe for the reason you have mentioned? (well Renault Birmingham said they use a local paint shop to mix it). However, all that said, he managed to find two correct codes (this being one) after some investigating so I have trusted his findings.

If it is wrong it seems to be spot on with the colour match when applying it though. I was going to get a bodyshop to mix me a small pot, but this seems ok for touching up.

PS - if you need any your welcome to drive over and test a bit on your car before buying one.

Last edited:
I bought some from paints4u.com because Renault were hacking me off with it. That was Renault Wolverhampton. I'm still waiting for a call from them about it actually, I think it was April when I went in.

I hate Renault B'ham, only been once and called a couple of times, but I wouldn't go near the place again, absolute bunch of a***h***s from my experience. Sorry to your mate, but if he has been there more then 12 months tell him to get his act together as they are about as useful as a chocolate teapot! Lol!

I bought some from paints4u.com because Renault were hacking me off with it. That was Renault Wolverhampton. I'm still waiting for a call from them about it actually, I think it was April when I went in.

I hate Renault B'ham, only been once and called a couple of times, but I wouldn't go near the place again, absolute bunch of a***h***s from my experience. Sorry to your mate, but if he has been there more then 12 months tell him to get his act together as they are about as useful as a chocolate teapot! Lol!

Don't blame you buying the paint elsewhere, I was tempted to get my bodyshop man to mix me a pot rather than mess with Renault.

and yeah Renault aren't the best l must admit.

I've just had an issue with them where I had to get my labour costs back and I did the work myself in the end as they couldn't do it properly (which was very annoying).... but don't want to go in to it too much as I think the one engineer did actually know what he was doing to be fair.

I have to say though the parts guy (Simon Lawrence) is actually really good and very knowlegeable. Has always known exactly what parts to order and not let me down in 4 years of Renault ownership.

got a few more little bits done

new rubber for one...

P1010107.jpg

also replaced the broken clip that holds the bonnet stay in the inner wing.. from the looks of my old one could be a common problem.

IMAGE_176.jpg

If anyone changes theirs just be aware you really have to force the metal bar in the plastic holder once it's in the inner wing - this forces out the clips and holds it in place.

IMAGE_178.jpg

IMAGE_180.jpg

P1010110.jpg

and hibernation for a few weeks now as got the company car back. Just waiting to book in for the alloy refurb now - and hear back from a colleague on the possibility of the cup speedlines at Reanult cost price :thumbup:

nice little garage

yeah it's useful mate, got just enough room to work on the car inside which is useful and got room for a work bench with vice etc at the back with the car parked inside.

Got an extension signed off ready to go for next year, which will bring the garage to the front of the house and it will become longer.. could have done with more width really.

Since buying the car theres been some small bodywork bits I've wanted to get sorted (just light stone chips and the odd scuff/scratch - not even noticeable but I like perfection) :cloud9:...

dropping the lawn mower on the A post whilst lifting it over the car whilst in the garage this weekend has sped up my decision to sort it (annoying story!):thumbdown:

My bodyshop man is having the car at the end of the week to sort. All I can say is his work in amazing.

Marked up the bits I need doing...

lawn mower attack

P1010114.jpg

little parking marks (think I am going to go for a touch up on these as I don't want them repainted as it will change the texture which I don't want)

P1010113.jpg
P1010112.jpg

little scuff

P1010111.jpg

Going to get the boot lid treated from the inside as well... can see a very small bubble on the seam by one of the drain holes... how I love Renault!

P1010116.jpg

One for the road

P1010115.jpg

good on you!

you doing samethings like me looking after it well :wink:

Thanks Giles.

Yes, I'm trying to get the servicing/bodywork etc all sorted so it's pretty much perfect. Them may look at a few other mods.

Wheel refurb next.

Similar Thread Suggestions